• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: VT at Puke, Durham NC, 12P, ACC Network

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a bad knee injury for Marshawn. Really sux for him. When is Edmunds supposed to be back?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because we're not allowed to count two FCS schools for bowl eligibility. :lol:

William and Mary is the only FCS team we played.

Great win today, it wasn't pretty but I'll take it. JC redeemed himself in a big way and played well. Defense as usual played very well after the 1st quarter. Some balls and a little luck finally bounced our way.

Listened to the post game interviews. Sounds like the fake punt was a MAJOR miscommunication. I think what Beamer said and what Dinardi called were two different things. Beams vowed that would never ever happen again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know JC played very well today. He ran hard and was decisive in his cuts to get up field. That was the best he's looked in 2 years. I definitely don't have a problem with him getting carries if he's running like that as opposed to what we've seen lately.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8ySjtb4.gif

tumblr_msgn7z0Crs1qm25w8o1_400.gif

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. What a game. Where are my heart pills?

They seriously play pretty werewolf. As in completely unpredictable from play to play. There's a lot of talent there, but it's all completely inconsistent.

Luckily, it threw Duke off balance so badly that their usual consistency wasn't there either.

That said, it was about time VT won one of these close ones. I still don't understand that fake punt, though. Seriously, WTF?

Glad the defense showed up in spades this time.

It was a miscommunication with DiNardo and should not have been a fake.

All things considered, it's becoming pretty clear. We need a new QB, new OL, and a coaching change.

Glad the D was able to stick it out and get the W though. Aside from the first two drives, they played really well.

I thought the OL played well in the running game for the most part. Some lapses in the passing game. The play calling was pretty good. We ran the ball, took shots down field, and were aggressive. Not sure what else we could want.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a miscommunication with DiNardo and should not have been a fake.

I thought the OL played well in the running game for the most part. Some lapses in the passing game. The play calling was pretty good. We ran the ball, took shots down field, and were aggressive. Not sure what else we could want.

Seemed like most of JC's successful runs were to the left side... for obvious reasons. I think Brewer needs to give Ford some more looks even when covered... I've seen too many incredible catches out of him. The hitch routes are nice, but Ford needs more balls thrown his way down field.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We gave up 7 sacks to a team that only had 15 on the year coming into the game. Be it shitty OL play, or a QB that holds the ball too long, neither was good yesterday.

Also, our 'looks down field' were Brewer just throwing moon balls, often into double coverage, and praying. I can't think of a single good throw down the field aside from the Bucky TD, that wasn't just a great play by a WR.