• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

U.S. Open

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when I got an alert on my phone when Tiger made an eagle at the Masters....during a practice round.

The networks and broadcasters are hype him up whenever they can because he brings more eyeballs to golf and they've been missing the bucks Tiger brought in since he's been out of the picture.
The PGA wasn't losing money when Tiger was out of the picture. There are plenty of great golfers to entertain golf fans.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holly-sonders.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious. It's like watching 30 guys look like lebron, wade, draymond Crying to the refs. Man up fellas

I don't care about how they feel about it, but from a spectator standpoint it just isn't as much fun to watch. To take your hoops example, for instance. It would be like raising the basket to 15' and reducing the size of the hoop, then watching them play a game and struggle to score.. no alley-oops, no dunking, much less scoring. I don't think that would be much fun to watch.. but different strokes I guess.

It looks as if they got it right for today.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out touring Mayan ruins, didn't see any TV today.
Question. Who had the bigger meltdown Johnson or Mickelson.
I really wish I saw Phil chase a live ball because I know I have done so on many occasions.

Phil easily. DJ got it back together and had a decent back 9, which is by far the harder side.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil should man up and withdraw.

Hopefully he'll eventually fess up and admit he just got pissed and lost his composure momentarily. It's obvious that's what happened. Regardless of his explanation, it was poor sportsmanship.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he'll eventually fess up and admit he just got pissed and lost his composure momentarily. It's obvious that's what happened. Regardless of his explanation, it was poor sportsmanship.
I'm sure Phil was frustrated but he is not a poor sport by any means.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd, There was no "brain fart" here. Phil knew exactly what he was doing. Had Phil let the ball go down the hill he would have had at least another 2 strokes. He knew it was only a 2 stroke penalty so he ran over and it the ball when it was still moving.

I'm not buying it. Had he let it roll he would have had a 20 yard pitch over the trap. So unless you maintain that Phil Mickelson, with 2 strokes, could not have put it within the 8' that he had after slapping the moving ball back up the hill, he did not help his score by doing what he did.

Watching his ball rolling down the hill was the moment Phil said "fuck it"... and ftr he's been my favorite player for > 20 years.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying it. Had he let it roll he would have had a 20 yard pitch over the trap. So unless you maintain that Phil Mickelson, with 2 strokes, could not have put it within the 8' that he had after slapping the moving ball back up the hill, he did not help his score buy doing what he did. He hurt it.
Phil admitted he purposely hit a moving ball and accepted the penalty.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Phil was frustrated but he is not a poor sport by any means.

No he isn't. He's just the opposite which make the incident so out of character and unfortunate. Either way I don't think it will stick to him considering how great an ambassador for the game he's been.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's plastic? :sigh:

They are of course.. not that there's anything wrong with that. Breast enhancement surgery is very common for eye-candy women who work in the media. Google Holly Niederkohr. She played golf for Michigan State 10-ish years ago. She's a fine looking woman either way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil admitted he purposely hit a moving ball and accepted the penalty.

Of course, but that's not the point. He claimed he did it because doing it and taking a 2-shot penalty would have resulted in a better score than going down and hitting it from where it would have stopped and not taking a 2-shot penalty.

That would mean that he claims he thought he couldn't have gotten it down in 3 shots from down there. That was BS. I could probably get it down in 3 from there. He wasn't thinking. He just got frustrated and reacted.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The course seems to be playing great today. It's there if they hit the shots. Looking forward to it. I'm not into watching them all go backwards and playing defensive golf.

They mentioned today that Steve Stricker has made 27 straight cuts in majors, the longest active streak. That is just amazing considering it covers the years from 45-51 years old. I wonder if anyone in the modern era has come close to that at that age.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but that's not the point. He claimed he did it because doing it and taking a 2-shot penalty would have resulted in a better score than going down and hitting it from where it would have stopped and not taking a 2-shot penalty.

That would mean that he claims he thought he couldn't have gotten it down in 3 shots from down there. That was BS. I could probably get it down in 3 from there. He wasn't thinking. He just got frustrated and reacted.
The greens were very dry and the USGA should have done a better job of watering them prior to the 3rd round. Zach Johnson was critical of the course and for good reason.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The course seems to be playing great today. It's there if they hit the shots. Looking forward to it. I'm not into watching them all go backwards and playing defensive golf.

They mentioned today that Steve Stricker has made 27 straight cuts in majors, the longest active streak. That is just amazing considering it covers the years from 45-51 years old. I wonder if anyone in the modern era has come close to that at that age.
They finally watered the greens much more prior to this round than they did yesterday.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greens were very dry and the USGA should have done a better job of watering them prior to the 3rd round. Zach Johnson was critical of the course and for good reason.

and some of the pin placements were ridiculous. A few of the guys talked about it. That course at that length is tough enough as it is, especially if the wind blows at all. Tricking it up with ungetable pin placements was unnecessary. They've done a much better job today it appears.