• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UFC Fight Island 7-18-20. Need some picks!

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luana Carolina? Really?

Idk her, but I watched tape on her last night and was NOT impressed. Of course, I wasn't impressed with Tailha Santos either and she still beat McCann. But Lipski is a much more polished fight, I think.

Yeah....i'm 0 - 2 so far. :nod:

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a brutal beatdown.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a brutal beatdown.

Dude, if Benavidez made it out of that round it would have likely been a 10-7 round... think about that... IN A CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT.

That is one of the most lopsided beatdowns I have seen in a long while and probably the biggest championship beatdown that I have ever seen, at least that I can recall. Franklin was beatdown pretty hard by Anderson Silva, but I would still say he faired better than Benavidez lol.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if Benavidez made it out of that round it would have likely been a 10-7 round... think about that... IN A CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT.

That is one of the most lopsided beatdowns I have seen in a long while and probably the biggest championship beatdown that I have ever seen, at least that I can recall. Franklin was beatdown pretty hard by Anderson Silva, but I would still say he faired better than Benavidez lol.

10-7 round. lmao.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ba0518e5a04c05ac164eb35315c7718b

Night, night. ... But at the time, I thought he may have killed him.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ba0518e5a04c05ac164eb35315c7718b

Night, night. ... But at the time, I thought he may have killed him.

lol. Back in 2008, my at the time girlfriend and I went to Hooters to watch the fights and that was the day that Rashad Evans KO's Chuck Liddell. Now I think its silly, but at the time it happened, (before the replay) I turned to my gf and said 'he just broke Liddells neck with that shot - MMA is done' and at the time when it happened Liddell neck was like jelly when people break bone completely, plus it took him forever to wake up lol. Man I thought the sport was over for like 5 minutes.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Back in 2008, my at the time girlfriend and I went to Hooters to watch the fights and that was the day that Rashad Evans KO's Chuck Liddell. Now I think its silly, but at the time it happened, (before the replay) I turned to my gf and said 'he just broke Liddells neck with that shot - MMA is done' and at the time when it happened Liddell neck was like jelly when people break bone completely, plus it took him forever to wake up lol. Man I thought the sport was over for like 5 minutes.
i actually remember that shot, brutal

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually remember that shot, brutal

Yeah man, with the way Liddells head bounced off the mat, to the lifeless limp of him when the ref rolled him - man, even at that point I had seen dozens, if not hundreds of KO's from the lifeless limps to the stiff as a boards, but I think part of it was because I thought the old Liddell was still in there.

He got KO'd by Rampage in a quick bout that felt a little premature to stop at the time (think its a fair stoppage now), lost a split decision to Jardine and I thought his mind was a little off from losing the title. Then he comes out and solidly beats Wandy - a fight that I and other fans had been dying to see for years at that point so I thought he was mostly back.

Then he gets matched up with Evans, a guy with a few solid KOs over nobodies and a LnP artist on anyone with a name. I was thinking that he wasn't going to be able to take Liddell down as Liddells TD defense was solid and Liddell easily had the better striking.... right? lol. I always say that Tito Ortiz is a big reason I got into MMA, though I never disliked Chuck, he was just never one of my favs.... that said, he was champ for so long you never thought you'd see them go limp like that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, with the way Liddells head bounced off the mat, to the lifeless limp of him when the ref rolled him - man, even at that point I had seen dozens, if not hundreds of KO's from the lifeless limps to the stiff as a boards, but I think part of it was because I thought the old Liddell was still in there.

He got KO'd by Rampage in a quick bout that felt a little premature to stop at the time (think its a fair stoppage now), lost a split decision to Jardine and I thought his mind was a little off from losing the title. Then he comes out and solidly beats Wandy - a fight that I and other fans had been dying to see for years at that point so I thought he was mostly back.

Then he gets matched up with Evans, a guy with a few solid KOs over nobodies and a LnP artist on anyone with a name. I was thinking that he wasn't going to be able to take Liddell down as Liddells TD defense was solid and Liddell easily had the better striking.... right? lol. I always say that Tito Ortiz is a big reason I got into MMA, though I never disliked Chuck, he was just never one of my favs.... that said, he was champ for so long you never thought you'd see them go limp like that.
Totally true......

my fav is GSP .. monster

Although I can list bunch I really liked watching. I may have to revisit this later and throw some out there when I’m on my laptop

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally true......

my fav is GSP .. monster

Although I can list bunch I really liked watching. I may have to revisit this later and throw some out there when I’m on my laptop

I like GSP. He makes my MMA Mt Rushmore. GSP, Fedor, Anderson Silva.... then either Liddell or Jones. I think Jon Jones is one of the best P4P fighters of all time and he has cleaned the LHW division like none other... including Liddell. BUT, Liddell much like the other fights I mentioned (Fedor excluded) helped bring MMA into the lime light and get mainstream attention and acceptance.

With that said, my fav fighters are/were...

Anderson Silva - admittedly his showboating bothers me, but he paid for it against Weidman.
Rich Franklin - coolest, nicest, classiest guy ever.
Frankie Edgar - dude just has incredible heart and his fights are usually very entertaining.
Gegard Mousasi - to me he was just always an under the radar guy that never got the respect he should have. Unfortunately, my hiatus occurred during his stint in the UFC... now I am back watching consistently and he isn't in the UFC any more lol.

If forced to pick only one, I would have to go with Franklin. So much respect for the nicest guy in MMA.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like GSP. He makes my MMA Mt Rushmore. GSP, Fedor, Anderson Silva.... then either Liddell or Jones. I think Jon Jones is one of the best P4P fighters of all time and he has cleaned the LHW division like none other... including Liddell. BUT, Liddell much like the other fights I mentioned (Fedor excluded) helped bring MMA into the lime light and get mainstream attention and acceptance.

Anderson Silva - admittedly his showboating bothers me, but he paid for it against Weidman.
Frankie Edgar - dude just has incredible heart and his fights are usually very entertaining.
Gegard Mousasi - to me he was just always an under the radar guy that never got the respect he should have. Unfortunately, my hiatus occurred during his stint in the UFC... now I am back watching consistently and he isn't in the UFC any more lol.

If forced to pick only one, I would have to go with Franklin. So much respect for the nicest guy in MMA.
im definitely circle back here

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Id have to say my favs are....

GSP
Forrest Griffin
Bones Jones
anderson silva
Wanderlei silva
shogun rua

Loved any fight involving
Forrest griffin
Kenny florian
Anderson silva
Stephan Bonnar-best fights ever.

always disliked tito ortiz, michael penn

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have to say my favs are....

GSP
Forrest Griffin
Bones Jones
anderson silva
Wanderlei silva
shogun rua

Loved any fight involving
Forrest griffin
Kenny florian
Anderson silva
Stephan Bonnar-best fights ever.

always disliked tito ortiz, michael penn

I like Forrest and Shogun, actually crazy to think that Forrest tapped Shogun. My son (4 years old) likes to play the old school UFC games and he always picks Forrest Griffin and says its his favorite fighter even though Forrest retired before he was born lol. But how could I forget about Kenflo, he used to be one of my favs as well. Wandy I enjoyed watching in PRIDE. When he came back over to the UFC, he wasn't the same. Many PRIDE fighters weren't. Hendo, Shogun, Big & Lil Nog... if you were good in PRIDE, chances are you wouldn't fair too well in the transition over to the UFC.

Not sure who Michael Penn is, if you mean BJ Penn, I am right there with you. He was decent, but I always thought he was overrated with how Rogan and the company would promote him. But man, the LW division now is INSANE - it is stacked.

I got into the UFC around... UFC 19 or so, so Tito was a big deal. How could you not like that guy lol, he was a great heel but at the same time he gave the fans respect. There was a moment where I couldn't stand Liddell purely because Tito couldn't beat him lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Forrest and Shogun, actually crazy to think that Forrest tapped Shogun. My son (4 years old) likes to play the old school UFC games and he always picks Forrest Griffin and says its his favorite fighter even though Forrest retired before he was born lol. But how could I forget about Kenflo, he used to be one of my favs as well. Wandy I enjoyed watching in PRIDE. When he came back over to the UFC, he wasn't the same. Many PRIDE fighters weren't. Hendo, Shogun, Big & Lil Nog... if you were good in PRIDE, chances are you wouldn't fair too well in the transition over to the UFC.

Not sure who Michael Penn is, if you mean BJ Penn, I am right there with you. He was decent, but I always thought he was overrated with how Rogan and the company would promote him. But man, the LW division now is INSANE - it is stacked.

I got into the UFC around... UFC 19 or so, so Tito was a big deal. How could you not like that guy lol, he was a great heel but at the same time he gave the fans respect. There was a moment where I couldn't stand Liddell purely because Tito couldn't beat him lol.
i have no idea why i typed michael penn, did mean BJ penn.......griffin was such a show.........and yeah he did tap rua which is nuts........hard not to like him.........

wandy absolutely wasnt the same in ufc, but he was a good watch. I didnt follow pride too much tbh.

I seriously hated tito , lol i i couldnt stand him. I liked liddell because he just seemed like a stoopid puncher.......

but seriously have u watched any Bonnar fights? Dude wasnt the best fighter, but ALWAYS took on the tough opponents, and EVERY fight he would get beat to hell and just keep coming, it was always an epic fight.......

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but seriously have u watched any Bonnar fights? Dude wasnt the best fighter, but ALWAYS took on the tough opponents, and EVERY fight he would get beat to hell and just keep coming, it was always an epic fight.......

Oh for sure. Bonnar gave it out. I used to make the case that Bonnar could have done what Griffin did, if we wasn't fed to the wolves right off the bat. Griffin fought the likes of Mahood, Sinosic, and Ortiz in his firs three... Bonnar had Hoger, Irvin, and Jardine. Much more difficult in my opinion. Matter of fact, it really isn't close. After that though, Forrest was easily facing the tougher competition.

Bonnar always put on a show, but his big problem was that he always and pretty much only wanted to brawl lol. Fans love it, it just doesn't win you too many fights. He got sucked into being what the fans wanted as opposed to game planning right to win. Look at his pre UFC fights... he was 7-1 with only 1 decision and all ending in the first round. There was good reason he made the show. Then in his UFC days, he had 15 fights, losing 7(5 decisions), and 9 of those 15 went to decisions.

He will always be exciting and is obviously a UFC HoF, but it's just too bad he could never put it all together to make a real run.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. Bonnar gave it out. I used to make the case that Bonnar could have done what Griffin did, if we wasn't fed to the wolves right off the bat. Griffin fought the likes of Mahood, Sinosic, and Ortiz in his firs three... Bonnar had Hoger, Irvin, and Jardine. Much more difficult in my opinion. Matter of fact, it really isn't close. After that though, Forrest was easily facing the tougher competition.

Bonnar always put on a show, but his big problem was that he always and pretty much only wanted to brawl lol. Fans love it, it just doesn't win you too many fights. He got sucked into being what the fans wanted as opposed to game planning right to win. Look at his pre UFC fights... he was 7-1 with only 1 decision and all ending in the first round. There was good reason he made the show. Then in his UFC days, he had 15 fights, losing 7(5 decisions), and 9 of those 15 went to decisions.

He will always be exciting and is obviously a UFC HoF, but it's just too bad he could never put it all together to make a real run.
ha you're absolutely correct.

Bonnar did did that, but i loved him for it TBH.......

Bonnar vs griffin is honestly my favorite fight ever

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ha you're absolutely correct.

Bonnar did did that, but i loved him for it TBH.......

Bonnar vs griffin is honestly my favorite fight ever

Its up there for sure. Idk if I could pick just one fight, so I'll throw out a few lol

Guida vs Sanchez
Couture vs Big Nog
Sanchez vs Karo
Diaz vs Karo
Stout vs Fisher
Smith vs Sell
Huerta vs Garcia
Edgar vs Griffin
Griffin vs Guida
Sherk vs Griffin
Franklin vs Liddell
Mir vs Big Nog
Grove vs Herman

I'm sure there are plenty more too lol. Check those out if there are some that you haven't seen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its up there for sure. Idk if I could pick just one fight, so I'll throw out a few lol

Guida vs Sanchez
Couture vs Big Nog
Sanchez vs Karo
Diaz vs Karo
Stout vs Fisher
Smith vs Sell
Huerta vs Garcia
Edgar vs Griffin
Griffin vs Guida
Sherk vs Griffin
Franklin vs Liddell
Mir vs Big Nog
Grove vs Herman

I'm sure there are plenty more too lol. Check those out if there are some that you haven't seen.
You’re gonna have me YouTubing old fights.