• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two 1,000 yard receivers

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree what your are saying in theory... but it's kind of hard to include a combination of
"Crabtree/Boldin/Manningham" or "Harvin/Rice/Tate"...

When there is a very real possibility that Crabtree/Boldin/Manningham AND Harvin/Rice/Tate

may never actually be a Trio ever....

Crabtree is a longshot for contributing this year... Manningham is coming off a Torn ACL, and Boldin is on a 1 year deal...

Harvin is in the same boat as Crabtree, and Rice is in the final year of his deal....

Right now... I think you have to say the Cardinals Trio is the best. Not by a landslide, but on paper, because they all can actually play.. its got to get the nod.

My point exactly. I was including the current injuries in my assessment. Given everyone is healthy, it is a more level playing field.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the real world, you take the Cards 3 easily due to injuries. In fantasyland where everyone is always healthy, that's a tougher call. I think I'd rather have Manningham over Floyd as my #3 (pass on Tate) right now. Boldin is getting "old", but easy to argue he is better than Roberts...his last few games in the playoffs were pretty incredible. The SF trio might get the edge. The SEA trio...nah, Harvin even healthy is massivley over-rated as a WR, I love Sidney Rice, and Golden Tate is silly.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Floyd was the best WR prospect going into last year's Draft and I didn't want to see him on the Cardinals roster. Palmer is a better QB than most people realise. However, he's easy to get to than Kolb was and he likes to check the ball down. To summarise he needs an average or better OL and good TE/RB receivers. There's much more potential on the Cardinals offensive roster but it might not mesh together. For the most part i'd like to see them do well.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Floyd was the best WR prospect going into last year's Draft and I didn't want to see him on the Cardinals roster. Palmer is a better QB than most people realise. However, he's easy to get to than Kolb was and he likes to check the ball down. To summarise he needs an average or better OL and good TE/RB receivers. There's much more potential on the Cardinals offensive roster but it might not mesh together. For the most part i'd like to see them do well.

I agree with Floyd, I also thought he was the best WR coming out last year, and I didn't want the Cardinals to draft him. I wanted them to start addressing the OL last season in round one, but am happy with the selection of Cooper this year.

Palmer has one thing that Kolb doesn't though, and that is pocket awareness. At this point, being a "check down Charlie" is better than what Kolb was giving us... I'd be much less frustrated watching a guy swing a dump off pass on 3rd and 8, than watching a guy feel pressure that wasn't there, panic, and then get sacked.

But no team or QB could have survived with that OL we had last season, especially the Guard play... we got D E S T R O Y E D by A Gap pressure, and that was squarely on the Guards shoulders... it was awful. Not to mention the fact that the Cardinals LOST yards on nearly 30% of their running plays last season (not a made up stat)

You just can't survive that way...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the o-line is much better than last year. If so, we have a shot at the playoffs. Cooper is just tearing it up at practice. He is an absolute mauler. That alone should take a lot of pressure off the right guard. Sendlein is a solid center and the only consistent, quality lineman we had last year. Combine that with Levi coming back and adding Winston as a right tackle and we have a solid unit. Not to mention we added a lot of depth behind the starters. If everything holds to plan, and the line can pass protect, Floyd and Fitz will have great years. Also, I went to my second practice and both time's Housler has really stood out. He looks faster than all our receivers. If we get the tight end position rolling, that only helps.