• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA Week

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA's defense is just as young as ours. But they have a really experienced offense again kinda similar to ours.

Offensively - Beck needs to get something going on the first drive, we've had bad field position on our first drive in the first 2 games, but that shouldn't matter. We have to get going. Personally, I loved the opening play call against SMiss, it was just too bad it didn't hit home. I'd like to see us come out and fake that short pass (similar to the one that got pick sixed against Wisc in the CCG) and then go deep. Beck went deep a little more this past week, but I think early UCLA will be playing tight coverage and concentrating on stopping our running game and short passing game.

Defensively, I'm real worried. UCLA has a huge O-line with experience. Hoping we can keep Hundley bottled up but still get pressure. His legs scare me the most. Really need our Secondary to lock down receivers but also come up on the run quick enough.

I'd love to see the 20-17 score (win or lose) because that means our defense played well. But have a feeling its going to be more 38-30, toss up on the winner.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I don't want to see is one of T-mart's snowball jobs. If we get in a hole early, hopefully Beck has the smarts to keep plugging the run. Let our defense rest and collect themselves. Worse thing we could do is have 3 and outs in this game. That's what killed us last year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see a Newby/Turner opening kick return for TD.

Light that place up right away.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Taylor handles himself in tnis game is my biggest concern.

Beck. Please don't call pass plays that have him rolling left. He doesn't have the form to make that throw. Maybe 50% of pure passers even do.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my asshole tightens up every time he throws the quick out. He's thrown too many pick 6's against athletic teams there.

I could seriously press a kingsford charcoal briquette into a fine diamond with my bunger when he makes that throw.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Red Alert!!!! Don't make it so easy for me by bringing up tight assholes!!!!

:yo:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Red Alert!!!! Don't make it so easy for me by bringing up tight assholes!!!!

:yo:

Yeah, I left a softball over the plate there. :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really though, Nebraska's gonna have to run the ball well on Saturday.
If the offense is stuck in a lot of third and longs, I figure the mistakes will pile up and the teams composure to go the way of the sideline.

We've been here before.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Taylor has been told not to run it very much to me. When he runs, it leads to him fumbling and his injuries.

There was that one play where he stood in the pocket forever waiting to throw, found whoever it was as the pocket began to collapse and completed the pass. Normally, he would have scrambled and tried to use his feet for yards.

Looking forward to the game. I already told my wife that at 10:30 AM CST I am not doing anything social with her. She can watch the game with me or do whatever social obligations she has committed to, but I am not doing them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo's presser on 1620 right now.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Taylor has been told not to run it very much to me. When he runs, it leads to him fumbling and his injuries.

There was that one play where he stood in the pocket forever waiting to throw, found whoever it was as the pocket began to collapse and completed the pass. Normally, he would have scrambled and tried to use his feet for yards.

Looking forward to the game. I already told my wife that at 10:30 AM CST I am not doing anything social with her. She can watch the game with me or do whatever social obligations she has committed to, but I am not doing them.

Speaking of Syria...

I really like Afro Thunder on kick returns and special teams so far this year. It appears that the kid has great vision on kick returns and my guess is he will return at least 1 if not more kickoffs for a TD this year. I love watching him run down on punt coverage too. The guy is showing he's a leader and will do whatever is asked of him.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Nebraska took a p/k return for TD?

Niles Paul? :noidea:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand the fascination with polls, especially the AP poll that means as much as my poll, especially this early in the season.

Win all your games and things will work out!!! If you don't win all your games, who gives a shit where you are ranked.

Last year it was you, sir, who stood up for the AP poll when I made fun of it for being made up of a bunch of media clowns who don't know shit about the sport that they're being paid to talk about..... :dhd:

Anyways.....I just like the fact that everyone in the country will tune in and think we are the underdog......it's fun for me

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how you do it

fUCLA

good ol fuckla