• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer: 'Penn State deserved to be in playoff'

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Michigan State start playing in Pennsylvania?Michigan State and Penn State are two different teams.Also two different seasons. You're back to basing the system on speculation and opinion.Still doesn't change the fact that Penn State beat Ohio State on the field and won the conference.And still no valid reasons against play off expansion........

Michigan St was the "conference champion", what difference did it make?

The year prior to that, everyone thought Ohio St didn't belong, and Ohio St won the entire thing.

You just want something to complain about.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan St was the "conference champion", what difference did it make?

The year prior to that, everyone thought Ohio St didn't belong, and Ohio St won the entire thing.

You just want something to complain about.
Oh I'm not complaining.You can talk in circles or do that "butthurt" thing.As you normally do when you have no legitimate answer.I think most college football fans want whats best for the sport. And a clear cut champion thats earned on the field.So what are your "legitimate" reasons the play offs shouldn't be expanded?Why a conference champion that won a head to head match up shouldn't be in the play offs based on a human poll? Or why their shouldn't be changes made to provide an optimal system? I'm all for seeing the greatest sport in the world progress

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the fact the stated goal is to put in the 4 best teams. People like you just can't deal with the reality.
Ya four best team decided by a committee. Funny no other sport has a 'committee' to decide playoff teams. :scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not complaining.You can talk in circles or do that "butthurt" thing.As you normally do when you have no legitimate answer.I think most college football fans want whats best for the sport. And a clear cut champion thats earned on the field.So what are your "legitimate" reasons the play offs shouldn't be expanded?Why a conference champion that won a head to head match up shouldn't be in the play offs based on a human poll? Or why their shouldn't be changes made to provide an optimal system? I'm all for seeing the greatest sport in the world progress

Penn St lost 2 games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya four best team decided by a committee. Funny no other sport has a 'committee' to decide playoff teams. :scratch:

I'm fine going back to the BCS system, but I doubt the results would be any different. The truth is, by the time playoffs come, the top4 is pretty obvious and they get it right.

Btw, I notice you didn't want to touch Ohio St being better than Washington. :lol:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine going back to the BCS system, but I doubt the results would be any different. The truth is, by the time playoffs come, the top4 is pretty obvious and they get it right.

Btw, I notice you didn't want to touch Ohio St being better than Washington. :lol:
The BCS was a fvckn joke and I have no idea who would have won between UW and Ohio St.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BCS was a fvckn joke and I have no idea who would have won between UW and Ohio St.

The only problem with the BCS was it only allowed 2 teams.

And here, let me refresh your memory:

Washington's leading tackler went out for the season with a broken leg. The team leader and also conference leader in sacks went down for the season with a broken foot. The starting QB .. not sure if you heard of him but his name is 'Jake Browning' had a fvcked up shoulder from the SC game and had to get it operated on less than two weeks after the game with Bama.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play offs were a great first step. In correcting the flawed BCS system. Those human errors played a major role in the progression to the play off system. But as in every system you work tweak it as you go. Until the system is perfect. Between TCU and Baylor being left out due to not winning a conference championship. And the human error seen last year. When Ohio state was put in the play offs over a Penn State team. That won their H2H game and conference. Combined with how flat OSU fell. Showing how obvious the committee is flawed. We will see an expanded play offs. More in line with the FCS play offs. And a much clearer set of guidelines in the selection process

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play offs were a great first step. In correcting the flawed BCS system. Those human errors played a major role in the progression to the play off system. But as in every system you work tweak it as you go. Until the system is perfect. Between TCU and Baylor being left out due to not winning a conference championship. And the human error seen last year. When Ohio state was put in the play offs over a Penn State team. That won their H2H game and conference. Combined with how flat OSU fell. Showing how obvious the committee is flawed. We will see an expanded play offs. More in line with the FCS play offs. And a much clearer set of guidelines in the selection process
The committee thing is a sham for the sheep. They want TV sets and Ohio St. provides a shit more sets than Penn St.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had a brain you'd be dangerous.

Well if that means spending my days complaining about stupid shit to avoid reality, then I guess I'll just count my blessings.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had lost 2 games when the decision was made.

:L
Just applying you're debating process.Anyone can talk in circles or redirect.They beat Ohio State, win the division. And one of those last sees waas to the same team that beat a Clemson team that destroyed OSU. If we're being indirect. That's a much bigger example showing PSU was actually the better team.As I said get back to me when you have a legitimate reason. Why there shouldn't be play off expansion. Or a clear set of guidelines not based on opinions....... When you have legitimate reasons against expanded play offs a better selection process. We can discuss it

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just applying you're debating process.Anyone can talk in circles or redirect.They beat Ohio State, win the division. And one of those last sees waas to the same team that beat a Clemson team that destroyed OSU. If we're being indirect. That's a much bigger example showing PSU was actually the better team.As I said get back to me when you have a legitimate reason. Why there shouldn't be play off expansion. Or a clear set of guidelines not based on opinions....... When you have legitimate reasons against expanded play offs a better selection process. We can discuss it

your

I did not see you mention any of the Penn St losses when comparing resumes.

The guidelines are clear, the best 4 teams.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee thing is a sham for the sheep. They want TV sets and Ohio St. provides a shit more sets than Penn St.
It's common logic really. If other sports used a committee to decide play off spots. People would be outraged.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your

I did not see you mention any of the Penn St losses when comparing resumes.
You quoted a post that stated. One of Penn States last saws was to Pitt. A team that beat the same Clemson team. That blew the doors off Ohio State. Confirming you are talking in circles. Because you have no legitimate reasons against expanded play offs and a more reliable selection process. But I'm sure you would be fine if the cubs or sharks won their divisions and H2H games with a team. And didn't make the play offs because a committee liked another team more. It's common sense really :L I'm going to give you some time to think this topic through :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted a post that stated. One of Penn States last saws was to Pitt. A team that beat the same Clemson team. That blew the doors off Ohio State. Confirming you are talking in circles. Because you have no legitimate reasons against expanded play offs and a more reliable selection process. But I'm sure you would be fine if the cubs or sharks won their divisions and H2H games with a team. And didn't make the play offs because a committee liked another team more. It's common sense really :L I'm going to give you some time to think this topic through :L

So Pitt should have gone? Or how about Michigan, who also beat Penn St? That one doesn't count why? Is it because Michigan lost to Ohio St...among others?

See, that's called cherry picking. And it doesn't mean shit among people who decide these things.

The main legitimate reason against an expanded playoff is that it's not needed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's common logic really. If other sports used a committee to decide play off spots. People would be outraged.

Ummm.....NCAA basketball AND baseball?

Dumbass.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.....NCAA basketball AND baseball?

Dumbass.
64 team play off dumb ass :dhd:

So Pitt should have gone? Or how about Michigan, who also beat Penn St? That one doesn't count why? Is it because Michigan lost to Ohio St...among others?

See, that's called cherry picking. And it doesn't mean shit among people who decide these things.

The main legitimate reason against an expanded playoff is that it's not needed.
Now you're getting there.Cherry picking doesn't equate to anything.Which is one of the flaws of using a committee .As opinions do not determine the best team.You're getting there.As I said if teams in other sports were determined by a committee.Games are played and won on the field.They aren't decided by discussions and opinions..That would be watering down the sport ........Now take your time and think about the process.And how much it can be improved and get back to me tomorrow :thumb: