• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UK Basketball 2013-14

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of things that could be (and usually have been) said about UK and its typically freshmen dominated teams...but them being popular with fans of other schools imo probably has around a negative 2% rating

Having been a long time UK fan, I've seen a plethora of hate filled posts by trolls.... and rabid fans of other teams!

Being a fan of the only team who is generally despised nationally as much as Duke gives you a very odd sense of balance and placement. I feel like it isn't Justified {sorry for the :lame:pun} in Kentucky, but that's just the way it is {with apologies to Bruce Hornsby}....but I digress...

UK has the potential to become a top 3 team by the end of the season. Great depth in the middle and front line.....Finally a couple of good 3 point shooting guards.....and a couple of guys in James Young and Marcus Lee who imo will surprise a lot of people with their skills at shooting and penetration. I look for this team to utiilize the dribble drive a lot more than some of the previous UK teams. I'm hoping they will press a lot more....and I believe they will also have some good outside defenders...something they've needed for awhile. Naturally I'm hoping they begin to gel in March.... and peak in late March and early April.

Unless you are a UK fan I'm fairly confident you don't want this to happen.:laugh3:

But {with more apologies to Bob Seger} Katmandu

buona notte basketball fans

How'd I do Jonvi?:rollseyes:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the Freshman-Dominant teams.

Over the last two seasons at UK, we have seen what can happen when one of those teams puts it all together ....

and how bad it can get when they don't.

It's a lot like a draft. Starting over like that every year .... it's a crapshoot. You really don't know what you are going to get.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:The NCAA Tournament without UK just ain't right.:wtf2:

It's:bullshit:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to you guys coming to Memorial Gym to face Vandy every year.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most UK fans look forward to UK playing in Vandy's gym. The arrangement seems awkward for fans, coaches, and ballplayers.

Having said that; it always seems to end up being a barn-burner of a game.

Hopefully this year UK takes both games...

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey UK fans!! I come in peace. Just curious to see what you guys think of this seasons Arizona squad.

Ks42431

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a season ticket holder , I am looking forward to the upcoming basketball season and see how this talented uk team will play this year. GO BIG BLUE

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about the Freshman-Dominant teams.

Over the last two seasons at UK, we have seen what can happen when one of those teams puts it all together ....

and how bad it can get when they don't.

It's a lot like a draft. Starting over like that every year .... it's a crapshoot. You really don't know what you are going to get.

:agree:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a few weeks of basketball have gone by and UK has taken 3 losses. Tomorrow there is the possibility of a loss coming from the grubby feathers of the UL dirty birds.! Hopefully that doesn't happen.

If a loss can be avoided by UK it would have to start with good/great play of UK's point guard Andrew Harrison. He is showing flashes of his potential...but when something goes wrong...he seems to fall back on his old standby.......pouting. For UK to win Andrew needs to evaluate and distribute the ball quickly. Too many times he hesitates before doing anything, and then makes way too many careless passes.

On defense he needs to get in the faces of the UL guards and stop their penetration. Shooting wise I think UL's guards are way too good to play back off of them, and let them shoot the threes. I'm looking for a good close game with a lot of hard fought possessions by both teams.

Being a homer I'll pick UK by 4-6 points.:nod: