• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Meyer driven 'insane' by Herman, Muschamp blaming players

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that. They were very gracious on the field, allowing Maryland to beat them on the ground and thru the air equally. Heck, they even let the true freshman QB lead the team right down the field, so he didn't feel left out. :behindsofa:

There is the Texas curse. Texas will allow your running QB to go for 200 yards, but he will miss the rest of the season. Ask BYU, it's real

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.google.com/amp/s/articles.cleveland.com/osu/2017/01/everything_urban_meyer_jt_barr.amp

Not a lot of "I" in those comments. Lots of players didn't execute though

I like how he didn't realize how many passes they threw and went on to say "we did t follow the game plan"

I like some guys worked their tails off, some didn't. Something like that

Clemson is talented, but we didn't execute.

The term "we" doesn't feel like he included himself

?? If he didn't want to include himself he would have said they. I read down through and I still don't see any responses from Meyer that throw anyone else under the bus. When you don't execute you post a ZERO and lose by 30+. There was no sugar coating that turd of a game. But after watching the video that @Hook'Em0608 posted, I don't really see anything wrong w/what Herman said now either and I can't really find any evidence of TH throwing anyone under the bus either. People expected TH to come in and hand them a 10+ win season this year and he's more or less saying it's not that simple.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? If he didn't want to include himself he would have said they. I read down through and I still don't see any responses from Meyer that throw anyone else under the bus. When you don't execute you post a ZERO and lose by 30+. There was no sugar coating that turd of a game. But after watching the video that @Hook'Em0608 posted, I don't really see anything wrong w/what Herman said now either and I can't really find any evidence of TH throwing anyone under the bus either. People expected TH to come in and hand them a 10+ win season this year and he's more or less saying it's not that simple.

Meyer is just doing what he feels he needs to do to gain an advantage on the recruiting trail. This is much ado about nothing, and Herman's response says so. He knows the deal. It's not personal.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. You'd never hear Meyer, Saban, even Harbaugh say anything like that.
That being said, Herman is also part of a newer breed of coaches who seem more candid and dare I say emotional. The emotional only plays well if you win otherwise you are just...well emotional.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard Meyer say anything close to that. The only time he ever mentioned a coach was when he took the blame for the loss to MSU because Tim Beck was in over his head as OC. Maybe we are making too much of this, but there's something about that comment that I just don't like. Sprinkled fairy dust on it.. what does that even mean? Is it code for.. the coaching staff didn't prepare the team? these kids just don't have it? I agree with @Across The Field. If Urban said something like that after a tough loss I'd be pissed too.
I think the comment in question was intended to mean "we have no magic to change what we are right now". Poor choice of words? Very much so. However, I stand by my earlier comment that what Herman said was pretty tame and for whatever reason Meyer decided to pounce on it and start a rant. He is not the only coach who does this. Saban has created a whole persona based on ranting. That old fart from Penn St did it for years, Lou Holtz practically created a gig for himself in the off season based on ranting.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When a coach says "we didn't execute". That means the players didn't execute. Not like the coach is responsible for executing blocks.
When the head coach says we had a game plan to be balanced. "I didn't realize we threw that much. We didn't follow the plan". Hmm, he didn't realize they threw that much? That is odd. Herman was asked that same question and he talked about why he decided to throw. He didn't act surprised and say "we" didn't follow the plan. Neither are Orlando, Texas DC, who said the fault lies with me I am in charge of the defense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is the Texas curse. Texas will allow your running QB to go for 200 yards, but he will miss the rest of the season. Ask BYU, it's real
Could you guys start playing OSU on a yearly basis? Not Okie State

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer knows a thing or two about respectfully replacing legends.

Twelve years ago, Ohio State's current coach started a successful run at Florida just four seasons after Steve Spurrier left the Gators. In late 2011, he became the first permanent coach following the firing of Jim Tressel.

First of all, does not apply to Texas situation.

Second of all-Urban's just pissed at Tom for reasons will explain below...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, the primary reason for this is RECRUITING. Urban wants to snag those Texas boys who've committed to Texas rather than OSU. Last year he got what 3 of top 6 in the state? So far this year, none.

Second, he's really pissed at Tom because Urbs was having a camp in Texas and wanted to be the only big boy there. Herman forced his way into the camp, and the relationship has apparently been irreparably damaged.

Third, Urban is a prima donna who belittles and berates his subordinates. Been well known from those position coaches who were there and moved on.

Yes, he's a good coach in that he gets results. Nothing wrong with that.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a coach says "we didn't execute". That means the players didn't execute. Not like the coach is responsible for executing blocks.
When the head coach says we had a game plan to be balanced. "I didn't realize we threw that much. We didn't follow the plan". Hmm, he didn't realize they threw that much? That is odd. Herman was asked that same question and he talked about why he decided to throw. He didn't act surprised and say "we" didn't follow the plan. Neither are Orlando, Texas DC, who said the fault lies with me I am in charge of the defense.

You can tell by his press conferences he is really trying hard to not belittle his players or coaches. That is a complete change from the offseason when he would call people out for shitty effort.

It isn't coming natural to him at all being complimentary. But I think he believes his players have a confidence issue and he wants to build it.

I mean, he actually said he thought the OL and DL played well. You know he doesn't believe that. He didn't start watching football yesterday.

The OL was mind fucked, there was no reason to continue to try and run the ball. They couldn't stop a 3 man rush, let alone clear a running lane. I've never seen Connor Williams play so poorly. Worst game of his career by far.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell by his press conferences he is really trying hard to not belittle his players or coaches. That is a complete change from the offseason when he would call people out for shitty effort.

It isn't coming natural to him at all being complimentary. But I think he believes his players have a confidence issue and he wants to build it.

I mean, he actually said he thought the OL and DL played well. You know he doesn't believe that. He didn't start watching football yesterday.

The OL was mind fucked, there was no reason to continue to try and run the ball. They couldn't stop a 3 man rush, let alone clear a running lane. I've never seen Connor Williams play so poorly. Worst game of his career by far.

Connor wasn't that bad, but his worst game. OL gave up 2 straight up busts for sacks. Vahe kills me. If the guy in front of him drops, he stands there and watches a LB come through. Mcmillon had a bad one. Shane self-sacked himself a few times. Just getting Gray out of there will be a plus. It will get better.

Herman hammered the trenches all off-season. He tried to puff them up before the game. Think it was just his attempt to instill confidence. Nothing but coach speak meant for players, not for fans to take seriously

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall need to change it from "texico fight" to "texico just don't get embarrassed too bad".

Here, have some more orange slices....
126508-Orange-Slices.jpg

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tldr
get back to the shit talking!!!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck urban

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.... the statement about Florida is absolutely true.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolz

I got a score update on my phone and turned the game on while I did some shit around the house. I just kept thinking about @TexasExes98's comments regarding the B1G and nearly laughed my middle testicle clear off.

Maryland.

So funny.

Just b/c UT was whipped by MD doesn't mean that B1G defenses aren't overrated when they step outside their overrated conference. Fuck's sake, how many B1G defenses were raped yesterday for 40+ pts? I guarantee you the Sooners just held tOSU to their lowest point total for the rest of the year and you guys skate through the B1G as usual.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is a joke. I don't think OSU is going to blow out Oklahoma but the rest of the conference would be pummeled by any of the top 3 teams in the B1G, and Wisconsin would easily take care of all of them outside of the Oklahoma schools.

LOL, Wiscy had problems with FAU. TCU, WVU would run a train on Wiscy and KSU would probably beat the Badgers as well. B1G is still tOSU and the 13 Dwarves. Yes, even though the Sooners took the Buckeyes manhood, you guys will still skate through the B1G and sneak into the playoffs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just b/c UT was whipped by MD doesn't mean that B1G defenses aren't overrated when they step outside their overrated conference. Fuck's sake, how many B1G defenses were raped yesterday for 40+ pts? I guarantee you the Sooners just held tOSU to their lowest point total for the rest of the year and you guys skate through the B1G as usual.

Maryland.

Lolz