• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Player Decade MLB Draft 2 : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, @wlk3 is pissed off at me for drafting a left handed pitcher?

Actually no... I’m just confused on how in previous drafts we never had a problem listing different lineups when benches weren’t required to play, but in a draft where teams are required to play the bench I’m limited in how my bench is played... I remember Stoker listing all types of lineups with bullet points and asterisks in order to matchup vs different teams but here it’s not an option... doesn’t make sense if we’re trying to be strategic, which I’m ALL for... at this point it’s like a race to grab this or that player and strategy is basically who can draft this player before the run on said position starts... but whatever... here is my list of starters and bench squad...

WLK
Vs Devil & UK - 2,4,5,6,7
Vs Shane & Milk - 2,3,5,6,7
Vs Fem & Ritz - 1,4,5,6,7
Vs 500 & Ducey - 1,2,5,6,7
Vs Nos - 1,3,5,6,7

BATTING ORDER (Starters)
1. Jose Altuve (R) - 2B - *00
2. Frankie Frisch (B) - 3B - *10
3. Barry Bonds (L) - LF - *80
4. Hank Aaron (R) - CF - *50
5. David Ortiz (L) - 1B - 90*
6. Roy Campanella (R) - C - *40
7. Joe Sewell (L) - SS - *20
8. Albert Belle (R) - RF - 80*
9. Dummy Hoy (L) - DH - 88*

BATTING ORDER (Sub Squad)
Vs Devil & UK - 1,3
Vs Shane & Milk - 1,4
Vs Fem & Ritz - 2,3
Vs 500 & Ducey - 3,4
Vs Nos - 2,4

2. Pedro Guerrero (R) - 3B - 70*
3. Hank Aaron (R) - CF - *50
4. Barry Bonds (L) - LF - *80
5. Albert Belle (R) - RF - 80*
6. Frank Howard (R) - 1B - 50*
7. Walker Cooper (R) - C - 40*
8. Robin Yount (R) - SS - *70
9. Stuffy McInnis (R) - DH - 09*

ROTATION
1. Bob Feller (R) - *30
2. Rube Waddell (L) - *97
3. Mordecai Brown (R) - *03
4. Juan Marichal (R) - *60
5. Mickey Lolich (L) - 60*

BULLPEN
Trevor Hoffman (R) - *90
Aroldis Chapman (L) - 00*
Joe Heving (R) - 30*
Eddie Rommel (R) - 20*
Jakie May (L) - 17*

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no... I’m just confused on how in previous drafts we never had a problem listing different lineups when benches weren’t required to play, but in a draft where teams are required to play the bench I’m limited in how my bench is played... I remember Stoker listing all types of lineups with bullet points and asterisks in order to matchup vs different teams but here it’s not an option... doesn’t make sense if we’re trying to be strategic, which I’m ALL for... at this point it’s like a race to grab this or that player and strategy is basically who can draft this player before the run on said position starts... but whatever... here is my list of starters and bench squad...

WLK
Vs Nos - 1,3,5,6,7

BATTING ORDER (Starters)

Vs Devil & UK - 1,3
Vs Shane & Milk - 1,4
Vs Fem & Ritz - 2,3
Vs 500 & Ducey - 3,4
Vs Nos - 2,4

ROTATION
1. Bob Feller (R) - *30

BULLPEN
Trevor Hoffman (R) - *90
Joe Heving (R) - 30*
Eddie Rommel (R) - 20*
Jakie May (L) - 17*

My strategy was basically this:

What 5 players do I want to replace in my starting lineup?

A catcher has to be included so it narrows down to 4. I wanted to replace my least greatest players which was my entire outfield and DH. Since my startng lineup was 5 righties and 4 lefties I tried to make my other lineup with close to the same ratio while filling those 4 positions. Had nothing to do with who I was playing, pitchers faced, lineups faced. And I found suitable replacements. I get your strategy but imo I think you just overthought it...just my shitty opinion lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A catcher has to be included so it narrows down to 4. I wanted to replace my least greatest players which was my entire outfield and DH. Since my startng lineup was 5 righties and 4 lefties I tried to make my other lineup with close to the same ratio while filling those 4 positions. Had nothing to do with who I was playing, pitchers faced, lineups faced. And I found suitable replacements. I get your strategy but imo I think you just overthought it...just my shitty opinion lol

yea, I think for the POSTED rules, which I wish I read way before so I could have asked for some amendments, this was the way to go...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WLK
Vs Nos - 1,3,5,6,7

BATTING ORDER (Starters)

Vs Devil & UK - 1,3
Vs Shane & Milk - 1,4
Vs Fem & Ritz - 2,3
Vs 500 & Ducey - 3,4
Vs Nos - 2,4

ROTATION
1. Bob Feller (R) - *30

BULLPEN
Trevor Hoffman (R) - *90
Joe Heving (R) - 30*
Eddie Rommel (R) - 20*
Jakie May (L) - 17*
Oh.. I get it. You're mad at Shane for being ghey.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isnt the only thing that matters but when you are a 1st ballot HOF I would hope you do lolzz

No, from now on I only draft OBP guys, nothing else fucking matters!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WLK
Vs Nos - 1,3,5,6,7

BATTING ORDER (Starters)

Vs Devil & UK - 1,3
Vs Shane & Milk - 1,4
Vs Fem & Ritz - 2,3
Vs 500 & Ducey - 3,4
Vs Nos - 2,4

ROTATION
1. Bob Feller (R) - *30

BULLPEN
Trevor Hoffman (R) - *90
Joe Heving (R) - 30*
Eddie Rommel (R) - 20*
Jakie May (L) - 17*
The whole playing the bench thing is a clusterfuck IMO. Who plays their bench two entire games in a series? Also, all those bench guys would pinch hit, I don't get it, but OK lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole playing the bench thing is a clusterfuck IMO. Who plays their bench two entire games in a series? Also, all those bench guys would pinch hit, I don't get it, but OK lol

Okay, let's just move on to the next draft...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was just a different idea to get benches involved bc having a bench is usually useless. Maybe we just trash benches altogether like we do in basketball? I suggested to doing two lineups and a 7 man rotation but seems like people dont like the 7-man.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I get it... your strategy was a great one, in fact I felt most everyone would have a similar strategy which is why I thought it would be great to try to go with a different strategy... again, I enjoy the drafts but I feel a lot of times we’re racing to get Ruth or Bonds, then who can get the best pitchers, who’s gonna grab Mariano first, who’s gonna grab Cano before 500... at what point if not now do we start to try and use a deeper strategy...? for instance, you said you tried to find the similar version of the group you already had... but why not look for a way to incorporate a strategy that would switch your whole team based upon matchups... I did it in terms of okay I’ll face at least 2 lefty pitchers, how about I use my bench to neutralize some of the great lefty pitchers by drafting great righty hitters for my second group... someone could have drafted great defensive players and drafted pitchers who were great at getting hitters to hit grounders... i don’t know enough to give a bunch of examples but you get what I’m saying I think... end of the day, it was a fun draft... we all like baseball drafts because there’s so many players that bring different things to the match... I just felt like trying a different strategy would be a plus instead of causing problems... if my lineups and games selected are too much of an issue my bench will play games 3/4 in all matches...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just a different idea to get benches involved bc having a bench is usually useless. Maybe we just trash benches altogether like we do in basketball? I suggested to doing two lineups and a 7 man rotation but seems like people dont like the 7-man.

I think it’s safe to say you are definitely the only guy here that wants 7 guys rotating on him :grouphug:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, let's just move on to the next draft...

NExt draft we should do basketball and Force the fact that defense is more important than offensive output... That Bill Russell is better than Wilt Chamberlain!!!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NExt draft we should do basketball and Force the fact that defense is more important than offensive output... That Bill Russell is better than Wilt Chamberlain!!!!

Michael Cooper over Michael Jordan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get it... your strategy was a great one, in fact I felt most everyone would have a similar strategy which is why I thought it would be great to try to go with a different strategy... again, I enjoy the drafts but I feel a lot of times we’re racing to get Ruth or Bonds, then who can get the best pitchers, who’s gonna grab Mariano first, who’s gonna grab Cano before 500... at what point if not now do we start to try and use a deeper strategy...? for instance, you said you tried to find the similar version of the group you already had... but why not look for a way to incorporate a strategy that would switch your whole team based upon matchups... I did it in terms of okay I’ll face at least 2 lefty pitchers, how about I use my bench to neutralize some of the great lefty pitchers by drafting great righty hitters for my second group... someone could have drafted great defensive players and drafted pitchers who were great at getting hitters to hit grounders... i don’t know enough to give a bunch of examples but you get what I’m saying I think... end of the day, it was a fun draft... we all like baseball drafts because there’s so many players that bring different things to the match... I just felt like trying a different strategy would be a plus instead of causing problems... if my lineups and games selected are too much of an issue my bench will play games 3/4 in all matches...

I didnt want to change my strategy bc I had nothing to go by. Every rotation has 2 lefties except Femur’s (3) and 500 (1) so why not keep close to a balanced lineup. You could prepare for a Femur matchup so I get that, but what about after? Like I said as long as you keep it balanced you should be in good shape. I get that you were trying to switch things up but you just had nothing to go by other than Femur’s team. Either way you are one of the best MLB drafters out here and this draft was a different kind of challenge than we have ever seen imo

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt want to change my strategy bc I had nothing to go by. Every rotation has 2 lefties except Femur’s (3) and 500 (1) so why not keep close to a balanced lineup. You could prepare for a Femur matchup so I get that, but what about after? Like I said as long as you keep it balanced you should be in good shape. I get that you were trying to switch things up but you just had nothing to go by other than Femur’s team. Either way you are one of the best MLB drafters out here and this draft was a different kind of challenge than we have ever seen imo

Well everyone is a good mlb drafter except Ritz :yes: but yeah I knew it was a gamble... one I was willing to take as I know 9 times out of 10 if one person drafts 1 lefty it’s 500, the only other person is usually me lol... I was willing to take the chance but I also thought that I’d be able to use my “super righty” lineup in games 6 and/or 7 vs someone who had lefties at 1 and/or 2... didn’t know if would work or not but wanted to give a shot... I’m not mad or anything like that, just thought it’d give me an unexpected advantage vs my opponents... like I said I’m good with it... I did not expecting to win but more expecting it would be something that I would be able to do... I also acknowledge that it puts extra work on those of you who do all the work of posting and editing so I get that it could be a headache for you guys as well as some people might think the strategy was dumb so again it is what it is... I posted my teams and how I’d like them posted with only 2 games for my bench... if it needs to be uniform just have my bench squad play games 3/4...

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone is a good mlb drafter except Ritz :yes: but yeah I knew it was a gamble... one I was willing to take as I know 9 times out of 10 if one person drafts 1 lefty it’s 500, the only other person is usually me lol... I was willing to take the chance but I also thought that I’d be able to use my “super righty” lineup in games 6 and/or 7 vs someone who had lefties at 1 and/or 2... didn’t know if would work or not but wanted to give a shot... I’m not mad or anything like that, just thought it’d give me an unexpected advantage vs my opponents... like I said I’m good with it... I did not expecting to win but more expecting it would be something that I would be able to do... I also acknowledge that it puts extra work on those of you who do all the work of posting and editing so I get that it could be a headache for you guys as well as some people might think the strategy was dumb so again it is what it is... I posted my teams and how I’d like them posted with only 2 games for my bench... if it needs to be uniform just have my bench squad play games 3/4...
Because lefty/righty pitchers don’t matter just draft the best ones!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shouldnt expect to win...considering I have Norm Cash :yes:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d be mad if it wasn’t true but still I say we fight :comeatmebro:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano and Cash are the two most important players in MLB drafts

The two least important players: Kirby and Johnny Dickshot