• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT Basketball wk14: @Miami , @ NC State

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games on the road this week

2/8 VT @ Miami at 7pmEST (check local listings)

2/21 VT @ NC State at 6pmEST (ESPN2)

We're coming off a really poor performance against Clemson and will look to rebound against Miami. Out of the two games this week, Da U is our best bet for a win. They started the season off looking pretty good but have struggled over the last month and are just 6-6 in conference play. And we also might be catching them at a good time considering a snow storm forced them to play their game at BC on Monday instead of Sunday and that game went to 2 overtimes. So its possible Miami might have tired legs.

NC State has looked pretty decent this year and are currently a bubble tournament team. They play UNC 3 days after us so maybe they'll overlook us while hunting for that resume builder against the Heels? :noidea:

Honestly, we'll probably lose both games. We're terrible on the road. But if I had to pick one win, it'd be Miami. Either way, I expect the team to play better than their last outing. You know Buzz laid into them after that Clemson effort.

Also something to keep an eye on is Justin Bibbs. Since coming back from his concussion, he has not played well. He might still have lingering effects or has just hit the freshman wall.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A struggle for both teams in the first half with neither team shooting all that well. We were down 3 at the half but Miami has jumped out to a quick start in the 2nd and are up 9 now, 39-30 with 15 left in the half. The effort has certainly been better though so that's a plus. Bibbs is still struggling quite a bit however :(

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd did this get ugly quick. 9 mins left and we're down 19. We can't score at all. So much for Miami's tired legs

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76-52 Miami win. I got nothing...

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bibbs and Smith are keeping us in the game. 17 out of 22 pts. It would be nice if there was someone elseas consistent.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We started pretty poorly and were totally stagnant offensively, just content to pass the ball around the perimeter. Then Bibbs and Smith were able to get some shots going off the dribble and we managed to cut a double digit lead to 7 at the half. At the start of the 2nd half, we played pretty well and got the lead down to 3 but then the wheels fell of. NC State made every damn 3 they threw up and the lead was up to 20 after two blinks. Final score 79-63 Pack win.

The open 3s by State just killed us. They just kept cross court swinging the ball, the defense was too late rotating, and they canned an easy shot. I know we're throwing a lot of bodies into the paint to make up for the lack of size but the guys on the weakside might not need to collapse in that much so we don't give up those swing looks. Or at least play Pierce more. He didn't play at all today. I know he'll probably pick up 3 fouls in 2 minutes but its better than Johnston at center. Might as well have Pierce learn the hard way. Oh well. At least Bibbs looked to be back in good form.