• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia Tech 2012 Recruiting Target List

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i look for us to have a good shot with the stadnik boys but i look for homer (uVa) and Humphries (cheater hole or SEC) to head elsewhere.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so too Hunzworth, being from right down 460. Check out the frame, 6'7" and 285. If he can work-out and improve his feet/speed he has some major potential. This is definetely the kindof size that VT needs on the OL. Big cornfed country boys. Just like 46 said, you can't coach 6'6'+300 lbs. I am surprised Devon Johnson from Richlands committed so quickly to The Herd, I believe he is from Big Creek, WV -- so maybe it is his dream school? Things are always subject to change. Win Homer may be a tough get. I think Christchurch is in the Charlottesville area. Need to go hard for the Stadnik twins and Humphries in NC and these other linemen OOS.

I've seen Richlands and Hess is a monster. Granted, when I saw them they weren't playing great opposition, but he certainly stands out on size alone. Word was after the last regular season game he hopped a jet to visit Oregon. Whether that is true or not, I don't know. Also, Richlands' coach is a VT alum.
As for D. Johnson, he's a great athlete, but not sure if he's the kind of guy we'd want. I won't get into specifics, but anyone wanting to PM me and I'll tell you more. But yes, he did commit to Marshall.
As far as Motley, I've also seen him play. Granted, I'm not a coach or a great evaluator of high school talent. He's a heck of an athlete, but just my opinion, I'd think we would be looking at him more as an athlete than a QB. Again, that's just my opinion.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right about Homer and Humphries hunz. I would have to think at some point that UVA and UNC would have a bit of a drop-off on OLine recruiting (maybe for the next year or two). They have recruited VERY well there in the last few years (especially UNC) and although their depth is great there, I can't imagine Humphries or Stadniks would want to go there to ride the pine behind Holts, Turner, James, Hurst and others for the next 3 years. Same with Homer behind Aboushi, Moses, Whitmire and others. I'm sure everyone would get their opportunity to win the job but how many 4-5 star linemen want to sit for a 2 or 3? I have heard the same about Motley poop. I believe he is a good basketball player as well. Not sure he is a pure QB, maybe more of a WR or S/LB prospect. He may get a shot there but don't think he will get the nod unless he steps his game up there. He will likely be a Hokie.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that just yet poop. Read an article that said two of the VT coaches (didn't say exactly whom) went to Chesapeake and met with Coleman and his coach and hand delivered the offer. Maybe whatever hatchet that exists there can be buried. Plus with the lack of depth at RB and the possibility of him playing early, he has to take a serious look at VT. As far as the linebackers not really sure who would be consdiered a lean or not. I am sure DVD is a very good possibility to be a Hokie. Eli Harold (who contrary to the site, I believe is more of a DE/LB prospect) has already moved Florida to the top of the list, will be tough to beat them. Think we should try to make a strong push for a couple of the other ones (Ekanem, Moore)

i saw on the local news, or read in the paper not long ago that Beamer was in Chesapeake for recruiting...didnt mention who he was visiting

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win Homer may be a tough get. I think Christchurch is in the Charlottesville area.

Christchurch is on the middle peninsula, not near charlottesville at all. I think we have a good shot at Homer. He liked his visit to Tech this year a lot.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christchurch is on the middle peninsula, not near charlottesville at all. I think we have a good shot at Homer. He liked his visit to Tech this year a lot.

Welcome to the board!!!! Go Hokies!!! Where ya from? When were you at tech!!! It is always great to have new people around!!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sweet, another Hokie. Welcome Aboard!!!

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board!!!! Go Hokies!!! Where ya from? When were you at tech!!! It is always great to have new people around!!

thanks, been reading this board a while. i graduated from tech in may of '09 and i am from williamsburg, Va

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

welcome.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been four days since our last verbal. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR COACHING STAFF?:mad:;):D

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been four days since our last verbal. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR COACHING STAFF?:mad:;):D

Damn you MIKE O'CAIN!!!!!

I kid, I kid.

I would expect a couple of potential verbals (Kirvern...cough cough....Day maybe....) to come on our junior day, which is Feb. 26. They scheduled it well ahead of SATs and proms and the such this season. In addition, they scheduled it on the day that College gameday will be there for the Duke game. I believe that they can give tickets to that game to the kids as well, by some stipulation, so, you know......go and be loud.

It would be wonderful if we could get Joel Caleb to commit then. he is the top recruit in Virginia this year, a huge Hokie fan and would be nice to reel in early so that he could recruit for us like McCray and Dew have done in the past.

I will try and get some info on who will be the junior day and post it on the main post in this thread....

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I kid, I kid.

I would expect a couple of potential verbals (Kirvern...cough cough....Day maybe....) to come on our junior day, which is Feb. 26. They scheduled it well ahead of SATs and proms and the such this season. In addition, they scheduled it on the day that College gameday will be there for the Duke game. I believe that they can give tickets to that game to the kids as well, by some stipulation, so, you know......go and be loud.

It would be wonderful if we could get Joel Caleb to commit then. he is the top recruit in Virginia this year, a huge Hokie fan and would be nice to reel in early so that he could recruit for us like McCray and Dew have done in the past.

I will try and get some info on who will be the junior day and post it on the main post in this thread....

I don't see why that would be a problem, other recruits get free tickets to the football games.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kid, I kid.

Keep us informed 46. Caleb would be a great get as he is really the only totally kick-ass skill player that I see coming out of VA this year. Kirven and Day would be big on the D-Line for depth in a couple years.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position is Caleb projected to play? And don't forget Bruce Smith's son on the DL, Sparks. That's one kid we HAVE to get.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What position is Caleb projected to play? And don't forget Bruce Smith's son on the DL, Sparks. That's one kid we HAVE to get.

I would say that he projects as a free safety, all the way. he may get some look on O, but from his film, he is a great offensive talent, and an unearthly defensive talent.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man, Bruce is a hokie forever..his son should be a lock if he is offered (I'm sure he will be??). He isn't getting too much hype is he?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I havnt watched any video of Alston but most think he is a solid D1 recruit and im sure being that Bruce has always been a big part of VT ($ and otherwise) that Alston will get an offer. Honestly even if he was considered a FCS or lower prospect i'd bet VT would make an offer. Luckily he's 6'3" 265 and has a motor, you never know mike gentry and charlie wiles may turn him into a beast. :->

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havnt watched any video of Alston but most think he is a solid D1 recruit and im sure being that Bruce has always been a big part of VT ($ and otherwise) that Alston will get an offer. Honestly even if he was considered a FCS or lower prospect i'd bet VT would make an offer. Luckily he's 6'3" 265 and has a motor, you never know mike gentry and charlie wiles may turn him into a beast. :->

Definetely hunzworth. Bruce's boy gets an offer on genetics alone:D....Just think of where the basketball program could be if Greenburg would've given the Curry boys a scholie:L.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new rivals 250 watch list is out. I know that Manning is on it. I am sure a bunch of the guys we ordered are on it too (Diggs, Caleb, Harold etc...). I will post a list of our offers on the list tomorrow or friday sometime, unless someone else wants to go through it. My girl is leaving for sub-saharan Africa on Friday (research) and will be gone for three weeks so I am spending as much time with her as I can for the next couple days.

Peace out hokieeeeees!

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what I saw or remember on the 250:

Conney
Diggs
W. Brown
Caleb
Brown
Cayleb Jones
Cyrus Jones