• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point did they determine the best strategy to deal with this politically was the regular deny/hoax/overblown move that's worked with everyone else?

Surely someone in there must've argued that if this thing explodes Stateside it's going to spread & kill indiscriminately and the blowback is going to be much more god-awful than just dealing with it now, right?

You are assuming that there was any logic or forethought here.

Everyone who could have talked sense into him has been fired and replaced with donors.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. Even if she endorses Biden how many of her supporters are likely to see him as the closest match to their values? And what is Biden really likely to give her to drop out knowing that her staying in is working in his favour by splitting the hard-left vote?

/Maybe Biden is giving her something to stay in? Shrewd if so.
Exit polling on Tuesday showed that the majority of people who voted for Biden in various states (NC included) voted for him not because they see him as their idealistic match but because they think he has a better chance of beating Trump.

If Biden is successful in courting her and she hits the campaign trail hard on his behalf encouraging the progressive wing to rally around the idea of beating Trump first and foremost.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exit polling on Tuesday showed that the majority of people who voted for Biden in various states (NC included) voted for him not because they see him as their idealistic match but because they think he has a better chance of beating Trump.

If Biden is successful in courting her and she hits the campaign trail hard on his behalf encouraging the progressive wing to rally around the idea of beating Trump first and foremost.
They need any thing close Bernie's base if they want to win.
Young voters overwhelmingly supported Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday, but not enough turned out to overcome Joe Biden
But as we see even Bernie's base isn't voting.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd better check his size 48 pants because they are on fire...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd better check his size 48 pants because they are on fire...

"Fake news"

"We literally just recorded you talking"

"FAKE NEWS!"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a guy, who looks a lot like me and goofs off a lot but who is not me, who works at a major hospital / healthcare provider albeit at a very low level. The company is sending out dispatches about how they are prepared for Coronavirus and how the company and employees can help. Its decent stuff and fills my handsome funny friend with hope and confidence.

At the same time coworkers who have been out recently with the flu were asked to hurry back or even do some work and now the goof on the other side of my friend's desk is sniffling and says he woke up with a sore throat but decided to come in.

Were doomed. Just find me an infected foreign girl (adds mystery!) of lose morals who will infect me so I can avoid a month of wasting time trying to avoid it before I catch it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liz just called me, shes dropping out.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need any thing close Bernie's base if they want to win.
Young voters overwhelmingly supported Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday, but not enough turned out to overcome Joe Biden
But as we see even Bernie's base isn't voting.
I have no idea why seasoned political operators would ever rely on the “young person vote” but, as with literally every election ever anywhere in history, young people do not vote. They never will. Stop thinking you’re the one who’s going to change that and maybe you’ll win an election.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point did they determine the best strategy to deal with this politically was the regular deny/hoax/overblown move that's worked with everyone else?

Surely someone in there must've argued that if this thing explodes Stateside it's going to spread & kill indiscriminately and the blowback is going to be much more god-awful than just dealing with it now, right?
You are part of the Deep State aren’t you

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why seasoned political operators would ever rely on the “young person vote” but, as with literally every election ever anywhere in history, young people do not vote. They never will. Stop thinking you’re the one who’s going to change that and maybe you’ll win an election.
There are small fractions of young folks that do vote and focusing on getting them out to vote will help grow that number which should be the plan.

It is very similar to what the GOP did in the 70's with the religious right. Used to be clear they didn't get involved with Politics but over time they are a strong force.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are small fractions of young folks that do vote and focusing on getting them out to vote will help grow that number which should be the plan.

It is very similar to what the GOP did in the 70's with the religious right. Used to be clear they didn't get involved with Politics but over time they are a strong force.
I'm not saying they shouldn't try, I'm just seeing a lot of "Bernie couldn't mobilize the youth vote" out there as an explanation for losing so many primaries and while sure maybe they expected that to go for them I'm utterly perplexed at what makes anybody think an 80 year old white guy going on about taxing the rich is going to motivate the Tik Tokkers to put the phone down and vote in a primary in strong enough numbers to overwhelm the competition.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they shouldn't try, I'm just seeing a lot of "Bernie couldn't mobilize the youth vote" out there as an explanation for losing so many primaries and while sure maybe they expected that to go for them I'm utterly perplexed at what makes anybody think an 80 year old white guy going on about taxing the rich is going to motivate the Tik Tokkers to put the phone down and vote in a primary in strong enough numbers to overwhelm the competition.

Bernie should have referenced the things he has in common with the youth of today. Like their shared love of Steely Dan, early Genesis, the Billy Jack movies, and Rhoda.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernie should have referenced the things he has in common with the youth of today. Like their shared love of Steely Dan, early Genesis, the Billy Jack movies, and Rhoda.

Don't forget Boz Scaggs comeds, Bernie loves giving us the lowdown.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Boz Scaggs comeds, Bernie loves giving us the lowdown.

"Lido Shuffle right down to the voting booths to vote for me!"

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. And I wasn't even caring about why Bernie couldn't get people out. It was more a general comment if they want to win they need to figure a way and we know Bernie isn't it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Lido Shuffle right down to the voting booths to vote for me!"
"Like you kids, I used to masturbate to Herb Alpert's "Whipped Cream And Other Delights" album cover"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My winter rash has transformed into a spring rash.

Now thats a 10000 post!

Status
Not open for further replies.