• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source please. That will help.

I’m not subscribed to WSJ so what’s the cliff notes version?

Guys, it's not that hard to find Urban Meyer's statement. Why read WSJ's summary of Urban Meyer's statement when you can just read the actual statement for yourself? Google:

Urban Meyer Twitter

That gets you to Urban Meyer's Twitter account. His most recent tweet, the very top post, contains his full statement.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, it's not that hard to find Urban Meyer's statement. Why read WSJ's summary of Urban Meyer's statement when you can just read the actual statement for yourself? Google:

Urban Meyer Twitter

That gets you to Urban Meyer's Twitter account. His most recent tweet, the very top post, contains his full statement.
Sorry I thought it was actually something new.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have anything real stating this or is it the “anonymous friend” aka Turban Meyers, that put these claims out there with nothing to back it up?
Dont you talk shit about my good friend Turban. He is as real as the day is long.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great coach, shitty person.. but it looks like the shitty side finally got caught..
He is horrible. How could he report it up the chain like he is supposed to do...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osu1.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn’t the person who was beating women. If he had witnessed the abuse and did nothing. I’d say fire him.
When it is a he said/she said case and we don’t even know the extent of his knowledge, I have a hard time saying fire him.
Now Zach Smith — he should be fired and should never hold a position of authority in CFB again. Meyers biggest issue is the title ix clause in his contract and the fact he lied at the B1G conference meetings. He could lose his job because of that.

Your second sentence hits closer to home...it doesn't matter if he witnessed it or not imo. When you're in a major position of authority your responsibilities are deeper. Did he know about it is enough. Given that he already admitted lying about this...as an unbiased person you can breakthrough the cloud of he said/she said...what else is lying about? It just paints him in a negative light.

Now...firing him based off he said/she said basically opens up the can of worms on the money side...Meyer would go after his 30+ mil remaining and probably end up in some type of settlement. If the title IX clause is enough for OSU to fire him and not pay it, Meyer is probably gone...if it's not, he'll likely get a suspension of X number of games w/o pay and they will move on.

Last edited:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He told me he picked her up by her throat in those texts I read.

Or here is another angle...she had access to his cellphone maybe she sent all of those messages. Also she could send messages from burner phones. The only people in position to know the truth decided not press charges.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or here is another angle...she had access to his cellphone maybe she sent all of those messages. Also she could send messages from burner phones. The only people in position to know the truth decided not press charges.
Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an utter and complete crock of shit. "Not just lip service..."

This is a guy who gave a known abuser more chances. Great - the guy got counseling (I'm assuming), he wife was convinced it wouldn't happen again, etc. Then the coach fails to monitor his behavior, taking it entirely for granted that the guy has, indeed, stopped abusing his wife.

Let's think about this. Suppose he has quarterback who get gameday yips and starts throwing interceptions. So he coaches the kid, and next game - wow - the kid is on fire! Does the coach just assume there will never again be an issue with the yips?

His argument, therefore, becomes "You should forgive my lapse of judgement because I hold everyone accountable . . except myself."

Jackass.

Do you need a tissue for your whining? Your faux outrage is off the charts.

For real. What a pussy.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You’re really going down with this sinking ship ain’t ya?

Last edited: