• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are allowed to block him

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's OK if you're 80 or whatever he is. 80/3 = 27, that is a totally adult woman, not a teeny bopper. And having a billion or whatever bucks is like pure pudding.
:D

I can't even imagine.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was, he led with the shoulder. I'm surprised that people are ragging on Danny so much; first they say he is a pussy, then when he makes a solid block, he's being a pussy, etc. No way to please the SportsHoopla brothers.

As I've said many times previously, there is no accounting for Chets.

Chets will be Chets.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's okay

what goes around comes around

Correct. Amendola has taken more than a few cheap head shots from defensive players over the years and watching him laying one of those fuckers out was hilarious.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the block was completely within the rules, and should be, for the same reasons it's OK to block a guy away from an attempted fumble recovery.

But if your blocking technique ends up with your helmet knocking a guy's head backwards after you've run at him, you deserve a fine.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola hit him in his chest with his shoulder. The only thing wrong with this play is he was facing his own endzone, making it illegal. I think people are just bent because its a Patriots player. Get over yourselves!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola hit him in his chest with his shoulder. The only thing wrong with this play is he was facing his own endzone, making it illegal. I think people are just bent because its a Patriots player. Get over yourselves!

His place on the field had nothing to do with it. You are allowed to block a player anywhere on the field. DA did not call for a fair catch, and since he did not he can become a blocker.

Now if you want to argue he struck him high/near the neck, well that's an argument you can make.

Seems to me like you should get over yourself.:noidea:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His place on the field had nothing to do with it. You are allowed to block a player anywhere on the field. DA did not call for a fair catch, and since he did not he can become a blocker.

Now if you want to argue he struck him high/near the neck, well that's an argument you can make.

Seems to me like you should get over yourself.:noidea:

His DIRECTION on the field had everything to do with it. He was flagged for an illegal blindside block BECAUSE he turned back toward his endzone to block. He wasn't flagged for hitting him too high. Anyway, I don't think we are on different sides of this argument. My whole point is people are simply bitching because this is a Patriots player, not because the play was so filthy in and of itself.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His DIRECTION on the field had everything to do with it. He was flagged for an illegal blindside block BECAUSE he turned back toward his endzone to block. He wasn't flagged for hitting him too high. Anyway, I don't think we are on different sides of this argument. My whole point is people are simply bitching because this is a Patriots player, not because the play was so filthy in and of itself.

The Patriots are the top team of the last couple of decades, so by default they are always the most talked about, for and against.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and there is no rule aginst blocking someone facing your own endzone. The only thing wrong with the block is that as the Chiefs player began to lower himself DA hit him around the neck.

The only way it would be illegal in the sense you are making is if DA had signaled a fair catch.

Correct to flag, incorrect call.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and there is no rule aginst blocking someone facing your own endzone. The only thing wrong with the block is that as the Chiefs player began to lower himself DA hit him around the neck.

The only way it would be illegal in the sense you are making is if DA had signaled a fair catch.

Correct to flag, incorrect call.

I think you should go back and listen to the call.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should go back and listen to the call.

Hence it's a good flag, but an incorrrect call. The key is he didn't signal fair catch, therefore the block was legal; however the location of the contact was not.

Not the first time the refs have gotten a flag correct but a call wrong.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought for sure he was going to be suspended. I want to know how they came up with that amount for the fine