• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warford named PFF Offensive ROY

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Warford was graded out as the 4th overall guard in the league, he had the highest grade ever given to a rookie guard by PFF, at plus 22.8, since it's rankings first appeared in 2008. He played every offensive snap and he didn't allow a sack.

Warford said last month he planned to spend the early part of the off-season in Arizona training with O-Line guru LaCharles Bentley, who he worked out with while preparing for last years draft.

The goal, Warford said, is to improve his flexibility and body composition.

"It's going to be so much easier", Warford said. "I was really worried about, am I going to be good enough and am I going to be strong enough or whatever. I was really worried about that last year. After testing the waters and testing my mettle against people, I feel comfortable going into this off-season that I know what I need to focus on this time, for sure". (by FREEP Writer Dave Birkett)

DE Ansah and punter Sam Martin both made PFF all-rookie team.

I wonder when Stafford will seek out a Guru to help him improve at his position ?

His rookie O-Lineman has no problem trying to improve.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think PFF is run by Lions fans. First Ravioli best C in NFL history now this? Warford was a great draft pick but he wasn't offensive rookie of the year c'mon now lol.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a relief. People were calling him a bust when he didn't start the first preseason game...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's what BigLar's bein' doin'..... Way to be big fella, way to be. :suds: (Mike Thomas is gonna kill me one of these days.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to think PFF is run by Lions fans. First Ravioli best C in NFL history now this? Warford was a great draft pick but he wasn't offensive rookie of the year c'mon now lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________
I'm sure RB Eddie Lacy or WR Keenan Allen will receive the "NFL's Off. ROY".. Nobody ever stated Raiola was the best Center but ya got to admit having Warford next to him versus Petersuck's (Peterman) has made his job easier....................... just sayin'

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are other fan bases this hard on all of their players?

An independent analytics site rates our players near the top of their position group (Raiola 2nd, Warford 4th) and now apparently that site is bogus because they said a pair of Lions players were some of the best in the game this year?

I think I'm starting to understand why I met so much resistance when I suggested that our O-line might have been the best in the league this season. There seems to be a "our season sucked, so therefore all of our players equally suck" mentality going on right now.

We can (and do) have good players and still have a shitty season. There's a reason our former head coach lost his job. Let's not forget he posted the worst 5 year winning percentage of any coach since the NFL/AFL merger. So, basically, no coach in the Super Bowl era has been as bad at his job, yet kept it so long, as Schwartz did. He wasn't just bad, he was historically bad. Worst 10 ever kind of bad...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are other fan bases this hard on all of their players?

An independent analytics site rates our players near the top of their position group (Raiola 2nd, Warford 4th) and now apparently that site is bogus because they said a pair of Lions players were some of the best in the game this year?

I think I'm starting to understand why I met so much resistance when I suggested that our O-line might have been the best in the league this season. There seems to be a "our season sucked, so therefore all of our players equally suck" mentality going on right now.

We can (and do) have good players and still have a shitty season. There's a reason our former head coach lost his job. Let's not forget he posted the worst 5 year winning percentage of any coach since the NFL/AFL merger. So, basically, no coach in the Super Bowl era has been as bad at his job, yet kept it so long, as Schwartz did. He wasn't just bad, he was historically bad. Worst 10 ever kind of bad...

There you go making sense, Just don't fuck it up by saying something dumb tommorrow.

Talent isn't the problem on this team, coaching is.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it has to do with the Detroit fans having the type of mentality you talk about. Most have no problem admitting the Lions have a couple players who can be considered the best at their respective positions, in Suh and Calvin Johnson. Saying the Lions OL was arguably the best in the NFL this year, would be saying they were arguably the best last year too, as they had almost identical numbers (actually 2012's team had a better YPC average with LeShoure having the bulk of the carries).

The Lions line is vastly improved, because they have some young pieces in place who will have a few years to grow together and get even better. Warford was a tremendous pick by the Lions. Reiff played much better than I thought he would in his 1st year at LT. I think the whole pass to sack ratio is great, but it has a lot to do with Stafford -- the same way whoever Peyton Manning plays for ranks at the top of the pass to sack ratio. Some QBs will get rid of the ball to avoid a sack, some will try and extend the play, some will just eat the ball and take the sack instead of forcing a throw and possibly turning the ball over. Stafford falls into the "get rid of the ball to avoid a sack" category.

Detroit has many pieces in place -- they just need a coach who can make the team believe in themselves and get out of their own way. It isn't as if Detroit was beaten by teams, as much as it was the Lions beating themselves.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Detroit has the talent to compete with anyone. They just need to get over the hump and find a coach who will make them believe in themselves. While they do need to improve in some areas, they have the necessary pieces to make a run in the playoffs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go making sense, Just don't fuck it up by saying something dumb tommorrow.

It might not be the only problem, but it's still a problem. Not a problem at Right Gaurd though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ranks Kickalicious top Norwegian K free agent sheeit!!!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ranks Dom Raviola no.1 overall in nerd bashing

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ranks RobBase #1 for Detroit Lions pessimsitic fan!!

Idk 'bout that, lol. He's actually far from it, imo, because I see him post plenty of positive comments... far more than he post any negative ones.

There's at least a few on here who only post negative thoughts, I'd name them, but we all have a pretty good sense of who they are...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk 'bout that, lol. He's actually far from it, imo, because I see him post plenty of positive comments... far more than he post any negative ones.

There's at least a few on here who only post negative thoughts, I'd name them, but we all have a pretty good sense of who they are...

PFF ranks Tpaul #1 at not being able to see sarcasm when he see its.

So it is negative again. Fuck, here I thought we all came to conclusion it was being a realist?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck sakes.

Every single human being believes they are a realist. Perceptions differ.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF ranks 555 no.1 reply 2013

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you asshole!!

:lol:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that was more towards GVSU and Trustme... His kryptonite to being the smartest guy on here.

Of course that is from his thought process. Not mine. These boards would blow if everyone always agreed on every topic. Not to mention the demands on Kool-aid and cornbread would be way up!!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that was more towards GVSU and Trustme... His kryptonite to being the smartest guy on here.

Of course that is from his thought process. Not mine. These boards would blow if everyone always agreed on every topic. Not to mention the demands on Kool-aid and cornbread would be way up!!

:agree: