• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We are 9-3 in basketball this season...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be Marshall.

Hopefully this turns out to be like Richrod leading to Saban.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be Marshall.

Hopefully this turns out to be like Richrod leading to Saban.
Both bastards in my book. Marshall knew he wasnt leaving, he was using us to set his market value for his new contract. Much like Richrod did. Karma is a bitch, lets hope she bites his ass.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know anything about him more than the numbers posted in the report. Seems like a competent coach in the NBA, but college is not the NBA and recruiting is a horse of a different color than drafting players.
From what I've read on other boards we should be very excited about this hire. They seem to think he could be able to recruit really well, has ties to the Texas AAU circuit. Has a great personality and knows how to coach kids and is passionate about coaching kids, much like Saban I imagine. But a lot of other Bama fans are excited. I'm excited. But only time will tell how good a hire this truly is.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NBA player and coach so hopefully he does well at the college level. I've seen some other fans like Auburn fans try to act like it's a bad hire because he isn't Phil Jackson or Pat Riley, but I don't think not winning a NBA title is exactly a negative.

I'm excited to see what we have next year. I always read we have talent but never develop or do anything with it.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope I'm wrong but hiring Johnson does not excite me. It seems to me like Battle panicked and settled real quick once Marshall played us, instead of trying to find a good college coach.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Johnson's interview when he landed at the airport, I like him more than Grant already.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope I'm wrong but hiring Johnson does not excite me. It seems to me like Battle panicked and settled real quick once Marshall played us, instead of trying to find a good college coach.

I like the idea of bringing in a former NBA coach. I really don't know much about basketball other than what people say, but it seemed to me like the remaining choices for a head coach were non existent. This is the kind of thing I was hoping for honestly.

I never understood why Marshall was such a good choice. But everyone says it, so I accept it as true. But from a guy who only knows what he reads, Marshall reminded me of the Grant hire to be perfectly honest. Has a little success at a smaller school and then we give them a try.

I know Johnson doesn't have college experience, but I have to see the NBA experience from winning a title as a player to making the playoffs as a coach as being better than the experiences of a coach who takes a mid major to a few NCAA tourneys.

I see people from other schools dumping on the hire elsewhere, but I take that as a good sign to be honest. They are worried about what could potentially happen.

I'm excited just because it's someone different and will bring a change.