• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech Basketball Week 8: Dec. 24 - Dec. 30, @Brigham Young

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, pull Rankin's scholarship next year. It amazes me how he can play so many minutes yet make virtually no positive impact on the game. You'd think he could accidentally walk under a loose ball for a rebound or pick up a random assist. Nope.
Rankin is pretty good on defense in a way that won't show up on the box score (not a lot of steals.) Its true that on offense he isn't much more than a ball handler/spot up shooter. He doesn't really make many plays or make a lot of passes.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the rest of the team sucks on defense, what does it matter that we have one guy that can kinda sorta stay in front of his man? It's not that he's locking guys down, it just looks like he's decent because he's the only one giving any kind of effort on that end of the floor. His total impact doesn't warrant a scholarship. Use it for a recruit or give it to Beyer

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The wheels have fallen off here, but I'm not too discouraged. This was a transition year from the start, and the highs and lows are gonna be extreme. The Hokies look like a different team now than during the winning streak. They'll probably look like that winning team again for a few games (although February could get brutal). Depth is hurting but smart play is lacking too. Playing smarter will make all the difference, especially if shots start falling easier again.

I missed acouple games, and couldn't bare to finish watching the BYU game. I hope we at least get back into contention against Maryland. The ACC will beat us up badly if we don't change things real quick. Here's hoping something clicks.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: