• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

University of Oklahoma Football Imploding

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao. You realize OU made Lincoln Riley right? Some of you are hilarious.
It could happen in Norman, same as it did in Lincoln, or Knoxville, or Austin or LA

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see Riley actually have to coach, recruit, and game plan without Stoops success to leverage in his favor.

I don't think Riley is going to do well out in L.A, 3 years, 4 max. Shoot it will take him 2 years to get established and by that time the seat will be hot going into year 3.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has more than any of them
OU will probably still be a good program, but they went from being top dog in their conference and perennial CFP participant to competing with Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and LSU to play second fiddle in the conference to Alabama and possibly make the CFP as the second team out of the SEC. As an outsider it’s nice because of the competition, but if I were a fan of OU, I would be pissed.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will probably still be a good program, but they went from being top dog in their conference and perennial CFP participant to competing with Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and LSU to play second fiddle in the conference to Alabama and possibly make the CFP as the second team out of the SEC. As an outsider it’s nice because of the competition, but if I were a fan of OU, I would be pissed.

It’s all cyclical, Alabama was playing second fiddle to us for a hell of a lot of years.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow down there little fella.

Sorry just the truth. The only team that can claim the success we have had over as long of a period is Ohio State. Just the truth. Nebraska flourished when they had the best weight room in the world, literally. Now everyone has it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry just the truth. The only team that can claim the success we have had over as long of a period is Ohio State. Just the truth. Nebraska flourished when they had the best weight room in the world, literally. Now everyone has it.
Oh I hear ya, But lets be honest the big 10 is a much tougher conference then the big 12. And only recently has Nebraska had what most would call struggles, ( Last 7 years) OU is going to have to prove it to recruits that is is a better option than a lot of SEC schools. I mean it was easy for OU to recruit Texas because they beat Texas and they played half of their schedule in Texas (Sarcasm). I think that the recruits are going to ask themselves why would they go play in Oklahoma when their home is in the south. I don't see this going well for Oklahoma much like moving to the big 10 has not gone well for Nebraska. If Oklahoma can land a big time coach it will help and they do have talent obviously, but I think OU is running out of steam. Just my opinion that there are a ton of schools in the SEC that would be just as good or better options than moving to Norman.

This seems to me to be a awful lot like the Nebraska situation when we moved to the BIG 10

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I hear ya, But lets be honest the big 10 is a much tougher conference then the big 12. And only recently has Nebraska had what most would call struggles, ( Last 7 years) OU is going to have to prove it to recruits that is is a better option than a lot of SEC schools. I mean it was easy for OU to recruit Texas because they beat Texas and they played half of their schedule in Texas (Sarcasm). I think that the recruits are going to ask themselves why would they go play in Oklahoma when their home is in the south. I don't see this going well for Oklahoma much like moving to the big 10 has not gone well for Nebraska. If Oklahoma can land a big time coach it will help and they do have talent obviously, but I think OU is running out of steam. Just my opinion that there are a ton of schools in the SEC that would be just as good or better options than moving to Norman.

This seems to me to be a awful lot like the Nebraska situation when we moved to the BIG 10

No one wants to see Nebraska good again more than me. I think what going to the sec will do for ou is allow them to start getting the primo recruits on the lines. No longer can Bama tell them if you go to OU you won’t be playing against the best and it will hurt your path to the NFL. It’s damn sure a slippery slope, I’ll give you that.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc any thoughts on Jadon Haselwood? Georgia 247 board thinks Arkansas may be in play for him with his HS coach on our staff. Is he better than Jaqualyn Crawford? Lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@thunderc any thoughts on Jadon Haselwood? Georgia 247 board thinks Arkansas may be in play for him with his HS coach on our staff. Is he better than Jaqualyn Crawford? Lol.

One of many 5 stars Riley recruited that just haven’t amounted to much. His freshman year was promising, nothing much since.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Lanning rumors are getting big around here

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wasting time worrying for no reason. Stoops said it best today, a program is more than any one person. OU took a chance on an unknown OC from a small TX town who was calling plays in East Carolina. He then proceeded to turn into an arrogant narciccist. Great offensive mind, but not tough in any way and not a people person. Wish him luck, give us a bit, we will be back.
Isn't that what Nebraska said?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we damn sure know Minnesota never said that , never have beens don’t have this problem lol
Never have beens? Dude, UMn was arguably the greatest cfb program EVER until WW2 came along and screwed things up for the program, and out of that chaos UMn unconsciously MADE Oklahoma. You all would still be an irrelevant program for the most part had a UMn Alum not taken the job as Coach of your lame as school and turned it into a perennial cfb power.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota football > Oklahoma football

Sure the Sooners have more All American's, Heisman winners, national titles & the longest FBS winning streak (47) that will never be broken but...

the Gophers have fred

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how a coach whos had two recent Heisman winners and perennial playoff births is now leaving for a huge paycheck and off days in California because "he's scared" . LOL. Making this move and with it's expectations is the opposite of being scared. Scared people stay. People who believe in themselves go and search for bigger and better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how a coach whos had two recent Heisman winners and perennial playoff births is now leaving for a huge paycheck and off days in California because "he's scared" . LOL. Making this move and with it's expectations is the opposite of being scared. Scared people stay. People who believe in themselves go and search for bigger and better.

It's gonna be easier for Riley to take USC to playoff than in the SEC with Oklahoma. And I hope Lane Kiffin's the next N.D. coach.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be easier for Riley to take USC to playoff than in the SEC with Oklahoma. And I hope Lane Kiffin's the next N.D. coach.
Which means if he doesn't do well he will look bad. You don't take it if you think you can't do the job when you're already established where you are. No one after Pete has been able to do it so maybe it's only easy if you can coach. It's like putting an F1 driver down for moving to a team with better faster cars.