• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller: "I lost the game"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller: 'I killed the game today' with penalty

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Von Miller has had plenty of days when he's helped lift the Denver Broncos to a win, but Sunday he quickly took the Broncos' rather homely 26-16 loss to the Buffalo Bills and put it squarely on his own shoulders.

Miller's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty kept a fourth-quarter Bills' drive going -- the Broncos would have forced a punt without the penalty -- and 10 plays later the Bills kicked a field goal that made their seven-point lead a 10-point lead with just over three minutes remaining in the game.

"I can't put my team in situations like that,'' Miller said. "... I've got to be smarter than that. I'm always on the rookies and the young guys about being smart, doing this, doing that. And in a crucial situation in the game -- I've just got to be better than that ... I killed the game today with that play. I've just got to be better than that.''

Taylor's throw fell incomplete and the Broncos appeared to have forced a punt in what was still going to be a one-possession game.

Miller, who said he and Taylor had been "laughing and joking" all game, then offered Taylor his hand to help him before he quickly pulled it away. As soon as the linebacker pulled his hand away, referee Carl Cheffers threw the flag.

"I didn't see it, but how [the officials] explained it to me, I guess Von gave him a hand to help the guy up and he moved the hand away,'' said Broncos coach Vance Joseph. "He called it, so I guess that's what he thought it was. It's pro football, but he called it.''

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it did appear that Miller was joking around with Taylor when he pulled his hand away though

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts??

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think he lost it either... Stupid play (again looked like he was joking around) but then again I can see why it was flagged... Shouldn't have been but that's why

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak call. Good on Von taking it like a man though.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a really lame call. Both guys were laughing and joking and it was so obviously in good fun. Even Taylor said so after the game. I give credit to Miller for owning it though. The ref really needs to view the whole situation and understand what's going on but what's done is done.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing I said. Weak call. I get it. I totally understand why it was called, but it was weak. I also love that Von owned up to it. I wouldn't say he lost the game for us, but it did put us in a bad spot.