• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UGA going after Kirby fellers...

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going to pass on some info to you fhegs. :happy:

With the departure of Grantham over at Jawja, they are going to make Kirby a sweet offer. Most may roll their eyes at that, but UGA is Kirby's alma mater and there is some rumblings of a "HC in-waiting" title for him. Some at UGA see Richt retiring in the next year or so, so that could be significant.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks fheg. For what it's worth, I just came across this:

"Williams is supposedly retiring but will stay on staff as admin. Brown is gone. Smart (if he stays) will coach secondary again with Saban. Steele will replace Smart coaching ILBs, Thompson stays with OLBs (although some said Thompson could coach all LBs).

Conflicting info on DL, but most seem to think Orgeron leads for that position. Hold up is how many schools are making play for Orgeron.

Some say Kitchens to be brought in for STs and TEs. He was seriously considered for OC, so give him alternate position.

Nobody really knows on Cristobal. Bone tweeted he's staying, so have to assume he's correct.

Kamara and Jones considering transfers, with Kamara being most likely. Conflicting info on Tenpenny having issues about staying. Hart most likely transfer.

Some other sources, not beat writers, say Del Rio will transfer, but best info right now he's just considering it. Another QB is rumored to be transferring, but hasn't been named and only rumor right now.

Things keep changing day-to-day. Saban has really cracked down trying to stop leaks of any info, so we'll see if anything else comes out."

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is what it is. We'll make Ed O the new DC.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smart is the coach in waiting here, so I'm not worried about him making a lateral move.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e4gjSii.jpg

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smart is the coach in waiting here, so I'm not worried about him making a lateral move.

Agreed. I think he is the coach in waiting here as well otherwise he would have left by now. I don't think it's been put out there by Saban or anyone else because of that stupid coach in waiting recruiting rule or whatever it is they implemented a few years ago. Not sure he'd make a lateral move though, who knows.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If smart does leave i have heard we might try to get Jeremy Pruitt from FSU?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might want to check your sources there Cammalamma-dingdong.

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart wasn't contacted by Mark Richt when the Georgia coach was looking for a new defensive coordinator, according to a report Friday from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Outside of the call he made to Florida State's Jeremy Pruitt, who quickly accepted the job, Richt reached out to one other coach, former Houston Texans defensive backs coach Vance Joseph, according to the report.

The Journal-Constitution cites the findings of an open-records request as its basis for this conclusion. During Pruitt's introductory press conference, Richt said he made just one other phone call, but did not reveal the name.