• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We all like Trubisky, but...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs will be fine....its hard for him to go forward when the team has no o-line,wr and te to go forward with......We all knew what to expect this year with him,and I like the thought he`s acyually getting the reps he needs.
Sorry hes not a Watson,Wentz or Winston,they have the playmakers to make them good so far in their careers,,,,Trubs doesn`t..........I`ll wait till next sdeason before a little more criticism from me........

Actually, he's kind of exactly like Wentz and Goff. That was their problem last year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of that was due to penalties that pinned us back deep.

I think they had one penalty that pinned them deep the entire game. Being the block in the back on the return, no? The hold happened after we recovered a fumble in Eagles territory.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's your point...???

We had bad field position? Of course, we didn't pickup a single first down until the 3rd quarter.

We committed a first down hold? We had a block in the back on a return? Is this supposed to be some rare feat, that only the Bears have managed? That changes nothing about our young QB's performance.

These is just, irrelevant things you are telling me. How does this possibly explain all of the horrendous throws Trubisky made in that game?

There isn't a way to spin Trubisky's performance against Philly. You do know that, right? He was bad. Very bad. Like... you understand that, right? I don't have to explain that...?....... Please, tell me that I don't have to explain that.

Beardown, saying Trubisky played a bad game, or giving a slight critique of his play. Is not condemning or labeling him. It's just being an honest fan.

Good fuck, you like to hear yourself talk.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they had one penalty that pinned them deep the entire game. Being the block in the back on the return, no? The hold happened after we recovered a fumble in Eagles territory.

They had penalties to start 3 of 5 drives that pinned them inside their own 5 each time. Against the best team in football.

3 out of 5 first half drives started inside their 5 due in part to penalties on returns and on the subsequent first down plays. Just as I stated in my very first fucking post, that they were pinned deep and behind in down and distance the whole first half.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good fuck, you like to hear yourself talk.

I find it odd that you're making this a confrontational thing. We're simply conversing. That's it...

I also find it odd that you are deflecting away from acknowledging Trubisky's very poor performance, at all costs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had penalties to start 3 of 5 drives that pinned them inside their own 5 each time. Against the best team in football.

3 out of 5 first half drives started inside their 5 due in part to penalties on returns and on the subsequent first down plays. Just as I stated in my very first fucking post, that they were pinned deep and behind in down and distance the whole first half.

Help me here buddy...

What does that have to do with Trubisky's horrendous accuracy, pocket presence and decision making throughout the entire game?

Also, don't you think that our inability to get a first down, and turn the field position had something to do with our poor starting field position?

Please, I am not trying to be a dick to you. I simply don't see where this ties together.

I am taken off-guard by your hostility.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised we haven't gotten a BS straw-man argument dropped into this thread yet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07

Why are you acting like I am blaming the game on Trubisky? It was an all-around piss poor performance by everyone. Mitch simply did his share of sucking, as everyone else did.

I don't know how many more times I can re-iterate that I like Trubisky, and his ability.

All I am saying, is that he has a ways to go and his flaws to fix. Are you of the opinion that he's a complete QB? Ready to lead an NFL team into the post-season? Ready to lead a team to a division crown over Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, or the Vikings and that defense?

Unless the answer is yes, we basically agree. So, I just don't get here you're coming from with all of this. It's like you're only choosing to read my critiques of Trubisky, and get so set-off by that. It leads you to ignore the rest of what I am saying, which is clearly affecting your ability to understand the scope of my point with the kid...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he's kind of exactly like Wentz and Goff. That was their problem last year.

Fingers crossed that his problems are the same. I know his supporting cast doesn't help much, but man...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07

Why are you acting like I am blaming the game on Trubisky? It was an all-around piss poor performance by everyone. Mitch simply did his share of sucking, as everyone else did.

I don't know how many more times I can re-iterate that I like Trubisky, and his ability.

All I am saying, is that he has a ways to go and his flaws to fix. Are you of the opinion that he's a complete QB? Ready to lead an NFL team into the post-season? Ready to lead a team to a division crown over Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers, or the Vikings and that defense?

Unless the answer is yes, we basically agree. So, I just don't get here you're coming from with all of this. It's like you're only choosing to read my critiques of Trubisky, and get so set-off by that. It leads you to ignore the rest of what I am saying, which is clearly affecting your ability to understand the scope of my point with the kid...

Meh, my point is that you are exaggerating his "horrendous" play, while ignoring the multitude of outside factors that go into QB play. Of course Trubisky played bad. His TEAM, played their worst game, against their best opponent.

Has the kid been perfect? By no means, but it is impossible to gain any kind of true assessment of the kid, when we trot out shitty receivers and then limit the playbook because of that. All while our running game and defense falls off the face of the earth at the same time.

Yes, starting inside your 5 affects the game. Yes being behind in down and distance affects the game. Yes getting down 17 before getting a first down affects the remainder of the game, all in a negative manner, generally, particularly a young team, with no discernible passing threat.

So you can pretend you know that he's been awful, just like some shitty analyst that tries to over-sensationalize everything, but really has no clue where the receiver was supposed to be, how deep, how wide...did he get any separation whatsoever.]

I just think a couple of bad games in a season lost, are hardly qualifiers for judgement...or at least qualifiers for anyone to give a fuck, I guess.

But so you'll stop, yes Trubisky has not played great this year, but a resounding no, to me being concerned about it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me settle this between the board's two idiots.

You're both complete morons.

End of thread.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed that his problems are the same. I know his supporting cast doesn't help much, but man...

Obviously, no two QB's are identical, and I'm not saying anything is for certain. However, when you look at their rookie numbers, compared to Trub's. It is a bit encouraging.

Goff: 7 Starts 0-7 Record 5 TD's 7 INT's 1089 63.6 QB Rating 54.6 CMP% 5.3 Yards/Attempt

Wentz: 16 Starts 7-9 Record 16 TD's 14 INT's 3782 Yards 79.3 QB Rating 5.7 Yards/Attempt

Trubisky: 8 Starts 2-6 Record 5 TD's 4 INT's 1237 Yards 74.6 QB Rating 6.4 Yards/Attempt

At least, it suggests that Trub could certainly still pan out. Especially with a little help from a new staff and supporting cast. Like Wentz/Goff both got this past year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, my point is that you are exaggerating his "horrendous" play, while ignoring the multitude of outside factors that go into QB play. Of course Trubisky played bad. His TEAM, played their worst game, against their best opponent.

Has the kid been perfect? By no means, but it is impossible to gain any kind of true assessment of the kid, when we trot out shitty receivers and then limit the playbook because of that. All while our running game and defense falls off the face of the earth at the same time.

Yes, starting inside your 5 affects the game. Yes being behind in down and distance affects the game. Yes getting down 17 before getting a first down affects the remainder of the game, all in a negative manner, generally, particularly a young team, with no discernible passing threat.

So you can pretend you know that he's been awful, just like some shitty analyst that tries to over-sensationalize everything, but really has no clue where the receiver was supposed to be, how deep, how wide...did he get any separation whatsoever.]

I just think a couple of bad games in a season lost, are hardly qualifiers for judgement...or at least qualifiers for anyone to give a fuck, I guess.

But so you'll stop, yes Trubisky has not played great this year, but a resounding no, to me being concerned about it.

Meh, my point is that you are exaggerating his "horrendous" play

His TEAM, played their worst game, against their best opponent.

It was BAD man. The throws he missed had little to do with his teammates. As his WR's were open on those plays. If he hits his open throws, that game ain't 31-3. I can tell you that.

They started the drive only twice inside of the five, and we didn't commit any more penalties than what is about the norm in the NFL. Nothing is going to go perfect for you, and those two things are just a reality of football. Again, it still has nothing to do with him dropping back to pass at mid-field, and firing an interception or a rocket ball nearly into the bleachers. Over an open receiver.

I guess I just don't think it's the end of the world that he played so bad. So, I have no problem acknowledging it. It happens when you're young. Hell, Goff played bad for his entire stint as a starter last year.

So you can pretend you know that he's been awful

Here we go again... I never said that he's been awful. I have re-iterated many times that I love his ability, and he's shown flashes. I said he had ONE AWFUL game. Not only that, I said it's OKAY.

just like some shitty analyst that tries to over-sensationalize everything

Oh, you mean like how I said Trub could still be a Hall of Fame QB? lol

but really has no clue where the receiver was supposed to be, how deep, how wide...did he get any separation whatsoever.

When a receiver breaks out of his route, looking for the ball and has 5 feet of separation. Like often in the Philly game, and Trub fires 8 feet over his head to the sideline. Yeah... I'm pretty sure the play design wasn't to get the ball to Dontrelle Inman by the sideline heater.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubs is gonna be fine. A year under his belt and next year he will be ready to play pro ball. Right now he has no WRs no TE and piss poor coaching. Call them excuses if you like but it's not a good situation for any QB let alone a rookie with 11 college games under his belt.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually theyre not...............
Wentz atleast had Ertz,one of the best in the league,Jordan Mathews and Sproles coming out of the backfield........Wentz had better options.

Trubisky..........Yeah,nothing here to see.............

Goff.......Yeah his supporting cast sucked too.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually theyre not...............
Wentz atleast had Ertz,one of the best in the league,Jordan Mathews and Sproles coming out of the backfield........Wentz had better options.

Trubisky..........Yeah,nothing here to see.............

Goff.......Yeah his supporting cast sucked too.

Goff is a good comparison, in that not only did he have shit at receiver, but that John Fox is Jeff Fisher's spirit-animal.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff is a good comparison, in that not only did he have shit at receiver, but that John Fox is Jeff Fisher's spirit-animal.

This is actually a great comparison.

Once very good coaches, who just let the game pass them by.

Trubisky was inspiring today, to say the least. What a lovely performance.

Cincy has clearly cashed in for the season, but seeing this team put a full game together today... I can't hate it. Even if it did cost a couple of spots in the 2018 draft. You have to love what you saw.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dacoolest.0.0.gif

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraging signs. I wish I could’ve seen the game. It’s only the bengals, but this team shows it can win games. Draft position isn’t so urgent this year. We don’t need a QB, and a lot of teams will be taking QBs early. We will still be near the bottom and most likely will have very good talent to choose from. You got to figure that Rosen and Darnold are going top 3. Then there’s Allen who’s a wildcard. Players I kind of like are Christian Kirk, Calvin Ridley, and McGlinchey. They can probably be had by trading back from where we draft even if we win a few games.