• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK's Decade MLB Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 years ago today the Minnesota Twins won their first World Series!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, now that this draft is over I can share an opinion.

This was a great draft in theory but it turned out to be stupid simply because if you were lucky enough to not have someone take the same decade as you it was a huge advantage, the winner of the draft drafted his starters and relievers from decades nobody else chose.

I think this is the reason myself and others lost interest about 8 rounds in...

Just my opinions, no offense to Troy as I thought this would be great, just didn't think about how the pitching would be affected.

@Shanemansj13 @UK Cowboy @TJL @wlk3 @Pack 500 @MilkSpiller22 @Ritzarmy @TheRobotDevil @Mebert @femurov @CitySushi

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a great draft in theory but it turned out to be stupid simply because if you were lucky enough to not have someone take the same decade as you it was a huge advantage, the winner of the draft drafted his starters and relievers from decades nobody else chose.

Just my opinions, no offense to Troy as I thought this would be great, just didn't think about how the pitching would be affected.

@Shanemansj13 @UK Cowboy @TJL @wlk3 @Pack 500 @MilkSpiller22 @Ritzarmy @TheRobotDevil @Mebert @femurov @CitySushi

Yeah I had to compete with my pitching against Mebert, which forced me to have to take pitching way before a lot of other people and still try to put together a solid lineup. I had to take 3 starters in my first 4 picks.

Then with the BP, once the options started to get limited within decades, I had to compete with 3 other people for a pool of players, which made drafting a solid pen even more difficult.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, My entire team got fucked the moment 9 people chose the 00's for relief pitchers. It was too late for me to change at that point as I was committed for every decade but the 20's

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I had to compete with my pitching against Mebert, which forced me to have to take pitching way before a lot of other people and still try to put together a solid lineup. I had to take 3 starters in my first 4 picks.

Then with the BP, once the options started to get limited within decades, I had to compete with 3 other people for a pool of players, which made drafting a solid pen even more difficult.

I agree with this, I had to grab Plank way too early after you took Cy Young........I would also point out you would not have had to compete with me had you not taken a pitcher from that decade after me.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having Devil take 80's pitchers after I already took 80's pitchers really hurt.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said many times in previous attempts for mocks like this that i hate when people draft from different player pools... makes the draft pointless because the players one owner is allowed to take, not everyone is allowed to take those players...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent Ford the winners...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said many times in previous attempts for mocks like this that i hate when people draft from different player pools... makes the draft pointless because the players one owner is allowed to take, not everyone is allowed to take those players...

I don't like that either, just didn't realize it would have such a huge affect on this draft. Oh well...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, I had to grab Plank way too early after you took Cy Young........I would also point out you would not have had to compete with me had you not taken a pitcher from that decade after me.

Thanks for also not taking Walsh and Nichols and letting me take them with my last picks too. :suds:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should nullify @Shanemansj13 championship and just give it to me then. I shared my SP with another manager, and my BP with like 3 others.

:dhd:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Milk, everyone did have the same pool of players to choose from it just wasn't smart to go picking a decade someone else already picked.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should nullify @Shanemansj13 championship and just give it to me then. I shared my SP with another manager, and my BP with like 3 others.

:dhd:

xM35K.gif

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i congratulated shane for winning this mock in round 5...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree completely. I got lucky that nobody stole my pitching staff or BP. I only had to focus on hitting. There wasn't much strategy as the usual drafts and more luck was involved. It started off fun but it didn't turn out like most of us expected. It was still fun to try something different though. I just reaped all the benefits. Pretty crazy that some guys still produced good teams while competing with others for pitching staffs though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but will play Devil's Advocate...we are always looking for ways to switch it up, and most guys hate limiting the pool of players. This allowed us to use an all time pool, but switch up the teams. I actually just congratulate the two guys in the finals for being more strategic than us