• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah really?? they only lost the whole team to the draft and are facing NCAA penalties.

actually its funny that it took that much to finally not have them in a preseason top 25.

boise is too low as well. theres little doubt in my mind that they will have another qb step up in a big way now that moore is gone.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boise is too low as well. theres little doubt in my mind that they will have another qb step up in a big way now that moore is gone.

they've been looking for an excuse to rank us low for years now, Moore leaving has finally given them that excuse

I'm happy to see Michigan State as high as 6th though because I think we can beat them.

rumor has it we might be playing Arkansas at Jerryworld as well, I'm prediction a loss in that one

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they've been looking for an excuse to rank us low for years now, Moore leaving has finally given them that excuse

I'm happy to see Michigan State as high as 6th though because I think we can beat them.

rumor has it we might be playing Arkansas at Jerryworld as well, I'm prediction a loss in that one

michigan state will be ranked in the 20s by seasons end. mark my words. im just not a believer in what they have to sell.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These writers just can't resist putting FSU in the top 10. Personally, I wouldn't put a single ACC school in the top 10, including us. No school deserves it until they prove they can beat major OOC opponents. FSU, Clemson, and us should be anywhere from 12th to 22nd imo.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
michigan state will be ranked in the 20s by seasons end. mark my words. im just not a believer in what they have to sell.

I think they end up alright, mainly because the Big 10 is in such transition, Ohio State is down, Wisconsin losing Konz to the draft means they won't be as good, Nebraska is still transitioning into the conference and they lose 4 games every year, Michigan is a team that got a ton of lucky breaks throughout the year and they play a tougher schedule in 2012 so they will drop off a bit. Michigan State might start out slow but get better as the season goes one(good for us lol though we will get better as well).

These writers just can't resist putting FSU in the top 10. Personally, I wouldn't put a single ACC school in the top 10, including us. No school deserves it until they prove they can beat major OOC opponents. FSU, Clemson, and us should be anywhere from 12th to 22nd imo.

same with them always putting Notre Dame in the top 25, they do it every single year and they always disappoint. It's funny how the hype the Notre Dame quarterback battle, some battle that is, it's a challenge to see which one sucks less. Meanwhile with Florida State Manuel hasn't lived up to his hype and they have no running game. Right now I don't see either in the top 25. Florida State is just outside, Notre Dame isn't even near consideration.

I barely even ranked Clemson after their Orange Bowl performance and that their defense loses it's two best players.

Virginia Tech I have higher than most because you guys have a talented team you just made a lot of mistakes, which is usually an indication of a young team, I think I have you 5th but that's about the ceiling.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear FSU will have the best defense in the country next year. :L

Heard that last year too...

I'm certain that Georgia & LSU will have a better D than FSU.

FSU's defense was ranked 4th in the country in total D last year, and is returning 9 starters from that team. I think it's safe to say that they very well may have the best D in the country next year. Offense is FSU's problem...not their defense. What makes you think UGA's defense (that wasn't better than them last year) will be better this year when returning an equal amount of players? I for the record think they will be pretty even myself, i'm just curious as to what makes you think UGA's defense will be better? Is it UGA's easier schedule?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's defense was ranked 4th in the country in total D last year, and is returning 9 starters from that team. I think it's safe to say that they very well may have the best D in the country next year. Offense is FSU's problem...not their defense. What makes you think UGA's defense (that wasn't better than them last year) will be better this year when returning an equal amount of players? I for the record think they will be pretty even myself, i'm just curious as to what makes you think UGA's defense will be better? Is it UGA's easier schedule?

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but UGA actually finished 3rd in total defense (behind Bama & LSU). FSU finished 6th, which is higher than I thought.

Georgia is bringing back 10 of 11 defensive starters.

Also... FSU plays in the ACC. (sorry guys)

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/stats/team-total-defense

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but UGA actually finished 3rd in total defense (behind Bama & LSU). FSU finished 6th, which is higher than I thought.

Georgia is bringing back 10 of 11 defensive starters.

Also... FSU plays in the ACC. (sorry guys)

2011-12 NCAA FBS Team Total Defense - USATODAY.com

Problem with that list is that it ends after the championship games in December. This list has South Carolina 3rd, FSU 4th, Georgia 5th.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2011&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org&div=IA&dest=O

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my numbers from one of the most reliable college football stat websites on the internet....cfbstats.com - 2011 National Team Leaders

And you can blast the ACC all you want but UGA plays 2 FCS teams next year, Florida Atlantic, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn, and GT (who is the 2nd most difficult team from the looks of it and is an ACC team) and the only truly difficult team which would be South Carolina.

FSU may play a lot of garbage as well but they also play West Virginia, Clemson, and VT next year.

SEC chest beating aside, i don't think many rational college football fans on Earth would say UGA's schedule is harder than FSU's.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... so my numbers are wrong. :L

I still stand by my assessment.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my numbers from one of the most reliable college football stat websites on the internet....cfbstats.com - 2011 National Team Leaders

And you can blast the ACC all you want but UGA plays 2 FCS teams next year, Florida Atlantic, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Ole Miss, Auburn, and GT (who is the 2nd most difficult team from the looks of it and is an ACC team) and the only truly difficult team which would be South Carolina.

FSU may play a lot of garbage as well but they also play West Virginia, Clemson, and VT next year.

SEC chest beating aside, i don't think many rational college football fans on Earth would say UGA's schedule is harder than FSU's.

The most reliable source is the original source itself...the NCAA website.

Also, Georgia only plays one FCS school, not sure where you get two from.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said ***one*** of the most reliable, and it is exactly the same as the NCAA's site, so I guess my assumption was correct.

Sorry i assumed the "Buffalo Bulls" were an FCS team, but i guess their just a horrible Mid American team.

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't either... did I?

But I will say that if it isn't, it's because FSU plays the Murray State Racers.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said ***one*** of the most reliable, and it is exactly the same as the NCAA's site, so I guess my assumption was correct.

2012 Georgia Bulldogs Football Schedule - UGA

According to that website UGA plays the Buffalo Bulls (whoever that is) and Georgia Southern.

I don't why, but you seem a little upset.

Did you find a complete FSU schedule for 2012? Because I couldn't.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does UGA playing an easier schedule next year have to do with how good the defense will be? If anything, playing weaker competition would help UGA's defensive stats.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset at all. Just trying to understand why you seem to believe UGA is "certainly" going to have a better defense next year is all. I believe UGA will almost certainly have a better team than FSU, but I don't think anyone could assume that UGA's defense will be better.

And the question i was asking at the end of that post, if you re-read it, was if you were considering UGA's easier schedule in making your assumption that UGA's defense is "certainly" going to be better. That was the only logical explanation i could come up with.

And here is a half @ss schedule for FSU next year. (with no dates, but with all games played.)

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset at all. Just trying to understand why you seem to believe UGA is "certainly" going to have a better defense next year is all. I believe UGA will almost certainly have a better team than FSU, but I don't think anyone could assume that UGA's defense will be better.

And the question i was asking at the end of that post, if you re-read it, was if you were considering UGA's easier schedule in making your assumption that UGA's defense is "certainly" going to be better. That was the only logical explanation i could come up with.

I can't break down a Mike Ditka like explanation as to why I think UGA will have better defense than FSU next year.

All I can say is that I think Georgia's defense was better than FSU this last year, and should be next year as well.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't break down a Mike Ditka like explanation as to why I think UGA will have better defense than FSU next year.

All I can say is that I think Georgia's defense was better than FSU this last year, and should be next year as well.

You can't give any rational explanation though? Or is your biased opinion of UGA vs FSU slightly tainted? I actually have a lot of respect for both programs pretty equally, and think they are pretty even on that side of the ball myself.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't give any rational explanation though? Or is your biased opinion of UGA vs FSU slightly tainted? I actually have a lot of respect for both programs pretty equally, and think they are pretty even on that side of the ball myself.

Can you give me any "rational explanations" as to why FSU will be better than UGA defensively?

I think Todd Gratham is a great coach, I think next year the defense will be completely tailored for his 3-4, instead of "working with what he had" his first year.

I have seen no reason to suspect the defense will be anything but better than they were this year.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said FSU was going to be better. I said clearly multiple times they should be about even. I think Mike Stoops is probably an equally great coach though, and FSU has been doing just as good if not a tad better at recruiting the defensive side of the ball lately.