• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2013 Recruiting Target List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of RB is Green considered....a power back? I don't see him fitting into the scheme at Clemson or tOSU.

Seems to me that he is a great combination of everything. The total package...an every down kind of back. He is big, strong, fast, a little shifty. We have some good ones on the roster but they are all unproven and some are pretty iffy. While I think Holmes is going to be good and JC is going to be a great situational/scatback kind of guy, I would feel much better about RB for the next few years if we landed this guy. Hopefully being close to home becomes the deciding factor and the fact that we consistently have RB's drafted high in the draft should account for something.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They're both all-purpose backs. Green is bigger. Smoke is definitely more shifty (his footwork is crazy). Speed seems about the same. Either one of them would be a great get .. but obviously Smoke is not coming to Blacksburg.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome if we could land Green. I agree he is 2nd on my list of wants behind Fuller for this year's class.

Are there any more OL we are targeting for this class?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They're both all-purpose backs. Green is bigger. Smoke is definitely more shifty (his footwork is crazy). Speed seems about the same. Either one of them would be a great get .. but obviously Smoke is not coming to Blacksburg.

I don't consider Green an APB. He not a great receiver out of the backfield.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be in the minority but Fuller wasn't even #1 on my list this year. He is the highest rated target but not the most important one by a long shot, IMO.

I agree that he wasn't the most important for this year. I think getting some QBs was the biggest thing and some OL. Of the remaining guys, getting Fuller is now on top to me. A lock down corner is so important especially for our defense.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I may be in the minority but Fuller wasn't even #1 on my list this year. He is the highest rated target but not the most important one by a long shot, IMO.

In terms of team need, you're right. But as far as what it means to the program, Fuller is probably #1. Having a 5 star that may be the best player, let alone the best corner, is a big deal in getting other recruits to notice.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I'd agree with that. Bucky was my #1 and you kinda knew that no matter what we will be ok @ DB.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having him not go to an in-conference rival makes him more important than just position of need

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he wasn't the most important for this year. I think getting some QBs was the biggest thing and some OL. Of the remaining guys, getting Fuller is now on top to me. A lock down corner is so important especially for our defense.

In terms of team need, you're right. But as far as what it means to the program, Fuller is probably #1. Having a 5 star that may be the best player, let alone the best corner, is a big deal in getting other recruits to notice.

I agree about the image thing but I also don't put as much emphasis on that as some people have. The player has to have an impact. I mean, we have landed 5 stars before. A quarterback touches the ball on every offensive play and he two on scholarship. Bucky was the #1 target of importance, and Parker was just icing on the cake!

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ram vs S-10, both will get you where you want to go, one is faster and can zip in and out and the other can plow you over in a second....

I would rather have Green to compliment JC

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Green was in Blacksburg? And does he have any visits planned before the season starts?

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smoke is announcing soon right?? I think that I read somewhere, on August 21st?? UVA, Clemson, WVU, or tOSU likely .. I'd like to see him go to Clemson, just to make our chances with Green better .. but most still think he'll be a Hoo or Eer??

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teller was my #1, and if he were a 2012 recruit we probably would have signed him. He was a strong lean all of last season up through Feb.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hodges was my #1 because if we didn't get a QB we were guaranteed to have at least 1 year of bad QB play. Out of the rest of the guys we had a decent shot at, Teller was my #2

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
my top 5 for the ones left

1.Green
2.Teller
3.Fuller
4.Reid
5.Hamilton

Anything new on Teller btw? Last thing I heard was that he's leaning towards UVA.