• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

Was trading Russell Wilson a good idea?

• It was OK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was a terrible idea, now the Seahawks will turn into the Jets or Raiders LOL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it feels like destiny honestly, everything we need to happen to the broncos has happened.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good news is that we should have a top 5 pick no matter what, especially with Russ' injury.

What a freaky year for the Broncos. Incredible number of injuries, bad coaching, and erratic play by Russ. Russ starts to turn it around yesterday and gets knock out with an concussion. Talk about being snake bit.

Oooh I didn't know he got injured yesterday.

Well with the #2 overall it looks like that'll stick (or at least the #3) with the.... ugh, Panthers winning (and Rams...). Sucks our draft pick improved or got more firm from those two winning. I was REALLY hoping the Texans would pull it off, but alas.

Looks like after yesterday's loss the Seahawks are lowering their chances pretty big to make the playoffs because I see 2 losses coming up against the Niners and on the road to KC. Niners run the ball very well and we can't stop it for beans, and KC is KC in KC... so yah.

Regardless, drafting #2-3, #34-35, and in the high teens or low 20s with our pick will very much give this team some needed ammo. I've said before, if Schneider likes a QB fine... go for it, otherwise resign Smith and take Carter. All 3 other picks need to be on defense. The only exception I'd allow is a Center because we can't run block up the middle (on both sides).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh I didn't know he got injured yesterday.

Well with the #2 overall it looks like that'll stick (or at least the #3) with the.... ugh, Panthers winning (and Rams...). Sucks our draft pick improved or got more firm from those two winning. I was REALLY hoping the Texans would pull it off, but alas.

Looks like after yesterday's loss the Seahawks are lowering their chances pretty big to make the playoffs because I see 2 losses coming up against the Niners and on the road to KC. Niners run the ball very well and we can't stop it for beans, and KC is KC in KC... so yah.

Regardless, drafting #2-3, #34-35, and in the high teens or low 20s with our pick will very much give this team some needed ammo. I've said before, if Schneider likes a QB fine... go for it, otherwise resign Smith and take Carter. All 3 other picks need to be on defense. The only exception I'd allow is a Center because we can't run block up the middle (on both sides).

I never root for this team to lose. And I will be cheering them on Thursday. But losing would not be terrible. That would mean we would have a pick somewhere around 15-17. Which would mean 4 picks in the first 50. You can do a LOT with that.

If that is how it plays out, I would hope we stay put with the Broncos pick and maybe trade down with our pick. Unless of course someone offers a ridiculous bounty to move down a few spots.

I would REALLY like us to get Jalen Carter. He is a wrecking crew. I'm guessing if we drop lower than 3, he will be gone. Might be gone in the top 2. I can't see the Texans not taking a QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never root for this team to lose. And I will be cheering them on Thursday. But losing would not be terrible. That would mean we would have a pick somewhere around 15-17. Which would mean 4 picks in the first 50. You can do a LOT with that.

If that is how it plays out, I would hope we stay put with the Broncos pick and maybe trade down with our pick. Unless of course someone offers a ridiculous bounty to move down a few spots.

I would REALLY like us to get Jalen Carter. He is a wrecking crew. I'm guessing if we drop lower than 3, he will be gone. Might be gone in the top 2. I can't see the Texans not taking a QB.

Oh for sure. Will I be rooting for Seattle to win on Thursday? YES. Winning is more important than tanking for draft picks. The draft is more hyped in the NFL than any other draft and I love watching it and getting excited over the idea of a prospect, etc. but you can't forget about the guys we drafted this year and in previous years, etc. And winning and developing a winning mentality in the locker room is FAR more important than a draft pick IMO. Let's not forget the #2 overall (as it stands) has a chance to come into a WINNING team potentially making the playoffs. That is HUUUUUUGE. What more motivation do you need? And the #2 knows he can't come in with attitude or the pressure of being solely the guy, because there are plenty of those guys already in an established locker room.

Go Hawks on Thursday, hell win out the season I'd be THRILLED. That said, to your point... yah if we lose the draft pick improves... but that's the same for every other team... I'd rather win.

But yah, if QB, front 7 x3 or x2 and Center.....
If Carter/Anderson, front 7 x2, Center, resign Geno.

Address guard, safety, ILB (usually can find em pretty easily), and RB in free agency. Would be fine spending our 3rd on another back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. Will I be rooting for Seattle to win on Thursday? YES. Winning is more important than tanking for draft picks. The draft is more hyped in the NFL than any other draft and I love watching it and getting excited over the idea of a prospect, etc. but you can't forget about the guys we drafted this year and in previous years, etc. And winning and developing a winning mentality in the locker room is FAR more important than a draft pick IMO. Let's not forget the #2 overall (as it stands) has a chance to come into a WINNING team potentially making the playoffs. That is HUUUUUUGE. What more motivation do you need? And the #2 knows he can't come in with attitude or the pressure of being solely the guy, because there are plenty of those guys already in an established locker room.

Go Hawks on Thursday, hell win out the season I'd be THRILLED. That said, to your point... yah if we lose the draft pick improves... but that's the same for every other team... I'd rather win.

But yah, if QB, front 7 x3 or x2 and Center.....
If Carter/Anderson, front 7 x2, Center, resign Geno.

For the time being I'm assuming that we WON'T draft a QB. If we do, that's fine. But I think that PC likes Geno and I doubt he wants to roll the dive with another young QB. Unless they see one of them as being a truly elite player.

Assuming we don't, then DT/DE first and foremost. Carter would be ideal. Anderson would be fine. That second pick could go any number of directions. Including a trade down.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the time being I'm assuming that we WON'T draft a QB. If we do, that's fine. But I think that PC likes Geno and I doubt he wants to roll the dive with another young QB. Unless they see one of them as being a truly elite player.

Assuming we don't, then DT/DE first and foremost. Carter would be ideal. Anderson would be fine. That second pick could go any number of directions. Including a trade down.

Agreed. It really all depends if Schneider loves someone, that I have no idea on. If Schneider does... take it. He wanted Rodgers, yep. He wanted Wilson, yep. He wanted Allen (didn't work out) but, yep. And he wanted Mahomes... yah. If Schneider says yes take the QB, you gotta go with it. I mean I'm sure he's whiffed on some guys, but the fact he was strongly linked to all of those guys speaks in and of itself.

If Carter is there and they don't want a QB, gotta take Carter. He ran basically the exact same defense Seattle wants to do. DE, NT, DT (Carter). We thought Woods could be a NT and Woods is great, he's just too old... 35-36+ - it's generally not gonna work. There's some decent nose tackles in this draft and we can scout around in free agency. Harris should be able to fill the DE role for another 1-2 years.

I like the idea of Anderson, but our problem right now is on the DL. EDGE rushers can NEVER be discounted, but we have bigger problems up front. And we don't have a player that really fills the position like Carter. AND if Seattle goes back to a 4-3 you can easily put Carter in as a 3 tech. I'll take Carter or Anderson, but I'd rather have Carter... and Anderson's one flaw as most scouts have pointed out, he is a bit undersized. And undersized and 3-4 don't mix well.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be tempted to take carter and use our second 1st on a NT. Truly sick of seeing TWO DTs and no nose.

What we do at QB will tell us what carroll plans do to long term. If we stick with geno I think he retires when his contract is up. If we go QB at the top I think he will coach til he dies

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fake but accurate

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Wilson is a Bronco. Makes a Broncos game interesting, one way or the other. I didn't use to record them, but I do off and on now if Sunday Ticket has a slow afternoon slate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Wilson is a Bronco. Makes a Broncos game interesting, one way or the other. I didn't use to record them, but I do off and on now if Sunday Ticket has a slow afternoon slate.
It’s been the soap opera of the NFL this year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure interesting is the word I would use unless they're fighting each other on the sidelines. More like dumpster fire.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno needs 151 yards to become the #1 passer in terms of yardage in a single season for a Seahawk... Current record is held by RW... He also holds the franchise record for a QB to complete over 70% of his passes with 70.2%... If he holds up this weekend, he would be the only Hawks QB to have done so...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno needs 151 yards to become the #1 passer in terms of yardage in a single season for a Seahawk... Current record is held by RW... He also holds the franchise record for a QB to complete over 70% of his passes with 70.2%... If he holds up this weekend, he would be the only Hawks QB to have done so...

Pretty remarkable.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty remarkable.
I was thinking the same thing because he just doesn't dink and dunk... He throws downfield quite a bit... He's actually #10 in the NFL w/ 7.5 yards per pass attempt... And out of the top 10 QB's in that category, Geno is the only one throwing over 70% completions...

1672861786607.png

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing because he just doesn't dink and dunk... He throws downfield quite a bit... He's actually #10 in the NFL w/ 7.5 yards per pass attempt... And out of the top 10 QB's in that category, Geno is the only one throwing over 70% completions...

View attachment 318193

I expect Geno to regress a bit next year certainly. But I think he has shown that accuracy isn't a real problem for him. Keep him on program and he can be effective.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Geno to regress a bit next year certainly. But I think he has shown that accuracy isn't a real problem for him. Keep him on program and he can be effective.
I do as well... I don't see him getting away from some of the boneheaded plays he's missed an INT on... Specifically the ones in the pocket where he's being pressured and he just turns towards the sideline and lets it fly...

But on the other hand, he's done enough to keep us competitive and in games... Plus he's had a full year of running the offense while gaining chemistry with the offense... He's also proved to be durable which is a huge asset at the QB position...