• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

unwritten rules

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the one I never understood was the one a few yrs ago when nyger morgan stole second and third down like 9-0 in the middle of the game.

Well, Nyger Morgan is a tool, he should be beaned every time he steps up to the plate just for acting the way he does.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis may have had a slight point a few years ago before the rampant use of shifts. But he just sounds like a whining bitch when his infield is basically playing 2 SS and a 2B up the middle. If you give up that much ground, don't complain when a hitter bunts a ball down the 3rd base line at any point in the game. If you don't want it to happen anymore, try actually fielding a 3rd baseman.

I don't see why Lewis would have had a point at any time but then again I'm the type of guy who would have absolutely no problem laying down a bunt to break up a pitcher's perfect game.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. But it has always been a point of contention, trying to bunt late to break up a no hitter.

Yeah but it's stupid.

I mean what's the difference between bunting late to break up a no hitter and swinging for the fences? It's great that the guy has pitched an excellent game or gotten superb defense that far but the opposing team doesn't need to lay down and die.