• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way too early top 25

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's right .. It is 3 years removed from HS .. bummer .. the sooner we get Sammy out of the ACC, the better (for us).

I think that Auburn could be top 25 (in and out) like this past year. Florida maybe .. That's it. They have an easy road (for an SEC team) next season and should make good on it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with them both being most likely top 5 D's .. I think Clemson may actually fall off a little this next season .. Both FSU and VT will have better defenses and will watch plenty of tape on Clemson's offense .. I look for them to be better prepared to challenge their offense .. How Clemson's defense owned us still baffles me a little ..

That being said,

- Dabo is a pud
- I'm not overly impressed with Boyd -- but Sammy Watkins is sick -- he'll be gone after next season -- we'll need an answer to him.

1. You mad?
2. Sammy is a true freshman, he'll be around at least two more years.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I concur fully, except that Sammy Watkins will have to wait till the year after next instead of next year to declare. He was a true freshman last year. Clemson will most likely take a small step back with the loss of (I think) 3 starters on both sides of their lines. They still should be a top 20 team though. Who on UGA's schedule looks to be a likely addition to the top 20 next year outside of South Carolina? I don't see any.

I only see two for FSU (in Rivals rankings), and they are both over rated in my opinion.

And I still don't see what SOS has to do with anything.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Feldman's Top 10...

Tuesday Top 10: The Early Preseason Top 10 - CBSSports.com

Preseason rankings are what they are, more so this early, but I actually respect Feldman's opinion.

I usually like him but i disagree with his choices a lot...

WVU is not the #6 team in the country. OU is over rated every year. Arkansas i just dont believe in at all because they got crushed by the good teams they played except KSU. TCU will be playing with the big boys now and will not see a 10 win season. FSU has to prove something first. Just missed the cut Ohio State? Meyer is good and I am a tOSU fan but they have a lot to turn around in 1 off season to get to near the top 10.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ballboy -- Just stating a fact. What is a Dabo ??

Dawg -- Just saying that, if statistically UGA and FSU are pretty equal on defense, FSU wins the push because of their SOS as the better defensive team. FWIW, I think that Georgia will be the overall better team (FSU can't figure it out on offense). Regardless of who is overrated, you can't argue the difference in OOC games between these two teams. And trust me, after hearing all the shit about the Hokies' weak schedule this past season from EVERYONE in the country, SOS means EVERYTHING if you're not in the SEC.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually think that Arkansas will be very good next season. Their QB is coming back, they have Bama AND LSU at home. They will have a better running game. LSU AND Bama will not be AS good. They have a chance to win the SEC West.

WVU .. #6 ?? WTFE
TCU??? bwahahahahaha
FSU??? Preseason hype machine but better than the other two

At least I don't see Okey State and Michigan in there.

I would replace WVU and TCU with South Carolina and VT (hehehehe) and it's good

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually like him but i disagree with his choices a lot...

WVU is not the #6 team in the country. OU is over rated every year. Arkansas i just dont believe in at all because they got crushed by the good teams they played except KSU. TCU will be playing with the big boys now and will not see a 10 win season. FSU has to prove something first. Just missed the cut Ohio State? Meyer is good and I am a tOSU fan but they have a lot to turn around in 1 off season to get to near the top 10.

Based on schedule, I like Georgia and Ohio State's chances at running the table and entering their conference title games undefeated. But I agree that USC and the SEC championship winner will likely play for the national title.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballboy -- Just stating a fact. What is a Dabo ??

Dawg -- Just saying that, if statistically UGA and FSU are pretty equal on defense, FSU wins the push because of their SOS as the better defensive team. FWIW, I think that Georgia will be the overall better team (FSU can't figure it out on offense). Regardless of who is overrated, you can't argue the difference in OOC games between these two teams. And trust me, after hearing all the shit about the Hokies' weak schedule this past season from EVERYONE in the country, SOS means EVERYTHING if you're not in the SEC.

See, I'm just still not able to follow that logic. Sorry.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ummm .. yeah -- SEC defenses rule .. but their offenses do not -- overall

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummm .. yeah -- SEC defenses rule .. but their offenses do not -- overall

True dat...the SEC has more teams in the bottom 20 of the country in total offense (5) than they have in the top 72 (3) ouchhhhh

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most offenses look quite poor against the greatest defenses.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most offenses look quite poor against the greatest defenses.

Yep, they usually do. Can you explain why Vanderbilt is at 18th, Tennessee at 27th, or MissST at 35th in total defense though? Do you really think Vandy has the 18th best defense in all of college football? Or are they just playing a lot of down right pitiful offenses?

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly. Did you see any Vandy games this year? They are no joke.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 or 3 i believe. I catch a lot of SEC games being from Alabama. Although i cannot quote specifics, i do remember them having a decent secondary. Or was that just one of their CBs that was pretty good? Either way if I can't remember any more than that, I couldn't have been that impressed. Definitely not top 20 in the country impressed.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 or 3 i believe. I catch a lot of SEC games being from Alabama. Although i cannot quote specifics, i do remember them having a decent secondary. Or was that just one of their CBs that was pretty good? Either way if I can't remember any more than that, I couldn't have been that impressed. Definitely not top 20 in the country impressed.

Sorry about bro. LOL j/k

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vandy was pretty good, especially defensively. The only ACC team they played (Wake Forest) they beat 41-7, and even though their offense scored a lot of points, it was mainly due to the postition their defense put them in.