• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Want to be the head coach at Oregon St? Rick Neuheisel does. . .

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kely isn't settling for OSU.....no fucking way.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have SportsHoopla cash that says Kelly isn't the next OSU coach.

Any takers?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skippy likes double penetration?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RN is your next head coach.

Deal with it.

I don't think he would be a bad choice, but he would need to do a better job hiring assistants.

I kind of see him as a poor man's Pete Carroll. I always saw Pete as a great recruiter, great motivator, great with boosters and average coach. He did a great job of hiring really good assistants and letting them do their jobs.

Neuheisel would do really well in recruiting, but he'd need to make sure he hired good assistants to develop them.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he would be a bad choice, but he would need to do a better job hiring assistants.

I kind of see him as a poor man's Pete Carroll. I always saw Pete as a great recruiter, great motivator, great with boosters and average coach. He did a great job of hiring really good assistants and letting them do their jobs.

Neuheisel would do really well in recruiting, but he'd need to make sure he hired good assistants to develop them.

I agree. A little surprised he has been out of coaching this long......

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. A little surprised he has been out of coaching this long......
He does carry some baggage, but his overall body of work is for sure worthy of a mid level P5 at the very least. He's great with boosters and handling the media. He's a great motivator and solid recruiter.

I went to a lot of the booster and media events when he was with the Huskies. My company was a major sponsor and we had a lot of behind the scenes access. He's the same guy you see on TV and pressers in his practice and when the cameras aren't on. Carroll lite as TF12 put it is probably apt. He would stop and chat with anyone. Just loves the game and loves working with the kids.

My major knock on him was the lack of discipline overall. He was too much of a players coach in many ways. But outside of that he had a lot of upside. Maybe he's learned from that and can be tougher now when needed? Who knows. That's the one thing that held him back IMO.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio today something about Les Miles being interested in the Oregon St job. Has anyone heard this?