• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely out of touch with today's game. There was a time that I understood and supported this position, but it seems to me that because today's game is QB centered and driven, the thing that you must have, is a QB.
Just a few years ago Foles won a super bowl combined with Wentz.
About 4 yrs ago

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a player, what a guy ... a good man ... tough as nails, but with a big heart. RIP Sam and thanks for the memories.

My parents moved us to DC in the summer of 1963. In 1964 the Redskins acquired Sonny, Sam and drafted Charley Taylor. Bobby Mitchell came to Washington in 1962. The Redskins were not a good team. They were never a good team until 1969 when Lombardi was hired. Sam came out of retirement for that. All four are HOFers. All four were great players and so fun to watch. We rooted for our bad Redskin team but rejoiced in the play of our future HOFers.

Somewhere along the line the narrative became if you do not win a championship you are not good. Somewhere along the line we moved to the current great player with a winning record was the greatest of all time. It makes me laugh when I here people say well he isn't good because he didn't win a championship. I'll just hold up 4 football cards of Sam, Sonny, Bobby and Charley and laugh. It is almost 60 years ago now but they are still some of the Redskins greats and maybe the greatest in their position for the Redskins ever. For those who got to watch them be glad for the memories.

sam-huff.jpg
I

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Sam Huff

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a player, what a guy ... a good man ... tough as nails, but with a big heart. RIP Sam and thanks for the memories.

My parents moved us to DC in the summer of 1963. In 1964 the Redskins acquired Sonny, Sam and drafted Charley Taylor. Bobby Mitchell came to Washington in 1962. The Redskins were not a good team. They were never a good team until 1969 when Lombardi was hired. Sam came out of retirement for that. All four are HOFers. All four were great players and so fun to watch. We rooted for our bad Redskin team but rejoiced in the play of our future HOFers.

Somewhere along the line the narrative became if you do not win a championship you are not good. Somewhere along the line we moved to the current great player with a winning record was the greatest of all time. It makes me laugh when I here people say well he isn't good because he didn't win a championship. I'll just hold up 4 football cards of Sam, Sonny, Bobby and Charley and laugh. It is almost 60 years ago now but they are still some of the Redskins greats and maybe the greatest in their position for the Redskins ever. For those who got to watch them be glad for the memories.

View attachment 283083
I

I was fortunate enough to get to see all four of them play and I just wish they would have had more talent to go along with them at that time. As long as I'm wishing I wish we had a young Sam Huff playing linebacker for us today.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali, thank you for all the posts. As much as we Redskin fans consider Sam an all time great Redskin it is important to know he was an all time great NFL player. One of the greats of the game and not just the Redskins. You posting his picture in a Giants uniform is appropriate.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soooooooooo, Fitz won't be returning this year and maybe not ever :(

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a few years ago Foles won a super bowl combined with Wentz.
About 4 yrs ago
So, what's your point?

Ivory soap was billed as “99-44/100% Pure,” Not 100%. Your examples fall into that other 56/100%. or in other words the exception that's found in every rule.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali, thank you for all the posts. As much as we Redskin fans consider Sam an all time great Redskin it is important to know he was an all time great NFL player. One of the greats of the game and not just the Redskins. You posting his picture in a Giants uniform is appropriate.

I couldn't stand Huff as a NY Giant but when he changed colors I loved him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s good but I don’t see too many wins either

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 283083
I
I'm too young to have seen him play, but it hurt to hear that he passed. Not for the same reason as the OGs on this board. You see I grew up watching the Skins win Superbowls. He, Sonny, and Frank are you voices of my childhood Fandom. The soundtrack of the glory years. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.