• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince marrow UK recruiting

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand why people are complaining about the "golf coach" when he is the position coach for probably our most consistent unit on our team. Not to mention our WRs sucked before he got here.....y'all are honestly complaining about the only coach that has actually "coached up" (something yall say no one on this staff can do) his unit

he must be at least a half decent coach cause our WRs are kick ass

I like fish he can actually coach up his unit and now has a ferocious lineup from big q bell turner Jordan Alonzo. Best WR corp in the big ten is at Nebraska.

Now that cotton guy..... Not so much

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand why people are complaining about the "golf coach" when he is the position coach for probably our most consistent unit on our team. Not to mention our WRs sucked before he got here.....y'all are honestly complaining about the only coach that has actually "coached up" (something yall say no one on this staff can do) his unit

he must be at least a half decent coach cause our WRs are kick ass

not people... one person. And that one person obviously doesn't know much about football, or coaching.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the golf coach has college experience. Last seen in Moscow, ID in 2005. We picked him from a high school program!!!! To NEBRASKA!!!!! JP is DC in title only because we all know who runs the defense. Does the rest of the country know that? Kaz and TJ have been great hires in my opinion but Bo is loyal to a fault with his "buddies". Look at how long Watson stayed and only left because he found another gig. As for Beck having the best offense in the B1G, it's the B1G, offenses are not great in the B1G!!!! Indiana had the 2nd best offense in the B1G and they sucked.

You do realize that this "golf coach" as you like to call him is also one of our best recruiters right? Anyone complaining about the Fish hire is just looking for something to complain about. And yes... the rest of the country does know that. What has Kaz done to garner best hire? I'm still in wait and see mode with him, I think he could be a good hire but his work last year didn't show me anything revealing about it. (of course he didn't have much to work with).

And Watson left for another job? No, Bo fired him and then helped him find another gig on the DL... that's how it went down. Or do you think that a coach with the ego Watson has would willingly go from OC to position coach and cut in pay? He's the OC at Louisville now but he was merely the QB coach when he got hired there.

So okay... let's go nationally then. 8th best running offense in the nation in 2012, Top 25 total offense and scoring offense... second team all-american guard... Three All-B1G skill position players. So our offense sucked last season? Good to know. Give me a break, if you think Shawn Watson would have done better than Tim Beck you're on something.

One more thing... Tim Beck turned down two HC gigs to come back as an OC for us this past season. Other people know how good of an OC he is. If our defense had been half as good as our 2010 defense we would have at least gone to a BCS bowl if not gone undefeated. Our defense is the problem right now (and it pisses me off because of the point I made above about Bo being the DC) and it's not even close.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that this "golf coach" as you like to call him is also one of our best recruiters right? Anyone complaining about the Fish hire is just looking for something to complain about. And yes... the rest of the country does know that. What has Kaz done to garner best hire? I'm still in wait and see mode with him, I think he could be a good hire but his work last year didn't show me anything revealing about it. (of course he didn't have much to work with).

And Watson left for another job? No, Bo fired him and then helped him find another gig on the DL... that's how it went down. Or do you think that a coach with the ego Watson has would willingly go from OC to position coach and cut in pay? He's the OC at Louisville now but he was merely the QB coach when he got hired there.

So okay... let's go nationally then. 8th best running offense in the nation in 2012, Top 25 total offense and scoring offense... second team all-american guard... Three All-B1G skill position players. So our offense sucked last season? Good to know. Give me a break, if you think Shawn Watson would have done better than Tim Beck you're on something.

One more thing... Tim Beck turned down two HC gigs to come back as an OC for us this past season. Other people know how good of an OC he is. If our defense had been half as good as our 2010 defense we would have at least gone to a BCS bowl if not gone undefeated. Our defense is the problem right now (and it pisses me off because of the point I made above about Bo being the DC) and it's not even close.

Whoa!!!! We have another Brasky here. Where did I say our offense sucked last year? Never once said that and would never say that.

I couldn't give 2 shits who the best recruiter is!!! Nothing means less to me than recruiting!!! I care about coaching, developing, and the preparation of the players week to week.

It's funny that you went nationally with those stat rankings and talked about the 8th best rushing team and a 2nd team all American guard yet you claim the worst coach is Cotton. I am not saying Cotton is the best coach but people on here know that I think Cotton gets way too much of the blame.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa!!!! We have another Brasky here. Where did I say our offense sucked last year? Never once said that and would never say that.

I couldn't give 2 shits who the best recruiter is!!! Nothing means less to me than recruiting!!! I care about coaching, developing, and the preparation of the players week to week.

It's funny that you went nationally with those stat rankings and talked about the 8th best rushing team and a 2nd team all American guard yet you claim the worst coach is Cotton. I am not saying Cotton is the best coach but people on here know that I think Cotton gets way too much of the blame.

your ignorance knows no bounds... John Garrison coached the interior line this season not Cotton. Cotton was in charge of the tackles... how good did our tackles look this season? Yeah... that's what I thought.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your ignorance knows no bounds... John Garrison coached the interior line this season not Cotton. Cotton was in charge of the tackles... how good did our tackles look this season? Yeah... that's what I thought.

Hahahahaha, you are the best!!!! Who is the "running game coordinator"? What position does second team all B1G player Jeremiah Sirles play? Who was the OL coach in 2010 when they ha the most rushing yards in 8 years?

I will use your own words, "yeah... that's what I thought".

Again, I am not saying he is great but he is not nearly as terrible as fans claim. Shit, if he was that terrible what does it say about our head coach for not only keeping him around but also making him the associate head coach?

Why must you people make this so easy for me?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahaha, you are the best!!!! Who is the "running game coordinator"? What position does second team all B1G player Jeremiah Sirles play? Who was the OL coach in 2010 when they ha the most rushing yards in 8 years?

I will use your own words, "yeah... that's what I thought".

Again, I am not saying he is great but he is not nearly as terrible as fans claim. Shit, if he was that terrible what does it say about our head coach for not only keeping him around but also making him the associate head coach?

Why must you people make this so easy for me?

Running game coordinator? A role he just assumed this year... he wasn't running game coordinator in 2012, he is in 2013... and what the heck does that mean? It means helping Ron Brown rotate backs, that's about it.

I've gotten in this debate on CBS sports before, and I defended Cotton. He's a good run blocking coach... a bad pass-pro coach and mediocre recruiter. And I know... recruiting is dumb, until you complain about the talent level. Why do you think Cotton keeps getting shuffled around, because Bo doesn't want to push him out the door but Garrison is the better line coach.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running game coordinator? A role he just assumed this year... he wasn't running game coordinator in 2012, he is in 2013... and what the heck does that mean? It means helping Ron Brown rotate backs, that's about it.

I've gotten in this debate on CBS sports before, and I defended Cotton. He's a good run blocking coach... a bad pass-pro coach and mediocre recruiter. And I know... recruiting is dumb, until you complain about the talent level. Why do you think Cotton keeps getting shuffled around, because Bo doesn't want to push him out the door but Garrison is the better line coach.

You are right, my bad on the RGC for last year. I was thinking it started last year with the switch. He still helped with the line. The RGC also helps coordinate the types of running plays that will work best when devising the gameplay for that week's opponent.

Recruiting is not dumb for the coaches. It is vital, I just don't give 2 shits about it. You can have all the talent you want but if you can't coach them and develop them then it doesn't mean shit.

With how fans treat and talk about Cotton I have no clue why he is still here!!!! I would have told you all to fuck off a long time ago and went to coach somewhere else even if this is my alma mater. So much for treating former players with respect.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, my bad on the RGC for last year. I was thinking it started last year with the switch. He still helped with the line. The RGC also helps coordinate the types of running plays that will work best when devising the gameplay for that week's opponent.

Recruiting is not dumb for the coaches. It is vital, I just don't give 2 shits about it. You can have all the talent you want but if you can't coach them and develop them then it doesn't mean shit.

With how fans treat and talk about Cotton I have no clue why he is still here!!!! I would have told you all to fuck off a long time ago and went to coach somewhere else even if this is my alma mater. So much for treating former players with respect.

All i said was he's the not one of the better coaches on the staff. I think he's a really good run blocking coach, and a below average pass-pro coach. I think I just have a higher opinion of our assistants right now than you. When I say Cotton is the "worst" position coach on staff, I don't mean he's a horrible coach, just that he's the least proficient. I thank him for all he has given to this university and unlike some I don't want him chased out of here, I'm just glad Garrison (also former player) is taking control of the entire line, especially if we're going to be passing more.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk will be moot in January of 2014 when we are holding the football that is made of crystal

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this talk will be moot in January of 2014 when we are holding the football that is made of crystal

I like the way you think.... I pray that this comes to fruition.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lord I wish....

I don't want us to be the next Notre same talking about titles that were decades ago.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i said was he's the not one of the better coaches on the staff. I think he's a really good run blocking coach, and a below average pass-pro coach. I think I just have a higher opinion of our assistants right now than you. When I say Cotton is the "worst" position coach on staff, I don't mean he's a horrible coach, just that he's the least proficient. I thank him for all he has given to this university and unlike some I don't want him chased out of here, I'm just glad Garrison (also former player) is taking control of the entire line, especially if we're going to be passing more.

I'll go and say it if cotton left I won't and Nebraska won't miss him.

Our OL has become a liability on offense through the years. Think how nasty the offense would be if we had bama or tamu line. Just an line that would allow tmart time to throw.

Think of the penalties that put that the OL have commited that kill drives.. Even back in 09 remember vatech game 4 n goal from near the 40.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a higher opinion of our entire coaching staff from top to bottom than I do. That's ok, even though I am an idiot for my opinion. :yo: