• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Victor Cruz

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning was impressed by Victor Cruz (heel) in his return to Giants practice Monday.

"(Victor) is one of our top receivers," said Eli. "It’s good to have him out there running around and I’m excited he’ll be back this opening game. He looked sharp (today). He had his full speed." In three-receiver sets at Dallas, look for Cruz to man the slot with Rueben Randle and Hakeem Nicks outside.

I bring this guy up because while everyone seems to be concerned with Eli (I am not so much) I worry about Cruz. This guy can kill us. This will be a very good test for our new Defense. Our old style of how to deal with WRs sucked against Cruz.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning was impressed by Victor Cruz (heel) in his return to Giants practice Monday.

"(Victor) is one of our top receivers," said Eli. "It’s good to have him out there running around and I’m excited he’ll be back this opening game. He looked sharp (today). He had his full speed." In three-receiver sets at Dallas, look for Cruz to man the slot with Rueben Randle and Hakeem Nicks outside.

I bring this guy up because while everyone seems to be concerned with Eli (I am not so much) I worry about Cruz. This guy can kill us. This will be a very good test for our new Defense. Our old style of how to deal with WRs sucked against Cruz.

The key for the Dallas D will be getting pressure with the four man front. If we can do that, we can keep the safeties in two deep and this will be a dominant D. Kiffen likes to dial up blitzes more than a lot of people think, but I believe this year, he would like to blitz less to protect our safeties if we can get consistent pressure from 4. The Giants seem to always kill us with the deep ball, if we can take that away, I think Eli will make mistakes with the football

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The secondary did a pretty good job no him last year, Carr specifically

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the game in Dallas, Eli and Crew didnt do much at all. Now they had a huge lead the entire game . Glad to see Claiborne seems to be ready to go. Spencer on the other hand, looks like he will be a scratch

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary did a pretty good job no him last year, Carr specifically

Yes. I hope they watch a lot of film and figure out what we did to minimize Cruz last year (aside from being so far behind NYG didn't need to throw).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a tough guy to bring down. A lot of this goes back to the Rob Ryan problems. If the blitz got picked up or Eli could shrug off a tackle it was Cruz vs a corner 1 on 1 with no safety support. If you give Cruz time he will get loose.

With that said, I'd prefer Claiborne cover him, I think he has a bit more speed than Carr and put Carr on Nicks since he's the more physical corner and Nicks is a big, physical receiver.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah we must contain Cruz and limit the big plays. You look at any game between these two teams in Cowboys Stadium in the past, you always saw the Cowboys get burned by hair-pulling big plays. Whether it's a long TD by Cruz or Manningham, a huge third down play offensively or defensively, or a huge turnover like JPP's interception return for a TD, the Cowboys always got burned by painful big plays. If the Cowboys wanna get over the hump, they gotta keep that from happening and limiting Cruz would really help.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget how Plaxico torched our ass plenty.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave in two/three years ago.
NYG goes as Manning goes

still hard to believe this guy never misses a game

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about Eli, that man get's his ass kicked and keeps getting up. Gotta respect that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave in two/three years ago.
NYG goes as Manning goes

still hard to believe this guy never misses a game

its wierd you say this. This game to me still has that 2007 feel to it. Opening Sunday night of the yr at the old stadium. Eli hit Plax early with a big bomb. They miss the extra point. We come right back and score. That was the night Wade said how bout our offense after the game. During that game, Eli was actually knocked out of the game for a few series at the end. He had been slammed on his shoulder. Michaels and Collingsworth had him missing the rest of the season for a separated shoulder. It may have been Madden and not Chris. He played the next week. I guess Peyton missed a season but other than that neither Manning has missed anything and that goes back through college too. Kind of amazing if you ask me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key for the Dallas D will be getting pressure with the four man front

This is a huge point IMO. Everyone is hung up on how important the "Sapp" position is and that we don't have it right now, but it doesn't need to be done like that. You can do it with a Sapp, or you can do it with a Ware and Spencer. If you get the OL worried about your two DL it becomes pretty easy for a mere mortal to shoot the gaps out of the 3 technique and cause havoc up the middle too. What matters the most are the results. How you get there is just up to the skill set of the players and the coaches to figure out. Now will the defense be successful with Selvie and Hayden? Maybe not, but it will be more because they may not be good enough to be successful starters in any NFL scheme than the fact we don't have a Hall of Famer in that spot. BUT, if we are successful with those guys it does shoot down the idea that we need a Sapp for this D to be dominant.