• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U.S. Open

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out touring Mayan ruins, didn't see any TV today.
Question. Who had the bigger meltdown Johnson or Mickelson.
I really wish I saw Phil chase a live ball because I know I have done so on many occasions.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purse for this Open Championship is $12 million. Fuck Tiger right in the pussy.

Oh, the players certainly don't miss the old Tiger.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out touring Mayan ruins, didn't see any TV today.
Question. Who had the bigger meltdown Johnson or Mickelson.
I really wish I saw Phil chase a live ball because I know I have done so on many occasions.

The placements were ridiculous for the conditions. From what I watched nobody wanted to go long on any of their putts and everybody was coming up way short with a lot of 3 putts. PGA said they're going to make sure the greens play slower tomorrow.

But to answer the question Phil's the one who melted down. Johnson was just a hair off on a lot of putts. And he didn't bag a 10 on his card.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The placements were ridiculous for the conditions. From what I watched nobody wanted to go long on any of their putts and everybody was coming up way short with a lot of 3 putts. PGA said they're going to make sure the greens play slower tomorrow.

But to answer the question Phil's the one who melted down. Johnson was just a hair off on a lot of putts. And he didn't bag a 10 on his card.
Yea, 10 is pretty bad.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy F'n triggered.......the dude snappd. Big deal. DQ? Just give him the just penalty and move on.

You obviously know nothing about the integrity of the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Phil wasn't such the fan favourite, I wonder what the general reaction would be. It'll be interesting to hear his post round comments.

Phil has been known to take daring chances, etc. but this was either a very bad senior moment....or, him taking a stab at the USGA and saying fuck it. Regardless of what he says in the post rd comments I think it was the latter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a quick shedding of 3 strokes. This tournament is wide open. This is finally Fowlers time. I see a run.

DJ's 3 jack on 18 put two non-major winners in the final group...Finau/Berger shot -4 and from what I can see...Shinny does not like under par rounds very much...look for both of them to shoot 75-76 on Sunday.

I think anyone within 4 shots of the lead has a shot at this thing...after the afternoon wave yesterday, we'll have to see if the USGA dials it back on some pin positions.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read page 1, post 5 of this thread.

Ok, my bad.

But any suggestion that he should withdraw is completely over blown in my eyes.

What Phil said may perfect sense to me. If the ball had run down the hill, it would have taken as many shots or more to get it in the hole than the penalty. No this was sure as hell not a shinning moment for Phil. It's was pretty stupid.

But did you notice how relaxed Phil was during this event? He was laughing at the next hole. There was no frustration here and no "emotional" meltdown.

The networks are dying to spin this as a protest from Phil about the USGA setup. I could practically here the producer
in Joe Bucks & Paul Azenger ear piece telling them what to say.

Just look at the leader board folks. I love DJ but Mr. excitement he is not. I think the leader board is forcing the suits to try to spice things up so they go with the "Phil protest" spin.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that things will get interesting today or tomorrow.
DJ can't play this flawless golf at this place 4 straight days. I think there is a 6 over in his bag.

But he will still win unless somebody else shows they really want it.

Now lets forget about Phil and lets talk about my near perfect prediction yesterday.

:yahoo:

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they water the shit out of those greens before play today.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they water the shit out of those greens before play today.

They were watering the greens right after the last group came through yesterday

What I find crazy. Rory & Tiger finished 10 over and missed the cut.

!0 over is now 30th place and just 7 over has you tied for 10th place.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously know nothing about the integrity of the game.

I'm quite aware of the integrity of the game, thanks.

My point was purely based upon what most everyone believed in that Mickelson simply had a brain fart and snapped. When I heard him comment on the situation after the round, he basically admitted to purposely taking a two stroke penalty because he believed the score would've been worse had the ball rolled off the green, into the bunker and forced to play from there. Therefore I admit that yes.....

I can see a case where Mickelson should be DQ'd.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil has been known to take daring chances, etc. but this was either a very bad senior moment....or, him taking a stab at the USGA and saying fuck it. Regardless of what he says in the post rd comments I think it was the latter.

That's a good point. He could very well be the first player to take a shot at the setup yesterday with his actions. I heard Stenson and Koepka say that it basically crossed the line yesterday. Shinnecock Hills makes for a great US Open site and you'd certainly would've thought that after 2004, nothing controversial would happen in 2018....yet here we are.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. He could very well be the first player to take a shot at the setup yesterday with his actions. I heard Stenson and Koepka say that it basically crossed the line yesterday. Shinnecock Hills makes for a great US Open site and you'd certainly would've thought that after 2004, nothing controversial would happen in 2018....yet here we are.

You would think. Imagine if they hadn't widened the FWs....this could be a total blood bath.

I'm not sure if anyone 2 putted from above the pin on 18.

Maybe part of the problem was many of these guys apparently never got to see the course in the current condition. It rained a good bit on Wed so the practice rounds were limited...whatever happened, they clearly they didn't practice that putt....player after player blowing it by 10'+.

Me for one...I still like it....they can't just over power this course.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite aware of the integrity of the game, thanks.

My point was purely based upon what most everyone believed in that Mickelson simply had a brain fart and snapped. When I heard him comment on the situation after the round, he basically admitted to purposely taking a two stroke penalty because he believed the score would've been worse had the ball rolled off the green, into the bunker and forced to play from there. Therefore I admit that yes.....

I can see a case where Mickelson should be DQ'd.

First off, Have we ever known Phil not to speak his mind? How many times have we seen him rip into the powers that be?
This entire narrative was first planted by Joe Buck 25 seconds after it happened.
With no evidence at all there is no way they bring that up unless that was an agenda they were trying to push.
Get a controversy going and maybe you get a rating bump. And you need one with the walking dead DJ at the top of the leader board.

2nd, There was no "brain fart" here. Phil knew exactly what he was doing. Had Phil let the ball go down the hill he would have had at least another 2 strokes. He knew it was only a 2 stroke penalty so he ran over and it the ball when it was still moving.

It was stupid, plain & simple. The fault here was Phil not giving a rats ass and the US Open was areal bad place to demonstrate that. A DQ for that is overboard.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ's 3 jack on 18 put two non-major winners in the final group...Finau/Berger shot -4 and from what I can see...Shinny does not like under par rounds very much...look for both of them to shoot 75-76 on Sunday.

I think anyone within 4 shots of the lead has a shot at this thing...after the afternoon wave yesterday, we'll have to see if the USGA dials it back on some pin positions.

PGA said yesterday that they screwed up with the fast greens/pin placements. Hopefully they don't overdo it on the opposite end of the spectrum and everybody's lighting the course up.

Wind played a huge factor. Seeing guys pull driver out of their bag and being well under 300 with the roll out was refreshing. It's basically a penalty stroke if you miss the fairway as well which I also like. Kind of the crap someone like me faces playing golf in Seattle in October. You get off the fairway there's no way in hell you're finding that plugged ball. You might not even find it on the fairway. Don't want to see the starting time decide this though.