• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance to Demaryius

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair @SpiritOf77 - Talib does that to virtually every WR in the league - no one owned Talib last year - he ought to be shot prior to every season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see an issue with him calling out DT a little bit.

Really so far this offseason they have been putting a few players on notice of they want more. They have pointed out the good in those players as well but just letting them know that they see something great in them and want to see that potential realizes. Yeah maybe public announcements are not the best way but I'm sure they have also had these same conversations in private.

So far this offseason:

Bill Kollar called out Adam Gotsis. Told him he needed to get stronger and better spend the entire offseason living in the gym until his legs fall off. I don't view this as a negative though. Kollar saw something in this kid enough to spend everyday walking the hallways of Dove Valley pounding the table for the Broncos to draft him. So obviously he likes the kid and just wants to see his potential realized.

Vance Joseph called out Paxton Lynch. Pretty much said in the media that the kid has all the skills needed to be a great QB physically. Pointed towards the mental side of where he is lacking and must improve. Said that he needs to step up and show he can be a leader for this team that players can rally behind.

And of course the DT situation.

These are 3 young guys that I think they really like and think can be dominant in this league. Otherwise why call them out? And I'm with @SpringStein on this of I think they should be able to handle this. If this rattles them to the point that they can't perform then not sure they would make it anyway. Paxton especially plays a position of huge scrutiny. He better be prepared as the media will be dissecting every throw this training camp/preseason. DT has been called out by the media before. Also remember he was voted team captain this past year for the offense. If he is the Captain then he needs to be the man the team can depend on when they absolutely need a play. He wasn't that guy this past year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really so far this offseason they have been putting a few players on notice of they want more. They have pointed out the good in those players as well but just letting them know that they see something great in them and want to see that potential realizes. Yeah maybe public announcements are not the best way but I'm sure they have also had these same conversations in private.

So far this offseason:

Bill Kollar called out Adam Gotsis. Told him he needed to get stronger and better spend the entire offseason living in the gym until his legs fall off. I don't view this as a negative though. Kollar saw something in this kid enough to spend everyday walking the hallways of Dove Valley pounding the table for the Broncos to draft him. So obviously he likes the kid and just wants to see his potential realized.

Vance Joseph called out Paxton Lynch. Pretty much said in the media that the kid has all the skills needed to be a great QB physically. Pointed towards the mental side of where he is lacking and must improve. Said that he needs to step up and show he can be a leader for this team that players can rally behind.

These are 3 young guys that I think they really like and think can be dominant in this league. Otherwise why call them out? And I'm with @SpringStein on this of I think they should be able to handle this. If this rattles them to the point that they can't perform then not sure they would make it anyway. Paxton especially plays a position of huge scrutiny. He better be prepared as the media will be dissecting every throw this training camp/preseason. DT has been called out by the media before. Also remember he was voted team captain this past year for the offense. If he is the Captain then he needs to be the man the team can depend on when they absolutely need a play. He wasn't that guy this past year.

There is no little bit - calling someone out in public - that's like being a little bit pregnant. You get the same effect by saying publically - that certain guys need to live up to the salary slot - or changes will be made - without saying names in particular. But, like I said in the other posts - I don't think VJ's comments matched the inference of the headline in the article. When you read his comments - it was all about how the aspects of getting DT to dominate - didn't work together last year.

There's a much bigger issue than Gotsis or DT and that is the Broncos put a pathetic Oline out on the field last year and the front office - ought to own up to that defect - since they drafted them and coached them up.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT's favorite play , the slip screen , will be back In the playbook. When we see him go 70 again all will be right in the world. He was down right dominate for 3 years in Manning's offense

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true Mingo, sometimes after a smorgasbord, I feel a little bit dirty and yes, a little bit pregnant

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true Mingo, sometimes after a smorgasbord, I feel a little bit dirty and yes, a little bit pregnant

When going smorgasbord - one should stick to all you can eat to avoid pregnancy situations. It's common sense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far this offseason:

It would be a little different if it was Kubiak this year and speaking out regarding some top pay grade guys needing to " buck up " if you will. Think Kubes would keep it house anyway. Don't need the new HC publicly calling out his new players when he more than likely hasn't even met with them yet. You can color it any way you want. To me it's kind of chicken shit. Meet with the guy first, if he gives you attitude, go to plan B. Not like season is starting tomorrow.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with the head coach taking ownership of the team and his players. He didn't totally shit Thomas down

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing wrong with the head coach taking ownership of the team and his players. He didn't totally shit Thomas down
Yep. Saw how nice that worked out with Singletary,Coughlin ( till Strahan meeting ), the very popular Denver rookie HC Josh McD, etc. As a " rookie HC " you don't want to stir the pot till you've sat down and talked to your guys behind closed doors. Common Sense doesn't mean a plethora of pennies or a new fragrance line OC. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a little different if it was Kubiak this year and speaking out regarding some top pay grade guys needing to " buck up " if you will. Think Kubes would keep it house anyway. Don't need the new HC publicly calling out his new players when he more than likely hasn't even met with them yet. You can color it any way you want. To me it's kind of chicken shit. Meet with the guy first, if he gives you attitude, go to plan B. Not like season is starting tomorrow.

I guess I don't view the comments he made about DT to be all that crazy. All things we have all said at different times and even DT himself has commented on publicly. So is it really all that crappy then for the coach to do the same?

Also many of the players have spoken to the coaches either in person or over the phone. I know I have heard both Siemian and Lynch talk about talking to the coaches on a regular basis. They can't talk football of course but they can talk about life and offseason plans.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Saw how nice that worked out with Singletary,Coughlin ( till Strahan meeting ), the very popular Denver rookie HC Josh McD, etc. As a " rookie HC " you don't want to stir the pot till you've sat down and talked to your guys behind closed doors. Common Sense doesn't mean a plethora of pennies or a new fragrance line OC. :)

And if you think they haven't talked then I have some ocean front property for sale right next door to my house in Kansas.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real George - he was challenging DT to perform better in public - not privately. Stuff like that can backfire.

I agree .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't view the comments he made about DT to be all that crazy. All things we have all said at different times and even DT himself has commented on publicly. So is it really all that crappy then for the coach to do the same?

Also many of the players have spoken to the coaches either in person or over the phone. I know I have heard both Siemian and Lynch talk about talking to the coaches on a regular basis. They can't talk football of course but they can talk about life and offseason plans.
Where do you get this info? " Many " of the players have had meetings with coaches or phone conversations ? The best in the media business have nothing to offer on that front and they don't pretend otherwise especially with, as you mentioned, the policy forbidding it. Please point me to article / audio or anything that quotes Trevor or Lynch or any Bronco player saying anything about talking to their coaches on a " regular basis ". I'll be waiting.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far this offseason:

He is failing . He will be hated soon enough by those players .You do get DT played hurt . so I could see him really pissed ..add in this coach has done not f'n thing in the NFL to be critical of people that have done stuff on the field .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be better to talk about how he loves a player and what he brings is so dynamic that he is going to make sure he is the focus of the coaching staff to see DT is going to have his best year ever ....Instead this crap ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get this info? " Many " of the players have had meetings with coaches or phone conversations ? The best in the media business have nothing to offer on that front and they don't pretend otherwise especially with, as you mentioned, the policy forbidding it. Please point me to article / audio or anything that quotes Trevor or Lynch or any Bronco player saying anything about talking to their coaches on a " regular basis ". I'll be waiting.

Well let's see. This information comes from ex-players who talk on Bronco radio stations right now talking about how the offseason functions. This comes from people who have talked to Trevor that have said he has talked to the coaches.

Also if you want a breakdown of the new CBA and what is and isn't allowed between coaches and players during the offseason here is a good breakdown. Players and coaches can talk anything but football related topics. They can ask each other how life is, the family, vacation plans, and so on. There is nothing in the rules that states they can't talk like that.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ches-players-talk-shop-nfl-agreement/8227871/

that isn't specifically talking about our coaches but just a good example of the players and the coaches even working in the same building and stopping to talk every once in a while. Siemian for example has been rehabbing in Denver allowing him to be in Dove Valley every single day. He and the coaches work out in the same gym every single day. Are you really suggesting that Vance working out next to Siemian they haven't spoken a single word to each other?

And I didn't say on a regular basis. I said they have talked. That could mean 1 conversation that could mean talking every single day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better article highlighting that players and coaches can talk in person and on the phone during the offseason and do quite often. Especially with new coaches of just trying to get to know his players.

Offseason rules in full force

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver is a Quarterback dependent position.