• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today Projections for all NFL teams

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC East

Patriots 11-5 (3):
With Gronk, Wilfork back and Revis on board, how won't they win 12th AFC East title in 14 years?
*Jets 10-6 (5): If Geno Smith can sustain steady play from late last season, Rex's bunch primed for playoff return.
Dolphins 8-8: O-line chemistry typically takes time to achieve, and Dolphins had to replace 80% of their unit.
Bills 3-13: Sammy Watkins needs time to adapt. So will defense, which lost Jairus Byrd and is changing scheme. Again.

AFC North

Ravens 10-6 (4):
Healthy Dennis Pitta, fueled Steve Smith and revamped defense mean return to postseason.
Bengals 9-7: The roster returns mostly intact, but breaking in two new coordinators might be killer setback.
Steelers 9-7: Defense in transition — and maybe old in spots — could be undoing despite all the offensive firepower.
Browns 6-10: May be on cusp of something special, but expected suspension of Josh Gordon will delay that a year.

AFC South

Colts 13-3 (1):
Return of Reggie Wayne, favorable schedule give them great shot at third AFC title in nine years.
*Texans 9-7 (6): If this year's QB can avoid self-inflicted wounds, they have horses to be playing again in January.
Titans 6-10: Something promising is taking shape. But new coaches need time, and Jake Locker needs to stay healthy.
Jaguars 4-12: They're on right track with far superior roster, but win column won't reflect that for another year.

AFC West

Broncos 12-4 (2):
Could be better than 2013 team even if wins and offensive output dip. But schedule is murderous.
Chargers 8-8: Last year's schedule allowed late-season charge. This year's could easily produce late-season slide.
Chiefs 4-12: Tight salary cap meant crippling free agent defections, and they didn't sufficiently reload in draft.
Raiders 3-13: Best thing influx of over-the-hill vets can do is change culture. Carr, Mack promise brighter days ahead.

NFC East

Eagles 11-5 (4):
Class of weak division. But can Nick Foles reproduce 2013 magic? DeSean Jackson's speed will be missed.
Redskins 7-9: If the line and RG3's knee hold up, this offense will be hard to slow, but defense may be year away.
Giants 6-10: Eli Manning's supporting cast is getting younger, even if he isn't. Team speed doesn't impress.
Cowboys 3-13: Tony Romo's back, defense are looking awfully frail. Dallas fans might end up pining for .500 teams.

NFC North

Packers 12-4 (2):
Healthy Aaron Rodgers means another healthy shot at Super Bowl. Defense looks markedly improved.
*Bears 11-5 (5): If defense was slightly better in 2013, this is a playoff team — and D seems signficantly better now.
Lions 4-12: So much talent but so much to prove. Tough to find a lot of wins given lack of improvement on defense.
Vikings 3-13: If the 2008 or 2010 version of Matt Cassel shows up, this might be playoff team. That's a big if.

NFC South

Saints 11-5 (3):
Rookie Brandin Cooks adds new layer of mayhem to offense, but undervalued D could also take Saints a long way.
Falcons 10-6: Their problems in pits have been addressed, but Julio Jones' health could determine playoff prospects.
Panthers 7-9: They lost a lot of key bodies in free agency, which probably means a lot of lost ground in standings.
Buccaneers 3-13: Big gamble that 2013 Josh McCown is real deal, and journeyman QB of previous 11 years is gone for good.

NFC West

Seahawks 12-4 (1):
Full season of Percy Harvin plus intact championship nucleus could equal Super Bowl repeat.
*49ers 11-5 (6): Likely extended absences of star LBs Aldon Smith and NaVorro Bowman could be too much to overcome.
Cardinals 10-6: They could be 10-win team once again. And once again, that may not be enough to reach playoffs.
Rams 10-6: They could win a lot of 17-13 games. They may also lose too many given lack of weapons on offense.

Wild-card round
Patriots (3) defeat Texans (6)
Ravens (4) defeat Jets (5)
Saints (3) defeat 49ers (6)
Bears (5) defeat Eagles (4)

Divisional round

Colts (1) defeat Ravens (4)
Broncos (2) defeat Patriots (3)
Seahawks (1) def. Bears (5)
Packers (2) def. Saints (3)

Championship round

Colts (1) defeat Broncos (2)
Seahawks (1) defeat Packers (2)

Super Bowl XLIX

Seahawks defeat Colts

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 games worse than the Eagles? :bullshit:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Sean Lee and hate he's injured, analysts need to at least be realistic. Lee has been hurt for a good part of every year since he's been here and for the last three years they've finished 8-8 regardless. For the last two years Ware has been a mediocre player for large stretches of the season. Yes, we will miss both players greatly (and we will miss Hatcher too), but 3-13? Every team deals with major injuries and loses big-time players to free agency. It's part of the game. The Cowboys have overcome it in recent memory to be an NFC East player for three consecutive years despite it. They have nothing to show for it like a team like the Pats who can overcome losing so many people and still get first round byes, but the Cowboys have at least been right there in the NFC East every year. They deserve a little more respect than 3-13. Even without Romo I would expect them to win more than three games. And there is absolutely no way the Eagles are eight games better without DJax. These are silly projections.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree, no one in the East looks really good to me. I also think Romo will be fine, if the defense can play half ass, 8 wins may happen again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. So the NFC West is going a combined 43-21? Let's see...Seattle sweeps the West, that's two losses for each of the other 3. SF sweeps St Louis and Arizona, that's 4 losses each for those two. St Louis and Arizona split with each other. That's five losses each. They have them both going 10-6. So Arizona and St Louis each go 10-1 against the rest of their schedules. Or something like that. Yeah Right

The Cowboys go from 8-8 x 3 to 3-13? I have a Black 2013 Ford F250 I'll bet against that.....

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think our defense will be as bad as last season.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absurd. So the NFC West is going a combined 43-21? Let's see...Seattle sweeps the West, that's two losses for each of the other 3. SF sweeps St Louis and Arizona, that's 4 losses each for those two. St Louis and Arizona split with each other. That's five losses each. They have them both going 10-6. So Arizona and St Louis each go 10-1 against the rest of their schedules. Or something like that. Yeah Right

The Cowboys go from 8-8 x 3 to 3-13? I have a Black 2013 Ford F250 I'll bet against that.....

Yeah that was pretty funny how every team in the NFC West is projected for at least 10 wins. It's almost nearly impossible.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be. Marinelli will be much better than Kiffin.

I agree, I just hope for once we make it through a season where we are not picking up players off the street to fill in for injuries. The last two years have been unbelievable the amount of injuries. It can't happen 3 years in a row can it?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, would it be the worst thing in the world to get a top 10 pick? Obviously you want to compete every year, and if Romo is healthy I think the Boys will be fine, but what if he's not? What if he comes in and is a shell of himself? Would it be the worst thing to get a game changing player in here? You have the o-line, Dez will be back and you have the receiving corp.

Might not be the worst thing ever to get a world class pass rusher to go along with Lawrence and then fix the D based around those 2.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, would it be the worst thing in the world to get a top 10 pick? Obviously you want to compete every year, and if Romo is healthy I think the Boys will be fine, but what if he's not? What if he comes in and is a shell of himself? Would it be the worst thing to get a game changing player in here? You have the o-line, Dez will be back and you have the receiving corp.

Might not be the worst thing ever to get a world class pass rusher to go along with Lawrence and then fix the D based around those 2.

Sure........ all top 10 picks are game changers. Just lose big to sure fire be a winner down the road. It's just that simple in the NFL

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure........ all top 10 picks are game changers. Just lose big to sure fire be a winner down the road. It's just that simple in the NFL

It really is that simple in the NFL. You get a last placed schedule the following year if you lose big this year. Parity is a formula and it can be exploited. Look at the Skins. Why do you think they are so up and down instead of 8-8 like us? It isn't their one high pick, it is their easy-then-hard scheduling. We are caught in the 8-8 doldrums. Always playing a middle of the pack schedule and getting middle of the pack players. Only thing that will help is hitting big on a guy that slipped, or a rash of injuries that craters the team.

With how things are going in DFW, I am thinking the injury bug is in the water and gonna be a long year for us. :doh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA Today...nuff said...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is that simple in the NFL. You get a last placed schedule the following year if you lose big this year. Parity is a formula and it can be exploited. Look at the Skins. Why do you think they are so up and down instead of 8-8 like us? It isn't their one high pick, it is their easy-then-hard scheduling. We are caught in the 8-8 doldrums. Always playing a middle of the pack schedule and getting middle of the pack players. Only thing that will help is hitting big on a guy that slipped, or a rash of injuries that craters the team.

With how things are going in DFW, I am thinking the injury bug is in the water and gonna be a long year for us. :doh:

well I respectfully disagree. This sport remains a team sport like no other and the redskins are a poor example. 2012 was an exception, nothing more

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The last place schedule is not a huge deal. What does it change, two games? And of those two games it's not certain that the other divisions previous years finish is indicative of how those teams will play the following year

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I respectfully disagree. This sport remains a team sport like no other and the redskins are a poor example. 2012 was an exception, nothing more

I agree it is a team sport, but if you are scheduled to play all the first place teams from the year before it is going to be a harder road than if you get to play all the last place teams from the year before.

germanjohn

Splendiferous Puddin' Pop
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thank god it's USA Today publishing this bullshit and not espn

3-13 is asinine. Like they want to get attention for making such a ludicrous pick. USA Today is now officially the Skip Bayless of sports journalism.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yuck, your snarkiness aside, this team could use more talent. It's not just the first round, it's a better second round pick, better third round pick. Obviously I'm pulling for them to do well, I'm not hoping they tank, but clearly going 8-8 every year isn't beneficial. I'd gladly sacrifice a year if it means they're more productive the following years.