• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Waiting on Julius Randle??

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Triple Double Machine is going to wake up? I want to call him TDM but i worry about his disposition sometimes. He seems lackadaisical and uninterested into taking the game into his own hands. Maybe i should call him LO instead? God i hope not. No disrespect to LO, he was marvelous in the run the Lakers made late 2000's, but we need more when in rebuilding mode. When DeAngelo went down i thought he would step up his game. He really looked lackluster in those games. Now that the Doctor (DR) is back i noticeably watched him play better. Its a lot easier with a passer like that huh? As far as elite PF go he has a long way. But i wonder, does he really have it in him?? We need to watch him improve this season and so far he looks about the same but with a better FG percentage. Hell Larrys jumper looks far more improved then his this season. Hes playing more, so i expect more. I think we all do. Im more worried about his mentality than anything else.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Triple Double Machine is going to wake up? I want to call him TDM but i worry about his disposition sometimes. He seems lackadaisical and uninterested into taking the game into his own hands. Maybe i should call him LO instead? God i hope not. No disrespect to LO, he was marvelous in the run the Lakers made late 2000's, but we need more when in rebuilding mode. When DeAngelo went down i thought he would step up his game. He really looked lackluster in those games. Now that the Doctor (DR) is back i noticeably watched him play better. Its a lot easier with a passer like that huh? As far as elite PF go he has a long way. But i wonder, does he really have it in him?? We need to watch him improve this season and so far he looks about the same but with a better FG percentage. Hell Larrys jumper looks far more improved then his this season. Hes playing more, so i expect more. I think we all do. Im more worried about his mentality than anything else.
There is a curve growing up. How many of us were mature adults at his age? That may sound like an excuse, but it is the reason that the NBA changed it so they had to go to college for one year first.

That being said, I think the Lakers will need the rest of this season to become a contender in the playoffs. I thought that before the season started and I don't think anyone expected much more than 30 wins. The Lakers have 11 wins and need 4 more wins in the next 20 games to be on line with that expectation, so I think we are getting more than what we expected.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting that Julius Randle can develop into a player capable of routine triple doubles is a ridiculously high set of expectations

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting that Julius Randle can develop into a player capable of routine triple doubles is a ridiculously high set of expectations

I think he's capable of putting up 20-10-5 on a nighty basis. Just says how highly we think of him. He really needs to get that right hand working and develop a mid-range jumper. Nance is looking like he could end up being better than Randle if Randle doesn't work on his weaknesses.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a double double each night is reasonable, but yeah, triple doubles would really be difficult and for any elite player.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a double double each night is reasonable, but yeah, triple doubles would really be difficult and for any elite player.

I think that was intended to be exaggerated. He's clearly a capable passer.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your wife agree with this - or does she call B.S. on you?:lol: Be honest now:lol:

Let me put it this way. My wife doesn't know I posted that. If she did, she'd be laughing her ass off.

What you get to try and figure out is...

would she be laughing at me? Or at you guys?

:dhd:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was intended to be exaggerated. He's clearly a capable passer.
Oh I think he is headed for a great career and even if his long term career is not like that of Kobe Bryant - the more important part is that we now have players good enough to compete in the playoffs and use for trades and signing other big star players. As much as I would love to see this team become the next championship team, I think changes are inevitable and to be extended. Even the Warriors made changes every year before winning. It's part of the business. Even when Kobe was demanding a trade, I told others that were panic stricken that Kobe was not bigger than the Lakers - It's the other way around

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put it this way. My wife doesn't know I posted that. If she did, she'd be laughing her ass off.

What you get to try and figure out is...

would she be laughing at me? Or at you guys?

:dhd:
Well, that's pretty easy to figure out since I have never seen a woman that believed her husband was mature:pound:My dad used to say he didn't grow up til he was 55, and my mother used to say that was b.s. because he never did that:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way @trojanfan12 - I think the Lakers are on the move upwards and the Lakers fans can expect happier times. The journey is fun watching now

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't fun spending $190 just for the Christmas dinner though - Damn when did food get to be so high. I think I see why eating out is cheaper(not healthier though)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way @trojanfan12 - I think the Lakers are on the move upwards and the Lakers fans can expect happier times. The journey is fun watching now

I'm really getting a kick out of watching these kids develop. Obviously, I'd love for the Lakers to be contenders. But in 46 years as a Lakers fan, I've never seen them rebuild the team from the ground up. It's kind of fun.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really getting a kick out of watching these kids develop. Obviously, I'd love for the Lakers to be contenders. But in 46 years as a Lakers fan, I've never seen them rebuild the team from the ground up. It's kind of fun.
That was a really nice start, but we both knew that wouldn't last and they would come down to earth. I still love what they did though and they are only 3 games out of 20 to reach that 30 games win goal. I still say the Lakers are ahead of schedule and from how things are going, I think the Buss family will be able to spin this to save Jim Buss' ass from being canned and under the circumstances, I think that's fair to let him stay. He's an owner way and while he just do something else in the company, Jeannie is not about to do everything without input from the rest of the family. That's just a family business operates. 30 wins equals some nice free agents. 40 wins means we might not need as much and I think we will end up between 30 and 40. I don't expect us to hit 40 though

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really nice start, but we both knew that wouldn't last and they would come down to earth. I still love what they did though and they are only 3 games out of 20 to reach that 30 games win goal. I still say the Lakers are ahead of schedule and from how things are going, I think the Buss family will be able to spin this to save Jim Buss' ass from being canned and under the circumstances, I think that's fair to let him stay. He's an owner way and while he just do something else in the company, Jeannie is not about to do everything without input from the rest of the family. That's just a family business operates. 30 wins equals some nice free agents. 40 wins means we might not need as much and I think we will end up between 30 and 40. I don't expect us to hit 40 though

Yeah, anything above 35 is very, very unlikely, imo. I think 30 is very doable and 35 is possible, but not probable.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, anything above 35 is very, very unlikely, imo. I think 30 is very doable and 35 is possible, but not probable.
That will depend on how many wins they actually get by the 42 games. If they need 4 four wins minimum but anything over four more wins is going to be cushion going down the stretch and don't forget that right now they most likely have been losing because of injuries. Get everyone healthy and who knows what happens

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will depend on how many wins they actually get by the 42 games. If they need 4 four wins minimum but anything over four more wins is going to be cushion going down the stretch and don't forget that right now they most likely have been losing because of injuries. Get everyone healthy and who knows what happens

Getting everyone healthy will certainly help, but it's still not going to get them over 35 wins, imo. Remember, during the first 20 games, they were catching teams off guard. No one had any video on this team. That gave them an advantage.

Now, everyone has video on them and know that this Lakers team isn't laying down for anyone and they actually have to beat them. That is going to make things much tougher for them.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting everyone healthy will certainly help, but it's still not going to get them over 35 wins, imo. Remember, during the first 20 games, they were catching teams off guard. No one had any video on this team. That gave them an advantage.

Now, everyone has video on them and know that this Lakers team isn't laying down for anyone and they actually have to beat them. That is going to make things much tougher for them.
Kind of makes you remember the first few times your kids were slick and pulled a few things on you, then you caught on and were ready for their games:lol:, but yeah - I was thinking that myself. It really is tough though to play with the type of intensity they were playing for all 82 games. It's a long marathon

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not here to shit on Julius. I just want more from him. I dont think any of us can look at him and not expect more. When i seen him at his best, he just needs to step it up. In this losing streak i tried to give him an out but i just couldnt. I dont expect triple doubles, but hes damn capable. So i just wonder if he wants it bad enough. I just dont see it and it has disappointed me. But in fairness, i did want to give him the season. So we shall see.