• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vernon Davis traded to Broncos

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely low risk with lots of up side. Manning has a year, maybe two left, so it's win now for Denver. Good move and for cheap.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will take him at his salary. The 49ers would release him before they found somebody willing to trade for. If they found a taker, that GM should be fired.

very true that GM should be fired, why hasn't he been benched yet? Due to his contract?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true that GM should be fired, why hasn't he been benched yet? Due to his contract?

More of a what do they have behind him that would be any better? Blaine Gabbert?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a what do they have behind him that would be any better? Blaine Gabbert?

at this point yes he seems to be better.... Granted I haven't watched many 49ers games but I think the entire team is a mess

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point yes he seems to be better.... Granted I haven't watched many 49ers games but I think the entire team is a mess

Pretty sure most 49er fans are just counting down the days until the season is over and hoping for the rebuild.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure most 49er fans are just counting down the days until the season is over and hoping for the rebuild.

Yeah a buddy of mine is a 49ers fan and he is going nuts

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if they can keep squeezing production out of Owen Daniels as they did last night. Takes a lot more pressure off of Vernon. Interesting to see how it plays out

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh it's a good grade for both teams. Davis is done in SF and that team is going nowhere fast, so might as well get something and cut your ties with a TE that seems to be completely over his time in SF.

As for Denver, a change of scenery and Peyton Manning may help. Davis may regain some passion by moving to Denver because it was completely lost in SF.

A- for Denver, just because they had to give up that extra pick in 2017. Hardly worth knocking a grade that much down, but still can't give them an A or A+ :)
A for SF. Time to move on from Davis and find someone who will bring passion to the role. SF has 4 young TEs on their roster.... let them get playing time because SF isn't going anywhere anytime soon and need to consider a slight rebuild.

Davis has been one of the worst TEs this season according to PFF, but his passion is completely lost in SF. Denver may elevate his play towards his 2013 form and that's worth the risk of the late rounders.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... looks like Elway isn't playing this year.. He's all in ... I get it though, you want to take advantage of having Manning around.. Nice move by the Broncos...

C

cubzzzfanincali

Trade is being overblown. Vernon Davis has fallen off a cliff the last two years. He used to be arguably the best in the game at run blocking but now he's a major liability. He clearly runs in pain now, it isn't an accident that his production has gone way down. but the Broncos gave up almost nothing for him, so doesn't really hurt anything to do this. But people expecting big things or big upside are deluding themselves.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move. Do you pick this guy in fantasy now?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon was not trying anymore. He would just run out of bounds or run routes half hearted. If he tries he can be a great TE. But ever since his back injury in week 1 last year he has not played well at all.

Most people here are wrong about Kaepernicks contract. He is not making that much. Most of it is incentive bonus driven. Bonuses he will never see. Also, the way it was set up he can be cut at any time and not be owed a dime. No dead money or anything. If I was the Jets who don't have a QB I would trade for him. ON a solid run first team he will shine again. But the 49ers are far from solid at any position.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Vernon was not trying anymore. He would just run out of bounds or run routes half hearted. If he tries he can be a great TE. But ever since his back injury in week 1 last year he has not played well at all.

Yeah, that definitely changed him. I have to watch a lot more 49ers football than care to due to living out here, and it's been a dramatic change. Most of my 49er buddies are not at all upset over this move. I'm sure between playing in pain and playing for Jed York, he figured "screw it."

That's the one thing Bronco fans can hope for. If enough of his falloff was just because he didn't give a shit about playing for the 9ers any more, then maybe he has more in the tank than is showing up on film.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move. Do you pick this guy in fantasy now?

I would say so but I wouldn't start him for a game or two until he has team to work w/ Manning...

I think V. Davis will do well... Change of scenery is just what the doctor ordered... Davis is the type that will absolutely go balls to the wall for his new team, understanding the great opportunity he has in front of him...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years ago Davis looked like he could walk on water.

Lately he has been 100% MIA.

I hope Denver's trying to buy a SB blows up real good.....

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years ago Davis looked like he could walk on water.

Lately he has been 100% MIA.

I hope Denver's trying to buy a SB blows up real good.....
Hey Now! I thought pretty much every team tries to buy a SB?

Almost no risk in making this move. Not worried about the locker room being affected negatively either.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now SF needs to trade Kaep, as a WR, Special Teams. Might work