• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince marrow UK recruiting

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's official bo honeymoon is over and the next five years will really define The program and where it's going.

First things first RECRUTING we are not gonna survive the new age college football era dominated on recruiting. It's becoming clear we gotta bring In better talent when one conference put out 60 some players in the draft....

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Bo will be here for a long time. I am mostly talking about the assistants. A former golf coach, a DC that was a grad assistant 6 years ago, an OC who last called plays as a high school coach in 2001, constantly hiring his buddies. Yeah there are experienced guys on the staff like Brown and Cotton but overall? Like RA said, "It's about developing, teaching sound fundamentals, and then preparing them week to week". That is the type of coaching we need here!!!! We don't have that!!!!

That "golf coach" has coached his position group to being one of the best WR corps in the nation... (also, let's just throw out the fact that he coached at the college level before he became a golf coach) you would want Ted Gilmore back? That first time OC had the #1 ranked offense in the B1G last season (in only his second season as an OC) and has brought in better QB recruits in the last two seasons than Watson ever did. Our worst coach... Barney Cotton... is a seasoned veteran on the staff and is a poor recruiter.

I agree with JP, but he's a DC in title only, Bo still runs the d-line. Els is a seasoned veteran at LB, the guy he replaced, Mike Ekeler was actually younger... Terry Joseph is one of the best young secondary coaches in the nation (not to mention recruiters) and was offered a job at Alabama he turned down last season.

Not saying the staff is perfect, they have a lot of room to grow, but I think the hires Pelini has made thus far have proved to be the right ones with Fisher, Joseph, Els and Beck. Verdict is still out on Kaz (who was not one of Bo's buddies... hired him away from Iowa).

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Bo will be here for a long time. I am mostly talking about the assistants. A former golf coach, a DC that was a grad assistant 6 years ago, an OC who last called plays as a high school coach in 2001, constantly hiring his buddies. Yeah there are experienced guys on the staff like Brown and Cotton but overall? Like RA said, "It's about developing, teaching sound fundamentals, and then preparing them week to week". That is the type of coaching we need here!!!! We don't have that!!!!

Your correct that why wisk osu mich ucla and other teams that have whipped us and out coached us.

Bo staff has been young and is learning on the fly. Go back to what pj smith said about players not respecting the staff...truth is out there mora/urban turn their programs around fast Bo still getting a pass like its year 1-2 it's not.

My fear is this staff isn't gonna figure it out till its too late. I don't wanna be a notre dame and talk about history that recruits weren't alive to see ... And that not jab at teo gf either lol

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had staff complaints all the time over at CBS. My main two problems were Els and JP. I don't care that he's DC in title only. We needed someone with experience to provide more ideas, not someone trained in the same school of thought as Bo. Els just doesn't cut it for me, Ekeler might have been younger but he brought a ton of enthusiasm, I haven't seen anything positive out of Els.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh forgotten about my complaints about Cotton too. good run blocking coach, but just don't see much improvement from our guys in pass blocking. not to mention that he isn't a very good recruiter.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had staff complaints all the time over at CBS. My main two problems were Els and JP. I don't care that he's DC in title only. We needed someone with experience to provide more ideas, not someone trained in the same school of thought as Bo. Els just doesn't cut it for me, Ekeler might have been younger but he brought a ton of enthusiasm, I haven't seen anything positive out of Els.

Els has improved our recruiting and organization a ton... originated Big Red Weekend... also was integral in bringing in 4 of the 7 LB recruits recently. Recruiting has been better with him here. Coaching, I'm not sure. I know Compton improved over time, and LaVonte was ... well... LaVonte. We'll really see Els the coach come out in the next year or two with these young bucks.

JP, I agree. I was hoping we'd go for a great recruiter and a coach with a rep for putting tons of kids into the league.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh forgotten about my complaints about Cotton too. good run blocking coach, but just don't see much improvement from our guys in pass blocking. not to mention that he isn't a very good recruiter.

Garrison's got the whole OL now... I'm excited to see what that means in the pass-pro scheme... He really coached that interior line well last season, I think he does some good things this year as well.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "golf coach" has coached his position group to being one of the best WR corps in the nation... (also, let's just throw out the fact that he coached at the college level before he became a golf coach) you would want Ted Gilmore back? That first time OC had the #1 ranked offense in the B1G last season (in only his second season as an OC) and has brought in better QB recruits in the last two seasons than Watson ever did. Our worst coach... Barney Cotton... is a seasoned veteran on the staff and is a poor recruiter.

I agree with JP, but he's a DC in title only, Bo still runs the d-line. Els is a seasoned veteran at LB, the guy he replaced, Mike Ekeler was actually younger... Terry Joseph is one of the best young secondary coaches in the nation (not to mention recruiters) and was offered a job at Alabama he turned down last season.

Not saying the staff is perfect, they have a lot of room to grow, but I think the hires Pelini has made thus far have proved to be the right ones with Fisher, Joseph, Els and Beck. Verdict is still out on Kaz (who was not one of Bo's buddies... hired him away from Iowa).

My issue is what is it? Our the coaches not popular with young kids?! Not establish yet in bigten area, conference switch ? Other staff have hit the ground running we seem to be stuck in neutral or low gear

It just sucks getting a good recruit then a big elite team comes in flashes the rings and says sign here.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll complain if there are only 2 commits in February. Until then, and probably beyond, I will trust the people Dr. Tom entrusted with his legacy.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Removing all the homerism and the doubt............we are likely about to see an 11+ win season and a very good chance at a BCS bowl.

That kinda stuff can do a lot for a program.......let's not forget we haven't been there in over a decade. I still am under the belief that these next few years are going to be great momentum builders for the future.

Will a big part of it be because of our easy schedules? Yes. But who cares? Not me.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Removing all the homerism and the doubt............we are likely about to see an 11+ win season and a very good chance at a BCS bowl.

That kinda stuff can do a lot for a program.......let's not forget we haven't been there in over a decade. I still am under the belief that these next few years are going to be great momentum builders for the future.

Will a big part of it be because of our easy schedules? Yes. But who cares? Not me.

Defense is the X factor IMO. Offense should be nice next year with everybody back I just hope defense can come through so offense doesnt feel like it has to score every time it has the ball.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes the golf coach has college experience. Last seen in Moscow, ID in 2005. We picked him from a high school program!!!! To NEBRASKA!!!!! JP is DC in title only because we all know who runs the defense. Does the rest of the country know that? Kaz and TJ have been great hires in my opinion but Bo is loyal to a fault with his "buddies". Look at how long Watson stayed and only left because he found another gig. As for Beck having the best offense in the B1G, it's the B1G, offenses are not great in the B1G!!!! Indiana had the 2nd best offense in the B1G and they sucked.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that I don't believe Nebraska should be a training ground for coaches. I know that everyone has to start somewhere but NEBRASKA should not be a training ground for head coaches, offensive coordinators, and defensive coordinators. We should be able to get experienced coaches at those positions.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that I don't believe Nebraska should be a training ground for coaches. I know that everyone has to start somewhere but NEBRASKA should not be a training ground for head coaches, offensive coordinators, and defensive coordinators. We should be able to get experienced coaches at those positions.

/thread

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont understand why people are complaining about the "golf coach" when he is the position coach for probably our most consistent unit on our team. Not to mention our WRs sucked before he got here.....y'all are honestly complaining about the only coach that has actually "coached up" (something yall say no one on this staff can do) his unit

he must be at least a half decent coach cause our WRs are kick ass

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"coached up his unit" :dhd:

On a serious note, I think Beck's doing a decent job w/ the offense. They lack some fundamentals like pass blocking and turnovers (which puts the defense in some difficult positions), but overall they're productive. The rcvrs were certainly the most consistent of the bunch.

If they'd have averaged 71 ppg last year, NU would have been undefeated.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"coached up his unit" :dhd:

On a serious note, I think Beck's doing a decent job w/ the offense. They lack some fundamentals like pass blocking and turnovers (which puts the defense in some difficult positions), but overall they're productive. The rcvrs were certainly the most consistent of the bunch.

If they'd have averaged 71 ppg last year, NU would have been undefeated.

True but the technically didn't need to average 71 ppg. Just need to score 71 points in a certain game. Ohio St went undefeated averaging 37 ppg and they gave up more than that twice last year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU got into a track meet with INDIANA. They needed OT to beat purdue. Worst undefeated team I've ever seen.