• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech - Club 216 Trash Talk Thread

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't fret that blog post. It's poorly prepared and designed to promote a preconceived agenda. Example: "as far as the Directors Cup is concerned, the expansion did nothing to bolster the conference's overall athletics profile... the consecutive Boston College - Virginia Tech football championships could already tell you that." The ACC-CG obviously has nothing to do with the analysis.

The blog is another bitch-fest about the good ole days. The extra VT related venom is a clear indicator of excessive butt hurt. I personally get a kick out of that. The expansion wasn't about the Director's Cup and the ACC wouldn't even exist now without expansion then. That's accepted by virtually everyone now.

The blogger does not provide the old guard ACC members in the year-by-year DC analysis. If the data was complete you'd plainly see a few old guard members sinking. UNC, Duke, FSU, and UVa (although they're in a mini-down turn right now) support and excel at the DC system of scoring athletic departments, while other members have different priorities. Look no further than Louisville's accomplishments with the BCS, Final Four, Women's Final Four, and the College World Series. They're behind programs like Tennessee, Auburn, NC State, and us in the rankings. Kudos to us, but Louisville tore it up like no program ever has. Simply, it's not a good metric for overall athletic excellence.

Speaking specifically of Tech, we've passed and are building over the top of the ACC pack, by the DC metric and virtually any other. Note the ACC championships and winning percentages over that time period also show Virginia Tech is progressing through the pack of our ACC peers. It's been a fine mix of sustained program building and surges, which is tough to accomplish in a conference where the same teams tend to win specific sports virtually every year, relatively unchallenged. Only two peers have more ACC championships this past year, and that's no fluke. Even some here would be surprised at just how competitive Tech has been in the ACC.

Go Hokies!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3:

2.12p-cup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems odd to leave out Kam Chancellor under their 'notables,' seeing that he's an all-pro guy

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Brandon Flowers for that matter.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In recent memory, (outside of 'Bama and LSU), VT may not be not #1, but I would put them in the same conversation of the others on that list. I am a bit surprised Michigan isn't higher, though they haven't had the 1st rounders lately that they had in the late 90's/early 00's.

Exum, Fuller, and Jarrett will likely be the next to join the long line of DB/VT greats to be drafted.

UVa has only had 7 DBs drafted in the last 20 years, only 1 that amounted to shit (Ronde Barber, who I admit is an all time great, better than any of VTs NFLers). The only one on their roster now with a good shot is Nicholson..with no one else in sight that I can see.

VT has more than doubled that # over the same time period. Plenty in the past (with varied success), plenty in the program right now..and plenty on deck, including the one we just flat stole from CML.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers lost to Fresno State....I'm kinda hoping they have a shitty season so Izzo and Brown realize VT is the better program. UVA losing to BYU would be nice too ;)

Predicting BYU by ten, minimum. Their wideouts are sick, and their D hasn't lost much.

if they get rolling early, 17 point victory for BYU.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU must have stunk it up on O. Gave up a safety? Gave up 2 TD drives of less than 20 yds? The D held UVA to a longest scoring drive of 42 yds and lost? I feel bad for their D the way I feel bad for VT's this week

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a former UVA player... Said he feels that if London doesn't make a bowl game this year, game against us very well could be his last. With TOB then very likely being next HC

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a former UVA player... Said he feels that if London doesn't make a bowl game this year, game against us very well could be his last. With TOB then very likely being next HC

UVA Remaining Schedule:
Oregon L
VMI W
@ Pitt ?
Ball State W
@ Maryland ?
Duke L
GT L
Clemson L
@ UNC L
@ Miami L
VT L

Looks like we'll know London's fate by mid-October if the Hoos don't steal a win at Pitt or Maryland.