• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

University of Oklahoma Football Imploding

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an implosion at UoO. Riley left before the Bowl game. Rattler has entered the transfer portal. Multiple de-commitments from incoming players. No permanent coach.

Was leaving the B12 for the SEC the root of this disaster?

I hate to see a program go down so fast. Hopefully they can bring someone in to fix things quickly.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an implosion at UoO. Riley left before the Bowl game. Rattler has entered the transfer portal. Multiple de-commitments from incoming players. No permanent coach.

I hate to see a program go down so fast. Hopefully they can bring someone in to fix things quickly.
Okie Lite - is laughing their ass off. At least the couple buddies that are alumni I know are.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wasting time worrying for no reason. Stoops said it best today, a program is more than any one person. OU took a chance on an unknown OC from a small TX town who was calling plays in East Carolina. He then proceeded to turn into an arrogant narciccist. Great offensive mind, but not tough in any way and not a people person. Wish him luck, give us a bit, we will be back.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wasting time worrying for no reason. Stoops said it best today, a program is more than any one person. OU took a chance on an unknown OC from a snall TX town calling plays in East Carolina. He then proceeded to turn into an arrogant narciccist. Great offensive mind, but not tough in any way and not a people person. Wish him luck, give us a bit, we will be back.
You just described Chip Kelly

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie Lite - is laughing their ass off. At least the couple buddies that are alumni I know are.

OF course they are, it’s the first joy they have experienced in 20 years lol.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are wasting time worrying for no reason. Stoops said it best today, a program is more than any one person. OU took a chance on an unknown OC from a small TX town who was calling plays in East Carolina. He then proceeded to turn into an arrogant narciccist. Great offensive mind, but not tough in any way and not a people person. Wish him luck, give us a bit, we will be back.
If you are having problems handlings pressure at OU ... what makes you think you can handle it ain LA ... he will be gone in less that 3 years ...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are having problems handlings pressure at OU ... what makes you think you can handle it ain LA ... he will be gone in less that 3 years ...

Oh I don’t know, he should be able to win out there. He is a guy that is very paranoid about the little things and doesn’t like being questioned. That’s how I knew the LSU stuff was bs, no way he was a fit there.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about OU, they may be able to right the ship. They're still #13 in Rivals recruiting rankings, and that's good for a program in coaching transition. Don't know if they have a situation like OSU where there's a Day in-house, but it would probably help solidify things quickly.

Texas is the program that should immediately recalculate. I suppose it's possible they may be able to leverage 'big brother' status and sway some of aTm's recruits. But what they've put on the field the last few years indicates they're not getting the kind of talent they need to compete in the SEC, especially if they end up in the West.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about OU, they may be able to right the ship. They're still #13 in Rivals recruiting rankings, and that's good for a program in coaching transition. Don't know if they have a situation like OSU where there's a Day in-house, but it would probably help solidify things quickly.

Texas is the program that should immediately recalculate. I suppose it's possible they may be able to leverage 'big brother' status and sway some of aTm's recruits. But what they've put on the field the last few years indicates they're not getting the kind of talent they need to compete in the SEC, especially if they end up in the West.
That's why I think they made a mistake in going to the SEC. TX has been down now for how many years? playing a Big 12 Schedule, what do you think is going to happen having an SEC schedule? OU's situation is a little different, but the end game will be the same.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My 2 cents........... Riley left because OU is heading to the SEC. He can win much easier if they had just stayed in the Big 12................... or going to the flagship program of the PAC. If he can revive the Trojans, their only real competition is the Ducks and occasionally the Bruins......

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can handle pressure just fine in the Big 12 at OU. He's leaving because his program decided to walk into Armageddon.

USC was sitting their waiting to be revived. flagship program with dust all over it........ He'll be able to win much easier their than the SEC......

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can handle pressure just fine in the Big 12 at OU. He's leaving because his program decided to walk into Armageddon.

USC was sitting their waiting to be revived. flagship program with dust all over it........ He'll be able to win much easier their than the SEC......
Well USC track record of coaching hires since Pete Carol hasn't been that great ... I think usc just hired another Lane Kiffin ...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think they made a mistake in going to the SEC. TX has been down now for how many years? playing a Big 12 Schedule, what do you think is going to happen having an SEC schedule? OU's situation is a little different, but the end game will be the same.
SEC schedule, let us look. 4 cupcakes OOC, sprinkle in a Vanderbilt, Missouri and Florida and they go 7-5. Slight improvement, on par for their currant coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can revive the Trojans, their only real competition is the Ducks and occasionally the Bruins......

Utah will continue to pop up every 3-4 years and make noise. Whittingham does a great job developing the 3 star guys that he gets.

If ASU has or can get the right coach and the NCAA doesn't smack them too hard, they can be in the mix as well.

Washington is the right coach away from making noise again as well.

UCLA is going to be interesting. Imo, Chip Kelly has them headed in the right direction, but there are folks calling for his head even after destroying USC and Cal back to back. With what USC has just done, do they panic and fire him? If they do, is there someone better that they can actually hire?

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents........... Riley left because OU is heading to the SEC. He can win much easier if they had just stayed in the Big 12................... or going to the flagship program of the PAC. If he can revive the Trojans, their only real competition is the Ducks and occasionally the Bruins......

Yup, that’s why he left and he started talking to USC in Sept, that’s why it’s been all quiet on the usc coaching front. He was recruiting for USC all that time, and somehow that is allowed.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that’s why he left and he started talking to USC in Sept, that’s why it’s been all quiet on the usc coaching front. He was recruiting for USC all that time, and somehow that is allowed.
really? didn't know all of that..........

Wasn't it well known that Riley was immediately upset after it was made public that OU was heading to the SEC?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? didn't know all of that..........

Wasn't it well known that Riley was immediately upset after it was made public that OU was heading to the SEC?

No, they are still saying he was ok with the move but it’s obvious he was not. He saw an easier path and he took it I guess. He was known to be very paranoid about a lot lol of little things. The DC openly criticized practices for not being allowed to hit hard enough, but Grinch is moving with him. I guess he wants back in the PAC too so he can get a head coaching job sooner. Lots of stories coming out now from local media that I guess they were scared to report before. He was not treating people very well. Is what it is, he wasn’t tough enough for the SEC, that’s for certain.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma has been a power school in football for decades. I think it's too soon to hit the panic button.