• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors get satisfied to often once they start playing well

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the love for Barnes myself. I think he is the x-factor that could've put this team into elite status, but his game is stuck in neutral. He has all the tools, but none of the instincts. His game hasn't evolved at all since his college days that I can see. The book on Barnes in college was that he finished poorly off the dribble, and if you can force him into 3 or 4 dribbles on an offensive move, his efficiency plummets. He's average at best as a post up player, and just like book says, force him into mutliple dribbles and he doesn't finish well. He stands around alot, and hardly ever moves without the ball, which ironically is where he's at his best. Has he ever backdoored a defender in his entire career? He finishes so much better after receiving a pass than off the dribble. I wish I could write him a note. I think he's fools gold and a relative disappointment for a 7 pick. I try to consider his age, and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he still comes up short. The only thing he does better than Draymond Green is score, and that's not saying much. Green is better in every other way. I think he's a logical piece (along with Lee) to be moved. This team has too many offensively challenged players and ultimately I have to put Barnes in that category as well. On another unrelated note I think Jordan Crawford will be moving on in the offseason. I don't think Jackson trusts his loosey game during critical minutes or crunch time.

As the 4th option he has to defer to Lee, Thompson and Curry a lot so he doesn't really get the opportunity to excel or to develop.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a shitshow...by both teams. Credit to the Ws for hanging in, but Iggys foul should have lost it
How so? Had he made the second free throw, the game would have been tied with almost six seconds left and the Warriors taking the ball into the front court after the timeout.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have the third best road record this season behind the Spurs and Thunder. Although the Warriors have already played 5 more road games than OKC.

We've screwed the pooch at home. hopefully that can be turned around.

Yep. I can't wait to see what happens the last 10 games or so. We have been playing really well since the all star break other than the Cleveland game and in LA

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the matchup. They won't beat SA or OKC in 7 games, but they can beat Houston or LA or Portland. May not be favored but won't be big underdogs either. They took care of the 'better' Nuggets last year as a lower seed. This is a good team, flaws and all. They are not even a little bit worse than Houston or Portland.

Again, they're NOT getting Portland in the first round. They could possibly finish as high as the five seed if Portland continues to implode, or they could finish as low as eight. Probably six.

Thus, they will face SAN (unlikely), LAC (unlikely), OKC (probable), HOU (less probable).

They CAN beat OKC, but they are not likely to do so. That's what we're looking at -- a six seed and having to play one of the true contenders in the first round. And a deserved six seed as they are good, but waaaay too inconsistent to avoid the elite teams in the first round.

The West wasn't as good last year, and Denver wasn't a true contender. Similar to Houston and Portland this year. Problem is, we won't draw a second tier team in the first round because of all the bad losses.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was still a win on the road in a very hostile arena.

And I started it off with "At the end of the year"....meaning when you look back, you will see mostly wins and losses....the other stuff gets swept under the rug to a certain extent.

All of the hand wringing in the regular season is overblown.

The Warriors are 16-5 in their last 21 road games I think. Thats what good teams year in and year out do. The problems at home are what have many wringing their hands...rightfully so, but that doesn't discount those road wins. Winning on the raod in the NBA is really tough.

I too am disappointed with how we've played at home. It pisses me off, and they are missed opportunities. I get it.

No matter who we play in the playoffs, its gonna be tough. No-one....no one last year saw us beating Denver and then scaring the ess out of the Spurs until Curry and boguts ankles fell off.

You know what good teams year in and year out DON'T do?

1. Lose @LAL
2. Lose at home to POR
3. Lose @ CHA
4. Lose at home to HOU
5. Lose at home to SAN reserves
6. Lose @ BKN
7. Lose at home to DEN
8. Lose at home to MIN
9. Lose at home to WAS
10. Lose at home to CHA
11. Lose at home to CLE

A contending team might have five of those types of losses, but not 11. A contending team isn't 7th in the conference in home record.

Yes, the playoffs will be tough, but don't rely on last year's upset of Denver as a paradigm for how to get it done. We won't be getting an overrated non-contender in the first round.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors have the third best road record this season behind the Spurs and Thunder. Although the Warriors have already played 5 more road games than OKC.

We've screwed the pooch at home. hopefully that can be turned around.

Actually, the Ws are sixth in road record behind SAN, OKC, IND, MIA, and MEM.

Not bad if they would've taken care of the home court.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? Had he made the second free throw, the game would have been tied with almost six seconds left and the Warriors taking the ball into the front court after the timeout.

Because that's the type of foul that allows the other team to tie it up, shifts momentum, and gets you a loss. Could the W's have won it on a buzzer beater? Possible. In overtime? Possible. Fortunately, Portland gagged too. That foul, and the waltz to the basket for a dunk on the previous possession were awful examples of defense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I can't wait to see what happens the last 10 games or so. We have been playing really well since the all star break other than the Cleveland game and in LA

And in Chicago, and in Toronto, and in Portland. But yeah, other than those five games....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Lose @LAL
2. Lose at home to POR
3. Lose @ CHA
4. Lose at home to HOU
6. Lose @ BKN7. Lose at home to DEN
8. Lose at home to MIN
9. Lose at home to WAS
10. Lose at home to CHA
11. Lose at home to CLEA contending team might have five of those types of losses, but not 11. A contending team isn't 7th in the conference in home record.

Yes, the playoffs will be tough, but don't rely on last year's upset of Denver as a paradigm for how to get it done. We won't be getting an overrated non-contender in the first round.

Astoundingly stupid, even for you.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's the type of foul that allows the other team to tie it up, shifts momentum, and gets you a loss. Could the W's have won it on a buzzer beater? Possible. In overtime? Possible. Fortunately, Portland gagged too. That foul, and the waltz to the basket for a dunk on the previous possession were awful examples of defense.

Let's review the final 53 seconds last night (Ws up 3, Blazers call timeout):

1. Lillard blows right through the defense (esp Blake) for a dunk. 7 seconds elapse, W's by one
2. Curry turnover. 26 seconds left, Ws by one.
3. Barnes fouls Lillard after he blows by Blake. Lillard makes both, Blazers by one. 20 secs left. Jax removes the useless Blake by putting in Avi.
4. Klay drains his three. Ws by two, 11 seconds. Blazer timeout. Jax puts Blake back in, taking out Avi and his rebounding skill for Blake and his defense.
5. Lillard blows by Blake, misses the layup...and, wait for it.....the Blazers get the rebound.
6. Iggy fouls Batum with 5 seconds left. Batum makes the first FT. Jax puts Avi back in for Blake. Bogut in for Barnes. #fullsquad. Ws up one.
7. Batum gags and misses his second FT. With Avi AND Bogut in, Batum gets his own rebound.
8. Batum misses a last second heave.

The technical term for the above is a SHITSHOW. Blake gets beat, Curry TO, Blake beat again, HB foul, Blake beat for a third time, Ws don't block out, Iggy fouls, Ws don't block out.

On the plus side: Klay's three. 8 screw ups and one good shot.

:L:L

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Lillard blows right through the defense (esp Blake) for a dunk. 7 seconds elapse, W's by one
3. Barnes fouls Lillard after he blows by Blake. Lillard makes both, Blazers by one. 20 secs left. Jax removes the useless Blake by putting in Avi.
4. Klay drains his three. Ws by two, 11 seconds. Blazer timeout. Jax puts Blake back in, taking out Avi and his rebounding skill for Blake and his defense.
5. Lillard blows by Blake, misses the layup...and, wait for it.....the Blazers get the rebound.
6. Iggy fouls Batum with 5 seconds left. Batum makes the first FT. Jax puts Avi back in for Blake. Bogut in for Barnes. #fullsquad. Ws up one.
7. Batum gags and misses his second FT. With Avi AND Bogut in, Batum gets his own rebound.

The technical term for the above is a SHITSHOW. Blake gets beat, Curry TO, Blake beat again, HB foul, Blake beat for a third time, Ws don't block out, Iggy fouls, Ws don't block out.

Gotta admit that is pretty sickening; and typical Warrior end-of-game bullshit.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Lose @LAL
2. Lose at home to POR
3. Lose @ CHA
4. Lose at home to HOU
6. Lose @ BKN
7. Lose at home to DEN
8. Lose at home to MIN
9. Lose at home to WAS
10. Lose at home to CHA
11. Lose at home to CLE

A contending team might have five of those types of losses, but not 11. A contending team isn't 7th in the conference in home record.

I'm not relying on last year...merely pointing out that neither you or anyone else predicted the way they played in the playoffs.

and you can't predict what will happen this year either...you may guess right, but then again you may be way off.

Overall I agree with you that really good teams shouldn't lose some of those games you've pointed out. Hell miami has had to check themselves this year. But your point is valid. Its just that I don't think its any kind of predicter to future results.

The game won on the road is a real stat though. Trditionally in most sports, strong road records, means really good team.

I will say that I wouldn't call us elite based on those losses either. And I also wouldn't be surprised if you were right and we had a 4-1 or 4-2 exit in the first round. The West is brutal again this year, so there's no easy in or out.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wins a win on the road. Its a good win no matter how you might want to put it. In most of the bad losses this year, just imagine if Klay and Curry hit most of the shots they missed? Its possible and basketball is a game of makes and misses.

We actually won the game last night because of Toney Wroten's lane violation on ONeal ft's

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Lose @LAL
2. Lose at home to POR
3. Lose @ CHA
4. Lose at home to HOU
6. Lose @ BKN
7. Lose at home to DEN
8. Lose at home to MIN
9. Lose at home to WAS
10. Lose at home to CHA
11. Lose at home to CLE

I've seen Miami, Indy , OKC ,clippers and Houston have bad losses.. You act like we are the only team that does it

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit that is pretty sickening; and typical Warrior end-of-game bullshit.
The only "bullshit" around here is characterizing last night's hard fought road win as a "shitstorm." Tzill provides us with a one-sided view of the end of the game that might be excusable if he was from Rip City. His commitment to pissing all over this victory leads this dime-store psychologist to believe that there must be a bit of self-loathing at play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "bullshit" around here is characterizing last night's hard fought road win as a "shitstorm." Tzill provides us with a one-sided view of the end of the game that might be excusable if he was from Rip City. His commitment to pissing all over this victory leads this dime-store psychologist to believe that there must be a bit of self-loathing at play.

That's a given, but if the end of the game did even remotely resemble tweezil's description then that is very bad. You can't continue to give teams chances after chances at the end oif the game. That crap cost them the playoff series against San Antonio last year.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He only looks at the down side rather than the positive