• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You capitalized three letters in ARE....does that mean there will be three changes?!?! :whoo:

You got it all wrong. Are spelling backwards is era, which obviously indicates that it is about to be the end of an era (ie. Beamer is getting fired). How no one else realized this is beyond me...

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please let these changes happen

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fitting....they have a photo of Stinespring that is out of focus.

ZOMG, foreshadowing. Clearly this guy knows the moves in advance and is giving us hints!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turning tricks in the alleyways.

Actually..from pimpin your old lady in the alleyways (assuming you have one???). DOH! And tell her..she betta have my mutha-fuckin' money.

:dhd:

But as you can see..my vcash is way down from re-upping on boatloads of crack and smack. Gotta keep my hoes happy!!

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

"Gratuitous Gruden rumor: Everyone knows that Gruden’s wife is from East Tennessee, which is close to western Virginia, which is where Virginia Tech is, which explains why she was seen looking at real estate there recently in case Frank Beamer calls it quits. That’s from a blogger who specializes in sucking up to the Tech administration. "
Dashing through the college football bowl season - Yahoo! Sports

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

"Gratuitous Gruden rumor: Everyone knows that Gruden’s wife is from East Tennessee, which is close to western Virginia, which is where Virginia Tech is, which explains why she was seen looking at real estate there recently in case Frank Beamer calls it quits. That’s from a blogger who specializes in sucking up to the Tech administration. "
Dashing through the college football bowl season - Yahoo! Sports

I hope it happens. I want to laugh hysterically when he gives scholarships to 15 QBs.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to have this guy. He is a proven OC and he could give a real identity to our offense (unlike our current offense). I actually think the pistol could work with LT (if he stays). I still don't know enough about Leal to judge how he would fit it. However, as many have mentioned here before, it's unlikely we reach out to him. I don't think Beamer will hire somebody that has no ties to VT or VA in general.

From what I've read, I'm guessing the guy from ODU will be hired. He has a lot of connections in the 757 and has a successful offense (in the FCS with vastly superior athletes). I posted an article about him a while back and casted my doubts about his offense. I'm sure we'll find out in the next month or so.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice write up Sparko!!! I thought you were a computer geek. Didn't know you moonlighted as a blog journalist.

A few weeks ago, my brother mentioned (on another well-known VT message board) the name Chris Klenakis as a possible replacement for Bryan Stinespring as offensive coordinator.

Damn. That brother of yours is a fucking GENIUS!!!

Seriously, I like this guy. At a glance he should be everything VT would be looking for in an OC. Like many commented on the article though, I'm not sure Beamer even knows who this guy is or is going to look outside of the state OR region at best. I am trying to remain optimistic about a good hire, but my faith is starting to dwindle. FWIW..I am not crazy about a hire from the ODU staff. Not saying they wouldn't be successful, I just think that there are better/more proven options out there. With the type of offense they run, that kind of hire could be a homerun or the kind of hire that could put your program into 10 years of what we dealt with this year. I want someone who has proven what they can do at the HIGHEST level of NCAA football.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With this delay in making the changes I've got this feeling that Beamer has a coach or 2 already picked out who are 1) not in demand and therefore safe to wait on hiring 2) are some low level Newsome-type Virginia product that further proves Beamer has an unhealthy obsession with the state of Virginia. I wonder if he still believes he can win a national championship with VA talent only. If he does then he should retire because his mind is gone

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm far from any blogger but I got to thinking the other day and started digging into this guy that you mentioned .. My question is :: why hasn't this guy landed a job yet? With the crazy ass coaching carousel that is going on and his background/experience, I'm surprised his name isn't popping up more. I tweeted @footballscoop inquiring and heard nothing back. The only real blemish on the guy's resume is the fact that he is/was pretty tight with Petrino (played with him). Other than that, it's obvious Petrino saw some major talent to bring him to Arkansas. You might ask why he took an OL position and left an OC position? It probably equates to money ... cold hard cash. He could fill the void as OL coach as well. His numbers as OC at Nevada are fucking impressive.

How about THIS for a wet dream?

Klenakis is hired as co-OC, running game coordinator, OL coach
Wilder is hired as co-OC, passing game coordinator, QB coach

They work together to perfect a new offensive system that incorporates like/similar concepts from the air raid/pistol offenses

Stinespring is moved to OL assistant, TE coach, recruiting coordinator

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And just to keep the rumor mill going :D ... this is laughable and would be enormous if it did happen, but Pep Hamilton's name has come up as well.

former 49er QB coach, Stanford WR coach .. now Stanford OC ... coached at Howard (in DC), from Charlotte where his dad still resides

Pep Hamilton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia