• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W3: Hopefully a chance for Redemption at the Vikings 4:30/1:30 FOX

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Vikings first home game this season right? I think so and they are 0-2 on the road, this is going to be a tough TOUGH game to win. Hawks are going to have to play top notch ball. No way the Vikings want to start 0-3 and this is their season home opener so I expect them to play some of their best football yet. They were competitive in all the games both on the road and both were the opposing teams "home openers". Seahawks couldn't protect their home but I think the Vikings can. We will see, it's not like that team doesn't have talent.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like Cook isn't playing for the Vikes so I like Seattle in this one but I could make a strong case for the Vikes as well so I don't expect an easy game for either team.

Vikes are in a must win situation, they do have plenty of weapons outside of Cook, and so far the Seahawks offense just hasn't been sharp. They gotten big plays, and have flashes, but from what I've seen so far they are far from a methodical well oiled machine on offense as of right now. And Snell is out at RT which could potentially be an issue.

But without Cook and the threat of the run that seriously hampers what the Vikings want to do on offense and now the Seahawks D can put a little more attention to defending the pass than worrying about Cook.

And while the Vikes are in a must win situation the Seahawks are pretty close to one as well depending on how the rest of the NFC West does. Losing back to back games you should win would seriously impact the odd of winning the division especially if all of the NFC West wins again. The Cardinals play the Jags so they'll at least go 3-0, Rams play the Bucs which could go either way, and the 9ers play the Packers another game that could swing either way.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"so far the Seahawks offense just hasn't been sharp. They gotten big plays, and have flashes, but from what I've seen so far they are far from a methodical well oiled machine on offense as of right now."
Again, a reasonable and coherent post but it spreads a little misinformation.

The Seahawks' offense sputtered in the 2nd half last week. They looked good on the 1st half. They were as "sharp" as a razor" in week 1.
Wilson, who admitably was ineffective in said 2nd half last week, still is leading the league in yards per attempt (11.1), passer rating (146.9, which is a whole 15.5 above the next closest Mahomes). He is hitting 74.1% of his passes, and has 6 TDs vs 0 INTs.

While this admittedly does not emphatically mean the offense is a "well oiled machine", it does show that things are not nearly as bad as you seem to indicate. Some adjustments, like ensuring the TEs are involved in the game, and getting Russ to use his feet when the situation calls for it would certainly help. We will have to see if Waldron can come up with a solid game plan (another "point" I take issue with is your claim that Russ, PC, and Waldron are all incompatible, of which there is little evidence to support beyond speculation at this point).

I am far more concerned with the D than I am the O at this point.

We will see.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures to be a similar game to last week.... Russell will probably be able to throw all day on the Vikings putrid secondary, but Cousins will be able to do the same damn thing. Seattle's OL is a little better than the Vikings.... but not by much.

End of day, I expect a similar result to last week, hopefully this time it's a win... but Ken Norton's pathetic defense will be annihilated again.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures to be a similar game to last week.... Russell will probably be able to throw all day on the Vikings putrid secondary, but Cousins will be able to do the same damn thing. Seattle's OL is a little better than the Vikings.... but not by much.

End of day, I expect a similar result to last week, hopefully this time it's a win... but Ken Norton's pathetic defense will be annihilated again.
*Alton Robinson has by far the best pressure and sack numbers on the DL, but only played 8 snaps last week.
*Despite promising to use Adams in different ways to be effective, so far they have used him as a pass rusher less than half of what they did last year.

The CB situation remains questionable at best. You need consistent quick pressure to cover that deficiency. Maybe Sidney Jones will start getting snaps?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook being dinged up is a plus for the Seahawks but those WRs are likely to get a lot of work and that is a going to be hard on a iffy secondary. Tough game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let off my reverse jinx a little too early last week... I'm sorry Hawks fans........... :L

I'm not making the same mistake this week.

Seattle will lose. Ken Norton will fail his gameplan, DK is gonna go full dork mode, RW will misfire, and our defense will go full abomination mode and allow the Vikes to score 35+ on us.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord took me forever to find a stream, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, HERE!?!??!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, Wilson checked down? A week too late

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time they sound that horn it sounds like they are trying to do the brown note.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK making a presence early in this game.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit DK you just did Peterson dirty

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is checking down, throwing it away? Wtf

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang I thought DK was gonna break it there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the daily show boom GIF