• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Umpires

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cards can't win the series the Umps will give it to them.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right call or not the rule is flawed if a guy is trying to field a throw and ends up on the ground in a bang/bang play and the runner trips over him when he can't get out of the way, the umpires over shadowed a good game.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes those darn rules. all wrong. have been for 134 years.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, MLB umpiring skills have declined over the past few years. I don't know if training is not as good or these guys are "rushed" to the Majors before they have enough time to really hone their skills.

Jim Joyce is one of the worst umpires I've ever seen, but applying the letter of the obstruction rule as it is written, Joyce made the correct call.

I don't care which team wins the WS, but it is too bad that any game, let alone a WS game, has to end on a controversial obstruction call.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming umps when your team loses is immature a best and richly deserving of red thumbs.

They're human, and humans make mistakes.

GET OVER IT!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes those darn rules. all wrong. have been for 134 years.

agree
it's actually a pretty no-brainer call, sure... too bad it happens in the Series....still the right call.

Interesting that people are complaining about the umps, because with instant replay coming in...
he's safe AGAIN, no question.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right call or not the rule is flawed if a guy is trying to field a throw and ends up on the ground in a bang/bang play and the runner trips over him when he can't get out of the way, the umpires over shadowed a good game.

The umpires overshadowed the game by making the right call? Nah

it's not a flawed rule if you understand the principle of a slippery-slope.
take that rule away, or try and modify it...then players will figure out a way to stop a runner from advancing.
this isn't football, blocking runners from running isn't really part of the game unless you're a catcher. (and no, I don't think for a second he was trying to impede Craig)

It works both ways, fielder get a chance to field a ball without interference and a runner gets the same chance
I can give a lot of suck-scenerios, doesn't mean the rules should be changed

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming umps when your team loses is immature a best and richly deserving of red thumbs.

They're human, and humans make mistakes.

GET OVER IT!

good for you Rsox fan

(he didn't make a mistake though)
still, good sportsmanship

:10:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it didn't help that he stuck his legs up to trip him, LOL. He did it purposely and got caught. I don't blame him, he had to do whatever it t00k to win. If he doesn't trip Craig he scores easily. Of course intent has nothing to do with it because you can't impded the runners progress period, intent or no intent. Good call and the correct call.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, MLB umpiring skills have declined over the past few years. I don't know if training is not as good or these guys are "rushed" to the Majors before they have enough time to really hone their skills.

Jim Joyce is one of the worst umpires I've ever seen, but applying the letter of the obstruction rule as it is written, Joyce made the correct call.

I don't care which team wins the WS, but it is too bad that any game, let alone a WS game, has to end on a controversial obstruction call.

You're probably correct but the sad thing is they are the best of the 4 major sports. Compared to NFL, NBA and NHL these guys are like the Gods of officials, LOL.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn't help that he stuck his legs up to trip him, LOL. He did it purposely and got caught. I don't blame him, he had to do whatever it t00k to win. If he doesn't trip Craig he scores easily. Of course intent has nothing to do with it because you can't impded the runners progress period, intent or no intent. Good call and the correct call.

he didn't even trip on his legs, tripped on his hip, picking up his legs probably would have helped if he had been running on the outside part of the baseline instead of the inside.