• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically... we disagree, but have no real "proof" as to why.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't you both just concede that both FSU and UGA will BOTH be top 10 (probably top 5) defenses next season and leave it alone. The proof will come out eventually ... Geez -- you two and your pissing contest. But let's be realistic Dawg

UGA OOC -- Buffalo, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech
You dont play Bama, LSU, or Arky -- Your toughest game with probably be South Carolina and Auburn might raise your blood pressure a bit.

FSU OOC -- USF, West Virginia (for now anyhow), Florida, Murray State
They play Miami and VT on the road (U doesn't look to be a problem next year) and they play Clemson too

So let's not really get into a discussion about SOS between the two next season. There really is no discussion. If statistically next season they are near same, tie-breaker goes to FSU's defense because they actually play teams with an offensive pulse.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that probably shouldnt be ranked ahead of us going into next year:
Oklahoma St - No Weeden, no Blackmon
Ohio State - was 6-6 last year and could have been worse
Nebraska - painful offense
Michigan St - see above
Stanford - No Luck

You know MSU scored 3 points per game more last year than VT right??? And gave up less ppg as well... Actually Nebraska scored more ppg than VT as well. Just saying :)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally, I think the following teams are ranked way too high in this preseason-BS-top25:

Michigan (they didn't look even close to a top 10 team in the Sugar)
FSU (until their O proves something, their defense can only hope to win 8-9 games)
Texas (go figure -- Texas being over rated as usual)
Wisky (no Russell Wilson = nowhere close to a B1G championship, Ball or not)
TCU (they're about to see what big boy football is)
... and the winner is Okey State -- ranked ahead of VT?? What?? Chalk it up to the fact that they finished in the top 3 -- Lose Weeden/Blackmon and a laughable defense in the Big12 = getting owned annually by OU again

Personally, I'm cackling that some of these teams (pre-season '12) are ranked ahead of VT -- but welcome to the VT-hate-show .. We'll get no love, in any way, until we prove something. I don't care so much but I think that we'll be ranked between 10 and 15 in most preseason polls next season ... and even if we ran the table, we have no shot at MNC next season -- unless they get a 4-team playoff immediately .. it'll be USC and SEC

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"and even if we ran the table, we have no shot at MNC next season -- unless they get a 4-team playoff immediately .. it'll be USC and SEC "

The hell you say!! But hold on Sparko!! Lets fill our schedule with Austin Peay, Furman, Western Michigan and William and Mary (throw VMI in there if you would like), so we can just pray that there are 1 (or no) team(s) with more than one loss so we can back into he NCG. Not taking anything away from the '99 team.. they deserved to be there, but that is what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bwahahaha -- you're not getting me to ride on that train that some ride on -- the "let's run the table on pud-wackers and back into the NC game" train

That being said -- I honestly think that USC runs the table next season (Oregon is their only real challenge)

And the proverbial undefeated or one-loss SEC-west team

hope I'm wrong .. We have a good enough schedule next season to go as an undefeated over a 1-loss team IMO -- but that's a long ways away....

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think VT should be in the 12-17 range going into the season. We don't know how the OL will do as a unit. They haven't played enough together yet. If they look good early then we should rise into the top 10 in the middle of the season and if we don't blow any games we can jump into the top 5 late. We will (likely) have ranked opponents in FSU and Clemson. GT may also be ranked if we open up against them just to create more interest in the game for TV. We would then likely be playing Clemson or FSU again in the ACCG. If we win out we have at least 4 ranked opponents and possibly some top 10 or top 5 wins. We would have a strong case depending on how FSU,Clemson,and Miami turn out. Once again this comes down to us winning out for any shot at it and also how we win in some of these games. The defense will do its part and we will have weapons on offense. We need the OL to play well and the play calling to get the ball into our play makers' hands. If we can do that, the preseason ranking is irrelevant.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you both just concede that both FSU and UGA will BOTH be top 10 (probably top 5) defenses next season and leave it alone. The proof will come out eventually ... Geez -- you two and your pissing contest. But let's be realistic Dawg

You dont play Bama, LSU, or Arky -- Your toughest game with probably be South Carolina and Auburn might raise your blood pressure a bit.

They play Miami and VT on the road (U doesn't look to be a problem next year) and they play Clemson too

So let's not really get into a discussion about SOS between the two next season. There really is no discussion. If statistically next season they are near same, tie-breaker goes to FSU's defense because they actually play teams with an offensive pulse.

No pissing match here, as i do not have a dog (pun intended) in this fight. If I were embedded in a pissing contest i would be claiming how VT's defense next year will be better than them both :eyebrows: My opinion actually was that they would be about even, and both most likely top-5 D's.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No pissing match here, as i do not have a dog (pun intended) in this fight. If I were embedded in a pissing contest i would be claiming how VT's defense next year will be better than them both :eyebrows: My opinion actually was that they would be about even, and both most likely top-5 D's.
I'd agree with them both being most likely top 5 D's .. I think Clemson may actually fall off a little this next season .. Both FSU and VT will have better defenses and will watch plenty of tape on Clemson's offense .. I look for them to be better prepared to challenge their offense .. How Clemson's defense owned us still baffles me a little ..

That being said,

- Dabo is a pud
- I'm not overly impressed with Boyd -- but Sammy Watkins is sick -- he'll be gone after next season -- we'll need an answer to him.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. How Clemson's defense owned us still baffles me a little ..

That being said,

- Dabo is a pud
- I'm not overly impressed with Boyd -- but Sammy Watkins is sick -- he'll be gone after next season -- we'll need an answer to him.

Their defense was attacking and blitzing. Our Offensive staff never took advantage of their aggressiveness.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ that avatar, Camfantasy.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good to me... I still think UGA's will be better. :becky:

... and I never really got what was being said about SOS next year (especially since FSU hasn't finalized their schedule).

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said ***one*** of the most reliable, and it is exactly the same as the NCAA's site, so I guess my assumption was correct.

Sorry i assumed the "Buffalo Bulls" were an FCS team, but i guess their just a horrible Mid American team.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way we're going to be absolutely screwed by the polls next year

"hey they lose their QB we finally have an excuse to drop them"

at least Michigan State will be ranked highly, but that game is looking like a must win now.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that VT got no love last year from the polls. If we get it done on the field, I am confident we will get adequate respect. I don't think you can ask for much more than being in the top 5-10 with 1 loss and a weak schedule, no complaints from me.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way we're going to be absolutely screwed by the polls next year

"hey they lose their QB we finally have an excuse to drop them"

That hasn't been the case with Okla St. yet.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with them both being most likely top 5 D's .. I think Clemson may actually fall off a little this next season .. Both FSU and VT will have better defenses and will watch plenty of tape on Clemson's offense .. I look for them to be better prepared to challenge their offense .. How Clemson's defense owned us still baffles me a little ..

That being said,

- Dabo is a pud

I concur fully, except that Sammy Watkins will have to wait till the year after next instead of next year to declare. He was a true freshman last year. Clemson will most likely take a small step back with the loss of (I think) 3 starters on both sides of their lines. They still should be a top 20 team though. Who on UGA's schedule looks to be a likely addition to the top 20 next year outside of South Carolina? I don't see any.