• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

try to remain unbiased

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been TB12 for me for awhile. Montana was amazing. Amazing. He also played on some pretty dominant teams in the pre-FA and salary cap era. It's certainly impressive he never threw a pick in those 4 SB's. But in three of them his team never trailed and two were blowouts. The Boomer Esiason game was the only time he ever had to lead his team on a crucial scoring drive in the 4th quarter of a SB. Now of course he did it, and did it beautifully, and there's nothing to say he couldn't've done it the other times if he'd needed to, as well. But ultimately he only did it once, whereas TB's done it 5 times. That's the great separator for me.

Someone wants to call them 1 and 1A, I got no quarrel with that.

I was one that was OK with the 1 and 1a designation until this last SB win. Truth is that I did so out of deference to Montana (and Joe Walsh's system) more than anything because Brady had eclipsed Joe years ago when he won his fourth title in 6 appearances.

At this point it is clear that what Brady has accomplished dwarfs Montana's career. Maybe if Joe's parents could have afforded to send him to a better college he might have been better.

:dhd:

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that last run did not do it. I feel pretty much the same way about him now as I did going into last season, only with the added benefit of him adding another year of playing at a high level to his career resume.

Super Bowls are a stupid stat to use to compare individual players. If Malcolm Butler doesn't step in front of a Russel Wilson red zone pass, is Tom Brady a worse QB? If Tyree does not make an incredible catch, is Tom Brady a better QB? And you could play that game with every Super Bowl Tom has been in. He could be 0-7 in Super Bowls, or 7-0 pretty easily.

So, to answer the question "Does this last playoff run and SB comeback make TB12 the greatest of all time?"

No, I think he probably was before hand.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His performance in this past SB was something I've only witnessed once.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that last run did not do it. I feel pretty much the same way about him now as I did going into last season, only with the added benefit of him adding another year of playing at a high level to his career resume.

Super Bowls are a stupid stat to use to compare individual players. If Malcolm Butler doesn't step in front of a Russel Wilson red zone pass, is Tom Brady a worse QB? If Tyree does not make an incredible catch, is Tom Brady a better QB? And you could play that game with every Super Bowl Tom has been in. He could be 0-7 in Super Bowls, or 7-0 pretty easily.

So, to answer the question "Does this last playoff run and SB comeback make TB12 the greatest of all time?"

Well we are all entitled to our opinions and I respect your opinion as much as I disagree with it. I think playoff runs, come from behind victories and super bowl appearances and wins have a lot to do with. The QB is widely considered the leader of the team this is very true with Brady, the aforementioned situations directly reflect on his leadership. The ability to lead and rally when in the eye's of defeat, to face the best teams the league has to offer year in and year out to merge victorious in most of those battles speaks volumes of Brady. So much preparation and drive keeping your team focused on the end goal all come into play. You can lose a regular season game without any real concern that is a luxury you don't have come playoff time. I think the playoff wins trip to the SB and SB wins speak volumes to his greatness.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one that was OK with the 1 and 1a designation until this last SB win. Truth is that I did so out of deference to Montana (and Joe Walsh's system) more than anything because Brady had eclipsed Joe years ago when he won his fourth title in 6 appearances.

At this point it is clear that what Brady has accomplished dwarfs Montana's career. Maybe if Joe's parents could have afforded to send him to a better college he might have been better.

:dhd:

I thought Joe Walsh was an Eagles player.....

Guitar player.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons 4th quarter collapse was epic.

It's too bad the Falcons didn't get to play the Steelers or Chiefs…because then there wouldn't have been an AFC quarterback to make them 'collapse' and they could have won.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad the Falcons didn't get to play the Steelers or Chiefs…because then there wouldn't have been an AFC quarterback to make them 'collapse' and they could have won.
A poor analysis by you but one that I would expect from a Pats fan.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A poor analysis by you but one that I would expect from a Pats fan.

Yeah, that's not an analysis. It's a rebuttal.

It's too bad they have to play all four quarters, isn't it? The Falcons should have taken their ball and gone home.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad they have to play all four quarters, isn't it? The Falcons should have taken their ball and gone home.

Every team is measured by their ability to play a full 60 minute game. If a team runs out of gas after three quarters, that's not a collapse, it a conditioning failure. That's a coach and his training staff and their ability to get the most out of their team.

If the Falcons collapsed, why didn't the Patriots? They played the exact same minutes, in the exact same conditions under the exact same rules. Everyone had pretty much written the Patriots off after 43 minutes of game time. In the final 22 minutes of the game, the Falcons had the ball 3 times and failed to score a point. In the same final 22 minutes the Patriots had the ball 5 times and scored 31 points.

The final drive in Overtime may well be the most incredible offensive performance in NFL history.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just more icing on the cake is all. This year he's primed to add some strawberries or avacados or whatever other food he lives on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are all entitled to our opinions and I respect your opinion as much as I disagree with it. I think playoff runs, come from behind victories and super bowl appearances and wins have a lot to do with. The QB is widely considered the leader of the team this is very true with Brady, the aforementioned situations directly reflect on his leadership. The ability to lead and rally when in the eye's of defeat, to face the best teams the league has to offer year in and year out to merge victorious in most of those battles speaks volumes of Brady. So much preparation and drive keeping your team focused on the end goal all come into play. You can lose a regular season game without any real concern that is a luxury you don't have come playoff time. I think the playoff wins trip to the SB and SB wins speak volumes to his greatness.
You're spot on. Look what people say about Marino? Had he won just one SB he'd be in the top 10 all-time hands down. Add a couple more he's top 3-5.
QBs get the W and "L" tags associated to them, just the way it is. No other position gets that tag. When was the last time someone mentioned a C as being 3-0 in SBs? Kickers are the next closest yet no one cares about their all time records only whether they made or missed an important FG or PAT.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's not an analysis. It's a rebuttal.

Hillary said she would have won the presidential election if it was held in October instead of November.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hillary said she would have won the presidential election if it was held in October instead of November.

So she still hasn't figured out that nobody in the country likes her. Always funny to read that her own husband told her she was going to lose this election but she kept surrounding herself with a bunch of people that just kept telling her she was doing great and would wipe the floor of Trump.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So she still hasn't figured out that nobody in the country likes her. Always funny to read that her own husband told her she was going to lose this election but she kept surrounding herself with a bunch of people that just kept telling her she was doing great and would wipe the floor of Trump.
Folks like this dimwit...

images

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-5_23-0-36.jpeg
    upload_2017-5-5_23-0-36.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 3

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Now you understand why credit belongs to the Patriots.

"…but if only we hadn't 'collapsed' - we, we…were ahead…we had more points…but, but the game kept going!……"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"…but if only we hadn't 'collapsed' - we, we…were ahead…we had more points…but, but the game kept going!……"
Exactly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Falcons thought that 3 quarters was enough... :D

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God, we didn't go down that election shithole.

The last thing we need in a Patriots Message Board is U.S. election arguments.