• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UNLV Basketball

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get hot and run through conference play, the ASU lose was foolish, and they played right into Arizona style of game, I believe if they correct their shot selection, and start playing so serious defense,( how can a head coach who played on a defensive team not coach them up in this area?)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay time to get rid of Dave Rice & it wouldn't bother me if they get rid of him even before the season ends. Ever since Lon Kruger took the OK job the Sooners have gotten better each year & the Runnin' Rebels have gotten worse. And that's all on the HC.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this sounds like big boosters wanting him out now, why Simon? Is this guy been a head coach?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this sounds like big boosters wanting him out now, why Simon? Is this guy been a head coach?
Yeah I was listening to local sports radio here and the topic of UNLV head coach is the only thing to talk about for them. They even had Gary Parish on for a good 15-30 minutes discussing different candidates and it was honestly all over the place.
As far as Simon goes, I believe he has only coached at the high school level. Correct me if I am wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was listening to local sports radio here and the topic of UNLV head coach is the only thing to talk about for them. They even had Gary Parish on for a good 15-30 minutes discussing different candidates and it was honestly all over the place.
As far as Simon goes, I believe he has only coached at the high school level. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is it true that the Runnin' Rebels interm HC was Findlay Prep's HC?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was the hc at Findlay for 1 season. I really don't know much about the guy but he is really young and doesn't have a ton of HC experience.

During the game last night they mentioned he was only the HC @ Findlay for 1 year. Holy crap! Although it seemed like the Runnin' Rebels played w/ a renewed sense of purpose. Personally I've been an anti Dave Rice UNLV fan for a couple of years now. I was happy when I finally heard he quit/got fired. Too early to even say if Simon is the right coach to turn things around. Although I think they gotta enough talent to take care of business in the MCW. Whatever happens the rest of the year I would still like to see a more seasoned CBB take over next year.

I miss games @ the T & M....UNLV...GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

Attachments

• B9lJfZsCMAAI_13.jpg
    B9lJfZsCMAAI_13.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 34

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the game last night they mentioned he was only the HC @ Findlay for 1 year. Holy crap! Although it seemed like the Runnin' Rebels played w/ a renewed sense of purpose. Personally I've been an anti Dave Rice UNLV fan for a couple of years now. I was happy when I finally heard he quit/got fired. Too early to even say if Simon is the right coach to turn things around. Although I think they gotta enough talent to take care of business in the MCW. Whatever happens the rest of the year I would still like to see a more seasoned CBB take over next year.

I miss games @ the T & M....UNLV...GO/FIGHT/WIN!!!

I was sort of the same way with Rice... I didn't think he was a very good coach and a lot of the failures the team had was in my opinion his fault, but I was still rooting for him to succeed with UNLV. Sometimes I forget that this was Rice's first HC job. And honestly he still had a decent winning percentage but the standard to win at UNLV is much higher than a lot of other NCAA head coach jobs. I think it was the right call to move on from Rice just a little surprised it happened mid season.

I would like to see a more seasoned coach take over too and I think that is the direction they will want to go.

As for Simon he has nothing to lose and this could be a stepping stone for him to get a HC job somewhere. From what I have heard he has a really good basketball mind and communicates with players well. We will see though be nice to see this team finish the season strong.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 2-0 since Rice was fired, it would be nice to seem them put a streak together here, get hot going into the conference tourney.