• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Turn to ESPN2 NOW....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree. Still think the B10 is the best, regardless of people saying the B12 is the best. But I think we are right on par w/ the B12

It is close, you are probably right the B1G is still on top.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the B1G is the best right now too. That conference is loaded.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about any of the other sports...just bball

BUT I do care when our bball conference gets disrespected. It happened last year and we had Oregon (as a 12 seed) and UA getting to the sweet 16, Cal with the first round upset as a 12 seed (and almost beating 'cuse), and UCLA shitting the bed (which I LOVE no matter what it means for the conference).

No offense but that right there isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the conference. 3 teams out of the first game?

The Pac-12 has been pretty bad over the last handful of years.

I watch them all the time. Only games on at the time they are.

This year it's Zona then UCLA. A couple decent teams Stanford and ASU.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but that right there isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the conference. 3 teams out of the first game?

The Pac-12 has been pretty bad over the last handful of years.

I watch them all the time. Only games on at the time they are.

This year it's Zona then UCLA. A couple decent teams Stanford and ASU.

We had two 12's win and Arizona was a bad switch and buzzer beater away from getting a shot at Wichita st

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, ASSU sucks balls haha

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had two 12's win and Arizona was a bad switch and buzzer beater away from getting a shot at Wichita st

yeah im just saying that if its the end result that isn't a great thing for the conference. Weren't those all the teams that even made it?

This year will probably be the most Pac teams to make it in a while.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt the PAC has been down for a few years. But the quality is there this year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one??

ross-game-winner.gif

:happy:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah im just saying that if its the end result that isn't a great thing for the conference. Weren't those all the teams that even made it?

This year will probably be the most Pac teams to make it in a while.

We had one really bad season surrounded by some mediocre seasons. It all started when the NBA drafted all these players from the conference from 2007-2009.

Nick Young
Aaron Afflalo
Aaron Brooks
Ryan Anderson
Brooke Lopez
Robin Lopez
Kevin Love
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Darren Collison
Taj Gibson
Demar Derozan
James Harden

Losing all these players early to the NBA draft is going to put a dent in any conference. Pretty damn impressive list of names.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about our conference. We're back to being elite. The other teams can suck it and continue to disappoint. Fuck the Pac12. Fuck the refs. Fuck Larry Scott. Fuck Directv :)

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about our conference. We're back to being elite. The other teams can suck it and continue to disappoint. Fuck the Pac12. Fuck the refs. Fuck Larry Scott. Fuck Directv :)

:agree:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had one really bad season surrounded by some mediocre seasons. It all started when the NBA drafted all these players from the conference from 2007-2009.

Nick Young
Aaron Afflalo
Aaron Brooks
Ryan Anderson
Brooke Lopez
Robin Lopez
Kevin Love
Russell Westbrook
OJ Mayo
Darren Collison
Taj Gibson
Demar Derozan
James Harden

Losing all these players early to the NBA draft is going to put a dent in any conference. Pretty damn impressive list of names.

I see your point kinda, but the issue isn't losing all that talent. It's not replacing all of that talent. I'm pretty sure over a 3 year stretch, Kansas, UK and UNC have all lost about that many players to the draft. That's 3 teams, not 3 conferences. But they replace that talent with comparable talent. The PAC didn't.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point kinda, but the issue isn't losing all that talent. It's not replacing all of that talent. I'm pretty sure over a 3 year stretch, Kansas, UK and UNC have all lost about that many players to the draft. That's 3 teams, not 3 conferences. But they replace that talent with comparable talent. The PAC didn't.

100%. And that's a large part of why we struggled as a conference. But let's be honest, a huge reason is that before Sean Miller we went through such a strange transition with Lute's health issues that it simply left us in turmoil. 4 coaches in 4 years. That leads to having to build a program back up, and the fact that SM was able to do it so quickly shows how good he really is, both as a recruiter and a coach.

Oh, and Tim Floyd helped a little bit too haha

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%. And that's a large part of why we struggled as a conference. But let's be honest, a huge reason is that before Sean Miller we went through such a strange transition with Lute's health issues that it simply left us in turmoil. 4 coaches in 4 years. That leads to having to build a program back up, and the fact that SM was able to do it so quickly shows how good he really is, both as a recruiter and a coach.

Oh, and Tim Floyd helped a little bit too haha

Miller has certainly done a great job at Zona, but I wouldn't get too excited over a single year of excellence. By all means enjoy it, but don't read too much into it. Don't forget, that Hoosier fans had decreed Fivehead the patron saint of program rebuilding, and all they really had to show for it was a couple of Sweet 16 appearances and this season.

While I think Miller is a better coach than Crean, and I think AZ has a much better chance at sustained success than IU right now, because of that, my overall point is that success can be fleeting. So enjoy the moment.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has certainly done a great job at Zona, but I wouldn't get too excited over a single year of excellence. By all means enjoy it, but don't read too much into it. Don't forget, that Hoosier fans had decreed Fivehead the patron saint of program rebuilding, and all they really had to show for it was a couple of Sweet 16 appearances and this season.

While I think Miller is a better coach than Crean, and I think AZ has a much better chance at sustained success than IU right now, because of that, my overall point is that success can be fleeting. So enjoy the moment.

While I HEAR you, it's the recruiting success that SM is having (Calipari and Coach K are the only two ahead of him at the moment, and that might change when we get the #1 class in 2015) that allows me to have confidence that, as long as SM is our coach, we will be a perennial FF candidate.

The #1 thing SM does is recruit elite guys that PLAY DEFENSE. A recruit knows if he doesn't he will not be in the rotation, and let's be honest guys, it's those types of guys that are much more often team players than the Harrison twins / poythress's of the world...

Also, SM is a MUCH better coach than crean, and since he has the whole west coast at his disposal he has an advantage in recruiting as well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro I wasn't saying UVA isn't good because obviously they are but I don't think they are the best.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro I wasn't saying UVA isn't good because obviously they are but I don't think they are the best.

any team that was nearly beat by VT this year cannot be in discussion of whose the best :D