• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance to Demaryius

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you have to do is tell a guy to be dominant? He is a genius HC!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polite way of putting him on notice

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT has had his faults in recent memory, but when the offense can't run the ball and there is no credible 3rd receiver threat - and your QB is inexperienced - it is hard to be dominant with two guys hanging on you for coverage.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all you have to do is tell a guy to be dominant? He is a genius HC!
I take it that you never tried to motivate one of your employees? :nod:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it that you never tried to motivate one of your employees? :nod:

I avoid motivation by public shamming. Is that what you do in non-profits?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo publically shames me all the time, and I don't even work for him

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I avoid motivation by public shamming. Is that what you do in non-profits?
I didn't take it shaming rather challenging who VJ thinks is the biggest playmaker on the team. But my reading comprehension may be lacking.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take it shaming rather challenging who VJ thinks is the biggest playmaker on the team. But my reading comprehension may be lacking.

Let's be real George - he was challenging DT to perform better in public - not privately. Stuff like that can backfire.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance is just stating the obvious ... Anyone who watches the NFL knows about the drops and the lack of fire

Can't say I'd be upset if somehow we could package him and move forward, but that's not happening .. So the only thing left is for a new HC to challenge him

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say I agree with Mingo. You hear players and coaches say you need to keep those kind of comments " in house ". Nothing good ever comes out of " putting a player on notice " via media embarrassment or calling them out to supposedly " motivate " them. Throws even more doubt in my confidence in Joseph to succeed in Denver. It's like Rivera coming out and saying " Cams confidence is shook ". ( Nice abuse of English language ). What benefit could that statement do to benefit Cam ? If anything, teams will be working overtime to rub that in and fuck his head up even more. Stupid !. Color Cams career over now for sure. Yeah, it's been obvious DT has issues as a " #1 " wideout ( separation, taking hits early in game and going soft,etc ) but you as a new HC want to inspire? Keep it in house dumb shit. I think Big John screwed up big time with this hire. I give him (Joseph ) 5 wks when record is 2-3. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Thomas toughens up a bit, gets focused, and starts earning that check he carried on about

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a player can't take the scrutiny when's he's earning tens of millions of dollars, in the sports and entertainment business mind you, then maybe he's not cut out for the job

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the logic of blaming DT's lack of production on him when last season the Broncos couldn't run the ball - and only had two viable receivers out running patterns into double coverage and inexperienced QBing - who spent the two seconds they had after the snap running for their lives.

Never-the-less - performance issues in any workplace are best left between the supervisor and the employee - this is why where any of you work - performance evaluations are done one on one with the supervisor and the employee.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I also don't have 20 million people watch me perform where I work on a weekly basis

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to motivate a guy - call him out in front of his teammates - not the public. One of the great things about team sports - is you can't fake it in front of your teammates - they know if you are real or not. This is why they have player captains - this is why - guys who become vets counsel the rookies and new guys.

That being said - VJ - if you read the entire article - wasn't dumping on DT - he made the same points - I have - the run game didn't work - and the TEs and other receivers didn't help - the oline was awful. Yet - he did say what became the headline. I think the context for this headline - is not that DT was dogging it, but that the Broncos have to put a product on the field that leads to DT being dominant. Without the headline - VJ made similar comments about Von Miller on the defensive side. This is simple arithmetic based on the team salary structure and DT's place in the top spot on offense.

I liked some of the things Vance Joseph has been saying. He's talking about using Von Miller in more of an attack mode on more snaps - which is what I think is wise -because he is so good at it. VJ says the Broncos need to find the 4th CB to replace Kayvon. He brought in the big DTs to stuff the run up the middle on the Bronco's defense - that is the key to using the speed of the Broncos ILBers in coverage.

He has the feel of a Head Coach puppy sometimes, but from what I've seen he is accepted by the players.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like an overaction to me. He says DT is one of the best and wants him to be more consistent. I'm guessing DT might say the exact same thing about himself. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough, but it didn't seem like VJ was bashing him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure seems like an overaction to me. He says DT is one of the best and wants him to be more consistent. I'm guessing DT might say the exact same thing about himself. Maybe I'm not sensitive enough, but it didn't seem like VJ was bashing him.

You didn't have a chance to read my post just minutes ahead of this one.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep VJ was spot on. DMT needs a push because he says every year he needs to improve and same old thing. Of course having an OC creative enough get him the ball more might do wonders as well.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not Thomas' numbers or the fact that the running game and OL were abysmal the past few seasons ..

It's Marcus Peters - despite being 6' 195 - wanting that ball in his hands more and getting it ... It Thomas' inability to come up with a play that makes the statement "This is MY offense, MY team, and I will carry them on MY back"

Imagine Thomas being traded to the Raiders or Pats .... and when we faced them, I would bet Talib would completely take him out off his game and get into his head ....