• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got injured his first game of his senior season if I'm not mistaken, so by now he should be ready. Btw Harris wants to be 220 before his season starts.

It was a pretty bad injury. Brent Benedict got injured 2 or 3 years ago and is still :sick:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty bad injury. Brent Benedict got injured 2 or 3 years ago and is still :sick:

I imagine Benedict's knee looked like a damn nuclear bomb went off in it after his injury. I haven't heard anything that would suggest Harris' knee took that kind of punishment. I thought it was just an ACL/Meniscus like Ekanem's....I could be mistaken though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up where everyone left off with the Green conversation...

wish one of my #hokie fans created me on #NCAA13 that would be fye
C_Reavis11

Any takers?

First of all I don't know what this is doing in the commitment thread because Green is certainly not committed to us. Second for all that power he doesn't run over people in his highlight video. James Wilder Jr...now that is some power running. Green is probably going to Michigan and I don't really care

His problem is aerobic. Lifting weights and short sprints are anaerobic. I don't think he has done anything to "fix" that.

And, regarding his weight, he would benefit by getting down to 215.

So, just put a big X next to that box then?

He can't just be a one trick pony, and expect to be an every down back.

Lets see, we don't expect him to have the cutting ability to run around end. X for that one.

Now, we don't expect him to be a threat at all to catch a relief pass. X for that one.

With stamina being a question, we have a big ? for that box.

If we expect him to pick up blitzes, that will affect his stamina too.

He needs to show the ability to catch the ball coming out of the backfield for many reasons, the most important of which is to force the Defense to play honest.

If VT incorporates any spread schemes, Derricks ass would get splintered, unless/until his hands get softer.

There are always going to be question marks and risks with recruits, but I don't understand why everyone is trying to pick this guy apart like VT has someone else (that is proven) that is hands down better than this guy. FWIW most of these sights list him at 215-220 with better than average speed (4.3-4.5). So what if he doesn't have around the end speed like DW or the visiion of Suggs?? He probably has GOOD (maybe not great) attributes in certain areas (primarily power and downhill running) The best thing we could hope for is to get this guy and have them all battle it out. Assuming that Harris sticks, it would likely be both of them (Harris and Green) battling it out for the starting spot here in a couple years. I think I have heard 46 (or another poster) state that they pay more attention to offer lists vs. rankings (and I agree with that), but the fact that he is ranked highly at the position AND overall by all three of the major recruiting sites (#1 on rivals, #6 on ESPN, and what..#12-13 on 247) and he has 32 offers from big time programs all over the nation (Auburn, USC, OKlahoma, USC, Bama..to name a few) pretty much says it all for me. The biggest thing for me is that he it is a 4-5 star talent IN our backyard and at a recruiting position of strength for us. The last two highly ranked RB's (RW and DW) from VA worked out pretty damned good for us. Getting this guy would not make or break this class (like say Fuller), but he would be as huge as Fuller or Fisher would be IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There are always going to be question marks and risks with recruits, but I don't understand why everyone is trying to pick this guy apart like VT has someone else (that is proven) that is hands down better than this guy. FWIW most of these sights list him at 215-220 with better than average speed (4.3-4.5). So what if he doesn't have around the end speed like DW or the visiion of Suggs?? He probably has GOOD (maybe not great) attributes in certain areas (primarily power and downhill running) The best thing we could hope for is to get this guy and have them all battle it out. Assuming that Harris sticks, it would likely be both of them (Harris and Green) battling it out for the starting spot here in a couple years. I think I have heard 46 (or another poster) state that they pay more attention to offer lists vs. rankings (and I agree with that), but the fact that he is ranked highly at the position AND overall by all three of the major recruiting sites (#1 on rivals, #6 on ESPN, and what..#12-13 on 247) and he has 32 offers from big time programs all over the nation (Auburn, USC, OKlahoma, USC, Bama..to name a few) pretty much says it all for me. The biggest thing for me is that he it is a 4-5 star talent IN our backyard and at a recruiting position of strength for us. The last two highly ranked RB's (RW and DW) from VA worked out pretty damned good for us. Getting this guy would not make or break this class (like say Fuller), but he would be as huge as Fuller or Fisher would be IMO...

I agree with everything except the last sentence. I don't think he's anywhere near as important for us to land as Fuller or as unique a talent as Fisher.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dorian Johnson has decommitted from PSU and VT is in the running for his services. Believe me, if he is truly interested in VT than we will pull all the stops to get him!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be hard to beat Pitt. But he reached out to us before his official decommit so theres genuine interest.

VT_Hokies#5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get too out of hand, but can you imagine how big of a leap this program would take if Johnson came to VT, Fisher got a fifth star to join fuller on top of potentially, realistically landing at least 2 of the 4 five stars were in the running for next year...

You never know once you get a little momentum going.

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorian Johnson has decommitted from PSU and VT is in the running for his services. Believe me, if he is truly interested in VT than we will pull all the stops to get him!

That is great! He would be a huge get!

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get too out of hand, but can you imagine how big of a leap this program would take if Johnson came to VT, Fisher got a fifth star to join fuller on top of potentially, realistically landing at least 2 of the 4 five stars were in the running for next year...

You never know once you get a little momentum going.

Fisher is close, but I don't think anyone has given him a 5th star.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teller

Reading some posts on 247 by some UVa fans, I saw that Teller grew up a Hokie? Is this a true statement?

EGW, what are your thoughts on landing Teller?

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reading some posts on 247 by some UVa fans, I saw that Teller grew up a Hokie? Is this a true statement?

EGW, what are your thoughts on landing Teller?
Teller did in fact grow up a Hokie fan. His recruitment is very odd, it all hinges on his mom visiting VT IMO. The longer he waits the better for VT, but his mom has to get to campus and she has not yet.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news on Johnson. I am sure we are the long shot from that list, but hey. At least we made it on the list. Hope they go after him hard.

Teller did in fact grow up a Hokie fan. His recruitment is very odd, it all hinges on his mom visiting VT IMO. The longer he waits the better for VT, but his mom has to get to campus and she has not yet.

Sounds reasonable to me. I think we have a very realistic shot at him if his recruitment continues to drag out. According to Hoosrise... EVERYONE outside of Blacksburg thinks he is a Hoo all the way. When they go 1-4 to start the season..the CML novelty will hopefully wear off.