• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Veteran Patriots who are "on the edge"

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does, but I'm think maybe we see more HT come down on the edge with the addition of Harris. Also reports are the Lengi has be strictly OLB during all of camp and before...Grisson has been taking all of the 1st team reps with Flowers on the other side. SO we got: Flowers, Ely, Grissom, Rivers. We also know that BB has no issues moving Brown, Branch to the edge. Also Guy can move outside too. I think we will be all set, but the vet leadership is a big one for me. It already seems like Ely fucked up, he had a sit down with Brady and Kraft today.

I posted the link because of Nink retirement. I do not agree that the pass rush will be (automatically) shallow.
I was expecting Nink to get cut anyways. (again, don't hate me)

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the link because of Nink retirement. I do not agree that the pass rush will be (automatically) shallow.
I was expecting Nink to get cut anyways. (again, don't hate me)

IDK about cut, maybe. But someone brought up a good point. He played on ST and was the back-up long snapper. So now BB needs to figure that stuff out...IDK. Why would I hate you? LOL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK about cut, maybe. But someone brought up a good point. He played on ST and was the back-up long snapper. So now BB needs to figure that stuff out...IDK. Why would I hate you? LOL
No way he would've been cut unless the majority of his skills had diminished. Too much versatility.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this thread title on the top of the main page, and swore it was going to be in the politics section. About veteran soldiers suffering from PTSD or something. lol

Well..................I'm Back!!!! New Orleans in Late July and early August is brutal. Heat and Humidity.

If you ever go....the best restaurant is Manning's (Archie) on Fulton Street. Huge portions and the food is excellent.

Back to @richigo7..........No humor in PTSD.......Those of us who suffer from it, have to deal with some pretty nasty demons. The little guys who live in my head constantly want out. Keeping them in their cages is a struggle.
If they ever did get out, I'm not sure what they'd do...........I certainly don't want to be responsible for their actions.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inb4 they make me login again.. :gaah:

Bolden
Slater
Lewis - he has the best chance to stay because he was a great back before his injury but he has to do well this year but there's a huge logjam at running back,

I think Amendola stays, super clutch in the playoffs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolden
Slater
Lewis - he has the best chance to stay because he was a great back before his injury but he has to do well this year but there's a huge logjam at running back,

Amendola stays I agree.

I disagree that Slater is on the edge. I think he's a lock. He is still the first one downfield to make the tackle. Sometimes, if he does miss, he can double back and still catch the guy from behind and make the tackle.

Lewis has to prove he has gotten his mojo back.

Bolden...the door cannot hit him hard enough/fast enough/soon enough...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Bill we trust has worked out pretty well for the past 15 years.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola stays I agree.

I disagree that Slater is on the edge. I think he's a lock. He is still the first one downfield to make the tackle. Sometimes, if he does miss, he can double back and still catch the guy from behind and make the tackle.

Lewis has to prove he has gotten his mojo back.

Bolden...the door cannot hit him hard enough/fast enough/soon enough...

For the most part I agree with Slater but I'm wondering if he's losing a step.

Boldin has had his moments as a special team players but it's a real tight crowd these days in training camp

I agree about Lewis but often it takes an entire year to recover from an acl injury (unless you're Adrian Peterson)

He does need to get back to his old dynamic self but I bet the staff gives him the time. He was that good.

The problem is that we have a great receiver corps where we want em all back
A nice set of running backs.

The usual need for depth on D and the Oline.

It's going to be tough at cutting time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick calls it 'versatility'. I call it a more modern, Multi-Tasker. It's good if you can mix a cake mix. It's better if you can mix it and bake it properly. It's tremendous if you can mix, bake AND professionally decorate the baked cake...................

There isn't much room for guys who can do only one thing. Even the long snapper can play Tackle, Guard and Center in a pinch.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolden
Slater

Use Firefox. You'll solve your login issue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Boston has Kony Ealy possibly being cut

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been hearing Lewis is finally back to 100%. He trust the knee again. From what I have read, he just makes this offense that much better and is a completely different type of RB than any one else on this team. Don't think he is going anywhere.

Ealy had a sit down with Kraft and TB after day 1 of camp. Apparently he got the point. Not sure what happened, but I hope he put it behind him and can just play football. Wise has been getting all the reps w/the 1's so maybe BB is trying to make his point that way. I think we are to thin at DE to cut him. All he has to do is STFU and play football, then he can leave and get paid.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Blount might be on the bubble in Philly. If Gillislee misses a lot of time with the hamstring injury, Blount might be a good pickup. He certainly knows the Pats' offense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that Blount might be on the bubble in Philly. If Gillislee misses a lot of time with the hamstring injury, Blount might be a good pickup. He certainly knows the Pats' offense.

We squeezed all that was left in Blount and Gillislee looks healthy.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Develin is now the backup long snapper.....